TCIWTFY - Chapter 7


"Why is Neril here...."

'Why is she still here? She should have been thrown somewhere outside the palace by now!'

Marieu knew about the head maid's plan to drive out Neril.

"You weren't even in the palace, but you're talking as if you saw it yourself."

Marieu cried out in great confusion at Medea's sharp questioning.

"No, Your Highness! I went there because I had a problem with the laundry room. I couldn't sleep or eat, so I stayed by Your Highness's side the entire time... Your Highness?"

Medea looked at the maids lined up in a row, refusing to listen to the excuses.

These are all people who never existed before.

'You came running in a hurry.'

Medea called the court doctor and ordered them to check on Neril's condition.

"Uh... yes..."

The maids were agitated. The eyes were busy trembling aimlessly.

This was because Marieu was rolling her eyes next to Medea.

"By the way, Your Highness. Neril shouldn't be here. She committed a serious crime and should be punished-"

"Noisy."

Medea cut off the intervening words.

"I guess I let you off the hook too much. Someone like the nanny's daughter obeys my commands."

"I... Your Highness..."

Marieu was taken aback by the Princess's cold attitude.

"Do I have to say this twice?"

"No!"

The Princess becomes more determined and Marieu is embarrassed.

It was obvious which one to choose.

They hurriedly bowed down and took Neril away.

"Your Highness. How could you say such harsh words to me..."

Medea swallowed a laugh as she looked at Marieu, who pretended to be shocked and had tears in her eyes.

In her last life, Medea cherished her. She thought she was the only limb she could trust.

Until Marieu returns the favor with a vengeance.

"Here, Your Highness! Come over here!"

"Your Highness, don't blame me. I had no choice if I wanted to survive."

When the civil war broke out, Marieu pretended to let Medea escape and abandoned her to the rebels who invaded the capital.

A group of rebels taunted the Princess, saying she was abandoning her country and running away to save her life, and kidnapped her.

Around that time, Peleus returned and the rebellion was eventually suppressed, but Medea had long been hurt both internally and externally.

Her reputation and dignity were in ruins.

After a brief reminiscence, Medea looked at the abominable face.

"Now that I think about it, Marieu, you also attended the tea party that day."

It was a distant voice as if she was tracing a memory.

"Yes? Yes. That's right. Do you remember? Neril hurt you, so I brought you to the palace after you fainted."

Marieu nodded triumphantly.

"You go to the head maid now."

"Yes? Why did the head maid suddenly..." 

Marieu was confused by the confusing command.

"Do you have something to say? Then send another maid..."

"No, you go."

The Princess firmly blocked her objection.

"Go tell her you were at the tea party that day."

"Yes? What is that...."

"I also like fairness."

"Yes?"

Marieu asked back, but Medea turned her back and walked away.

"Why on earth are you doing that? Did she eat something wrong? She's probably waiting for me, it's so annoying!"

Marieu, who was completely irritated, grumbled and headed to the administrative palace where the head maid would be. 

Without even imagining what was waiting for her.

***

"Oh my God, what's going on?"

"Shut up! Before I rip your mouth off!"

Marieu, who went to visit the head maid at Medea's order, returned after midnight with swollen legs.

As soon as she saw her, the head maid snorted like a fire-breathing dragon.

"What happened? Neril came back safely! How did you do your job? Does the Duchess know?"

If Marieu had been a little more observant, she would have noticed the icy atmosphere and her wheezing breathing, but it was unfortunate.

"Your Highness told me that I was at the tea party that day and that she likes things to be fair. What does she mean?"

"The Princess said that?"

The head maid's patience burst.

Do you like things to be fair?

Aren't you saying you're going to wait and see if I punish Marieu in the same way?

Marieu was taken aback when the maid suddenly glared at her.

"Catch her!"

"W-what are you doing!"

Marieu was tightly grabbed by both arms by the henchmen without knowing why. Even if she struggled, she couldn't get out.

"You! If you had done your job properly, the Princess would have come to see you! I told you not to take your eyes off her!"

"Why are you doing this!"

"Be sure to tell me. I will definitely live up to your expectations."

The words spoken through gritted teeth were unusual.

In this way, Marieu became angry without knowing the reason. Only after all the canes on the wall were broken was she able to leave her punishment room.

"Oh my God, Marieu."

The maids were astonished when they saw Marieu's appearance.

There were reddish, creepy lines drawn on the white and beautiful calves that were her pride.

Her red-hot face was covered with dry tears and snot. Her hair was a mess, and her dress was torn in several places and even stained with blood.

Anyone could see that it looked like Marieu had been beaten hard.

"What on earth happened?"

That was what Marieu wanted to ask.

Why on earth!

She was just beaten with a cane without saying anything.

She didn't know, but she was certain that the reason the head maid was angry was because of the Princess. 

Resentment flowed like waves.

"Let go!"

Marieu got irritated and threw away the medicine the maid had brought.

"Move. I'm going to my room."

"Well, that..."

The maid hesitated.

"Why again!"

The maid closed her eyes tightly as if it would be easier to speak without looking.

"Marieu's room has changed. You have to go over there."

"What nonsense, this is my room!"

"Her Royal Highness told you to move rooms."

"What?"

Marieu's mouth opened in shock.

She was dumbfounded as if she had been hit hard in the back of the head with a club.

Is Medea crazy?

It can't be like this. How could it happen so suddenly, after Medea sent her to the head maid and whipped her.

"Because of whom I ended up like this!"

Hysterical shouts rang out.

Next day. Marieu, who had been dozing off in her new room from which she had been kicked out, suddenly opened her eyes and entered the Princess's bedroom.

"Your Highness! What on earth did I do wrong?"

"What's the fuss?"

Medea glanced at Marieu, who had attacked her without any courtesy, with indifferent eyes.

Even though it was early in the morning, the Princess was dressed in street clothes as if she had been somewhere.

No one noticed because of Marieu's razor-blue hair, but there was a light stain of grass on the edge of Medea's dress.

"Do you know what happened?"

Marieu immediately confessed her grievances from last night.

"The head maid whipped me! Do you see it here? This bad! As soon as they heard the message, they did everything they could to grab me and-!"

"..."

But it was strange.

The reaction of the Princess, who should have been running wild with tears in her eyes and asking who dared hurt Marieu, was so quiet.

"Your Highness, are you listening? Madame Cuisine hit me!"

The Princess turned her head. Marieu realized that she had been looking elsewhere.

"Oh my."

Monotonous tone of voice. She didn't seem too surprised.

"It must hurt. Please bring her some medicine."

Medea simply gave an order to the maid next to her and walked past Marieu.

Is that the end?

Marieu grabbed the Princess's sleeve without realizing it.

"Your Highness?"

Marieu had a meaningful thought.

'No way. You probably didn't send me there on purpose...?'

"Why?"

Marieu was speechless at this extremely natural response.

"Well, that..."

Is it over? Is that the end?

"Your Highness, they changed my room last night while I was away! If they are trying to harass me without Your Highness's permission, they should be scolded very harshly."

But Medea looked unimpressed.

She had no intention of letting Marieu continue her lavish lifestyle.

"I told you to move."

"Yes?"

"I heard they need a bigger place to treat Neril. Stay there for a while."

Marieu couldn't believe her ears.

"Well, you gave my room to Neril?"

Why that girl?

"Why, why? Without even saying anything to me..."

The Princess's green eyes became cold as the words stammered out.

"Do I need your permission to take care of one of my own?"

"Oh, no, I mean..."

"Let's see, let's see. There is no end to your wantonness."

Marieu flinched. And while she was confused.

"Marieu, it looks like you're sick and can't judge the situation, so get some rest. You don't have to work."

Medea indifferently slapped Marieu's hand away.

It seems as if this moment, this moment, is all that can be devoted to her.

'It can't be like this. You shouldn't treat me like this.'

Marieu's face turned red at the obvious disregard.

'To the subject who became a Princess through blood! How dare you ignore me!'

Marieu felt a deep resentment towards the Princess who did not care about her dignity at all.

"Wait."

Marieu followed after Medea's slender back. Silver hair cascaded behind the silk.

She barely resisted the urge to grab the delicate hair with her hands.

"Your Highness, wait a minute-!"

It was the moment when Marieu was violently trying to grab Medea's hand.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments