IELNDMH - Chapter 143 < Her Mother Will Protect Her >




Rebecca's screams continued to escape the delivery room.

Every time that happened, Cedric's pace in the hallway became busier.

The chair that the workers had prepared in front of the birthing room was left alone and unused.

“Rebecca, please...”

Cedric rubbed his face nervously.

To be honest, at this moment, Cedric was going crazy because he was more worried about his lover's safety than his little life.

Of course, his little child with Rebecca is precious, but if it means losing her...

It seemed like he no longer had the confidence to live in this world.

So, please, please be safe for his own sake.

It was a moment when he was nervously biting his lip as he looked at the door of the birthing room, where constant screams were coming out.

“Your Highness the Grand Duke.”

Cedric suddenly turned his head when he heard a familiar voice calling him.

“...Adrian, what brings you here?”

Cedric asked indifferently.

Adrian's appearance was unexpected, but due to the circumstances, he could not pay much attention to him.

Even while looking at Cedric like that, Adrian just smiled softly.

“I have come because I have something urgent to deliver to Your Highness the Grand Duke.”

“How do you know I’m here?”

“When I told him about the situation, Vincent told me. He said you would be here. However...”

Adrian's gaze turned to the still noisy door of the birthing room.

“It seems like I unintentionally interrupted the most precious moment for you two.”

Adrian, who said that, seemed much more comfortable than before.

His blue-violet eyes no longer had the same dark glow as before when he longed for Rebecca.

It suddenly became calm and clear, clearly revealing Adrian's upright mentality.

“So, what business did you come to see me for?”

In response to Cedric's question, Adrian slowly raised the tip of his lips.

Then, as if he had been waiting, he handed the envelope of documents he had prepared to Cedric.

“I finally found a way.”

“...”

“The rest of the work was easy thanks to the fact that Your Highness the Grand Duke had searched and collected a lot of information.”

“That means in this document...”

“Yes, it says how to disconnect.”

As Adrian said that, his face soon darkened little by little.

“If you read it, you will see that the process may be a little dangerous for Rebecca.”

"Why?"

“Now Rebecca, you must follow her to the ceremony location. If we want to use the rituals held there to sever the connection.”

“It’s a place to hold a ceremony...”

Cedric already knew where it was.

A few days ago, when he had visited Manakin alone to discuss his affairs with Rebecca, he had heard from him that he had precognitive powers.

'On the day Lobelia performed the ritual, she had planned to ambush the knights in advance and attack them, but Rebecca had to go to that dangerous place herself...'

Cedric's eyes sank in confusion.

Adrian, who was staring at him blankly, finally slowly opened his lips.

“Your Highness the Grand Duke. I have one favor to ask of you.”

Hearing that soft voice, Cedric raised his gaze and looked at him again.

Adrian's face took on a somewhat sad look.

“She was truly a pitiful person. On our first night together, because of my rudeness, His Highness misunderstood and she had to suffer for a long time because of it. So please...”

“...”

“Please don’t be too cruel to that person until the end.”

The blue-violet eyes were saddened.

“...Please, Your Highness.”

***

“Rebecca, are you out of your mind?”

The doctor's voice suddenly struck my ears.

Only then did my blurred vision begin to come back to its proper place little by little.

The first thing I see is the smiling face of the doctor. Before long, Cedric's anxious face hurriedly appeared in front of us.

“Rebecca, are you awake? Are you okay?”

Questions continued to pour out from Cedric.

When I saw that happy face, a weak smile softly slipped from my lips.

I lost my mind.

After that thought briefly passed, there was only one question that immediately came to mind.

"We... What about the baby?”

At my question, Cedric let out a short breath of relief and smiled brightly.

“Very healthy. He is a lovely child with no flaws whatsoever.”

"I miss you."

Hearing my words, Cedric walked straight towards the cradle placed next to the bed.

Meanwhile, the attending doctor and staff helped me sit down.

And then he carefully picked up the small body wrapped in a white cloth and came closer to me.

“It’s a boy.”

Cedric said as he handed the baby to me.

I quietly looked down at the baby in my arms.

Black hair, round forehead, cute nose and lips, and skinny, small cheeks that resemble Cedric.

Would this be what it would feel like if a miracle were alive and breathing in my arms?

A touching tear fell down my cheek as I gently kissed his small hand.

“It’s prettier than I imagined. Very very....”

Do you know how hard we worked to protect this small yet huge universe called you?

Do you really know that you are so precious to us?

When I finally came face to face with the baby's red eyes, my feelings became even more overwhelming.

Cedric carefully came and sat down next to me, who was still smiling even though he was shedding tears.

“They look like your eyes.”

“The hair color resembles yours.”

Cedric gently wrapped his arms around my shoulders and looked at the child with me.

“I can’t believe that such a small and beautiful thing is our child. It’s so good that it doesn’t even feel real.”

Cedric said that and lightly kissed my cheek.

“... Thank you, Rebecca. For giving me this moment.”

Blue eyes sparkled with pure happiness.

I responded to Cedric with a smile and gently leaned against his wide chest.

And I kissed the small forehead of the baby in my arms.

My heart swelled even more.

And the fact that I had a life to protect with my own hands became even more vivid to me.

‘Baby, mommy will protect you. I will protect you at all costs.'

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I swore countless times while looking at the baby.

Meanwhile, the hatred for Lobelia, the body that Rebecca had encroached upon, deepened even more.

'Hurry...We must get Lobelia away from our family.'

I will survive safely, so I will return safely to my family with my baby.

I, who had made countless promises while holding the child in Cedric's arms, raised my head and looked at Cedric.

“Cedric, is there a way to recover quickly?”

Cedric's brows gradually narrowed.

It seemed like he guessed where my question was coming from.

“Rebecca, you need to rest now. Even if you force yourself to recover, your body won't be able to survive for a long time. It will eventually take a toll on your body.”

“...I know, I know.”

I bit my lower lip nervously.

And then slowly looked down at the baby.

“Now there is something I want to protect more than myself. My baby.”

“Rebecca...”

“In order to protect this child, we must remove Lobelia from our family as soon as possible.”

I looked at the baby with anxious eyes and kissed his little clenched hand.

Cedric looked at me with a confused expression and was silent for a while.

I looked up at him with sorrowful eyes and spoke once again.

“Please, Cedric.”

“...”

“Please help me and my baby. Is there really no way to recover as quickly as possible?”

Then Cedric let out a long sigh as if he didn't like me like that.

After a moment of silence, his lips slowly parted.

“Of course, there is a way, but...”

***

Meanwhile, Lobelia's inner self was becoming more and more devastated.

Her main spirit now dominating that body was the wicked Rebecca, and the spirit of Lobelia, the original owner, retreated into the background.

However, the pure soul of 'Lobelia' often cried and suffered from the evil deeds committed by her body.

The nerves of her wicked soul became sharper day by day.

However, the reason the soul was so devastated was not just because of Lobelia's soul.

Lillian's heart.

The voice of the evil goddess continued to seduce and corrupt Rebecca's soul.

The soul of Lobelia cries out for her body to be returned, and the voice of the goddess Lillian continues to stimulate the desire within her.

Multiple voices rang loudly within a single body.

Rebecca's spirit gradually withered away as she was tormented by that voice every day, all day long.

“It’s really the limit now... I can't believe it, it's so hard to hold on to reason...”

Lobelia cried, tearing her hair out with both hands.

Her headaches were getting worse day by day, and she didn't know what to do with her pain.

“I need to get my body back quickly. I need to go to a quiet place...”

Her pain was so severe that she even bent down deeply on her back, holding her head.

The old woman sat in front of the table, covered with a purple velvet cloth, and just watched her as she did so.

'You're starting to do crazy things again. It's because you're that weak.'

Tsk. The old woman clicked her tongue slightly, trying hard to capture her expression.

The only thing that mattered to the old woman was winning Lillian's heart, and Lobelia's well-being was not her concern.

But she had to please her because she needed her until she got her hands on that great thing.

So, she had been putting in all her effort and energy to maintain her calmness, but now it seemed like those efforts had reached their limits.

'I've been doing that for as long as I've had to relive your life again and again...'

She was fed up with her.

'I just hope that body appears as soon as possible, Lady. Only then will these boring moments finally come to an end.'

Moreover, didn't the number of people doing such crazy things suddenly increase to two?

‘Tsk. Duke Bold, that person has gone crazy to the point where it's a hassle to manage him.'

Duke Bold cried every day, looking for Rebecca.

When she first saw that pitiful sight, all she could do was laugh, but now that he was doing all sorts of things, saying he was going to find his daughter, Rebecca, it wasn't that difficult to manage.

'What kind of effort did I put in to get here, and did that crazy old man try to throw it all away? If you do that again next time, you will be tortured by fire.'

The old woman gritted her teeth with a fierce look on her face.

Then, as she looked up at Lobelia, who was still in pain, a faint sneer flowed from her lips.

The old woman soon touched the large crystal ball on the table.

Soon, a mist slowly rose from within along her wrinkled hands.

The old woman concentrated on looking inside for a while.

The frown of the old woman, who had been silent with her eyes focused on one place, narrowed little by little.

She slowly tilted her head and then quickly focused her eyes on the beads again.

For a moment, the old woman's wrinkled eyes slowly opened wide.

"...Lady!"


Previous            Next

Comments