IHMEB - Chapter 39 < Married Couple >

IHMEB - Chapter 39 < Married Couple >

Having An Enemy's Baby





“Is it another gift?”

“...”

When you give a gift, the reaction is usually either joy or gratitude.

Or both.

Claudel sighed, but unfortunately, it seemed like neither of them was at all.

Kaian paused for a moment, but couldn't give up his wish to see her in this dress.

“It’s a new dress. Why don’t you try it on?”

The dress that Madame Marcel brought was very elegant and sophisticated.

These days, Kaian has been putting a lot of effort into giving Claudel the best, most special, and unique things.

Originally, he was someone who had no desire and felt no meaning in owning what everyone else had.

He tended to keep only the very rare or perfect things that anyone could see as his own.

The man was very satisfied with the marriage that was forced upon him by royal order.

Claudel was a very beautiful woman, except that she had the color of Vermont on her body.

She has a good heart and is honest, and she is well versed in appropriate culture and common sense.

Kaian could not have imagined that the bride whom he had so absurdly forced into him would study step by step the Duchess' household chores on her own, even though she was not asked to do so, as she was a book-loving and clever person.

The only women that Kaian grew up watching closely were 'Princesses'.

She has neither Queen Silvia, nor his mother, Madame Elise, nor his half-cousin, Bianque.

After marriage, only their title changed, but the default was Princess.

As a result, the Queen, who grew up learning monarchism in the royal family, left a deep impression on Kaian, and his mother was no less skilled than him.

In fact, his father was older than his mother to marry the Duke of Temnes, the two pillars that supported the kingdom. The previous Duke and Duchess had an age difference of as much as eleven years.

It was only when Kaian was older that he could understand that Madame Elise might have thought that her marriage would benefit her older sister, the Queen, politically.

As a result, his mother was also a very influential person as the hostess of the Temnes family and the lord of Rowen.

Of the three Princesses he knew, the only one who was less bold was Bianque.

Bianque lived the life of a normal aristocratic daughter rather than politics, but that was because, unlike her mother, who became Crown Princess and had to inherit the throne as a woman, she had a reliable successor named Valquiterre.

However, in reality, Bianque was also a member of the Oberon royal family, so it was thought that it was impossible to know what was inside.

For generations, the royal bloodline was greedy and had a strong sense of having the best things.

Kaian is also half royal, so he realizes that he is the same way.

Since they all had Princess mothers, Valquiterre, Kaian, and Bianque are all half royal blood.

Anyway, the women that Kaian grew up watching were like that, so when he got older and debuted in the social world, he was very upset when he saw girls with pretty, flowery hair.

He doesn't know what to do with women who he can't seem to communicate with, who can't even speak to him and just stare blankly at him.

However, he was really surprised when he found out by chance that Claudel, who was in his hands, could even read the ancient script of the Sol Continent, which had become a dead language.

And she was very attractive both during the day and at night.

After a forced marriage, he found a woman who would never exist in the world, and Kaian couldn't help but admit it.

This is the insight of the young King whom the entire kingdom of Oberon admires.

At one time, he thought that if this bastard Valquiterre had known that marriage would cause so much trouble, he would not have made Kaian marry like this.

Kaian even wondered if he was trying to set him up with a partner like this when he came and told him to make peace with Vermont, who was going to kill him, and forcibly told him to marry Claudel for reasons that didn't even seem to have been mentioned.

If, before marriage, Valquiterre had asked him whether he would like to marry her because there was a woman with such conditions in Vermont, who had been an enemy of the family for generations, and that Kaian was a perfect bride for her, he would never have taken Claud as his wife.

He was planning on hitting Vermont within the year.

Anyway, Kaian was obsessed with making his perfect wife the most precious woman in the world.

However, the woman who said from the beginning that the things he gave her were too much and that she did not need them, these days, no matter what Kaian gave her, she had no soul in her reactions.

So, when he saw this dress today, he felt it.

If this is the case, he thinks Claudel will definitely like it and her eyes will shine, saying it's pretty.

“Try it on. Hurry."

When Claudel clasped her hands in front of her chest and showed no sign of lifting the hem of the new dress once, Kaian urged her on.

"No, I do not want."

"What?"

“I don’t want to wear it.”

Kaian was embarrassed.

"Why?"

When he asked that, Claudel hesitated, took three steps backward, and avoided his gaze.

“You always say the same thing.”

“I just said the same thing?”

"Yes."

“What are you saying?”

It's true that after being praised all his life, he told her that she couldn't do something like that and that it suited her well, but he never said the same thing.

“Try it. Try it on.”

“Why is that?”

“That’s all.”

As Kaian's eyebrows twitched, Claudel took two more steps away from him.

"At night."

She was mortified.

If Claudel doesn't seem to like him very much, he's just satisfying his selfishness by giving her trouble or making fun of her.

“How many times have I said that?”

“All but one.”

... It was like that.

He even remembered what was missing once.

He brought Claudel a famous horse for her to ride on.

The woman's golden insides sparkled under the sunlight as if he was very pleased to see her black body with a clear white star on her forehead.

He thought while watching it.

'I can't just ask you to try that because I can't wear that.'

That was the one missing.

"That...Huh. But you received a gift and didn’t even try it on?”

“I don’t want to receive gifts anymore. No, I'd like you to stop. If this continues, there will be strange rumors in the territory.”

“What rumor?”

“The wicked woman of Vermont has married and is squandering Temnes’ family wealth through her extravagance.”

It was nonsense.

Claudel should have the things she needs to maintain her dignity, and it would take more than a thousand years to squander his family's fortune on these things.

"Haha."

However, the woman who said that was so cute that Kaian smiled without even realizing it.

"Ha... Are you worried about my pocketbook now?”

If that's the cute reason why she decided not to accept his gift today.

Kaian was in a good mood and immediately grabbed the woman who had taken a whopping five steps backwards to avoid him and hugged her.

“Thank you, I’m honored. I will become a frugal Lord.”

“Ugh. Let go of this.”

“Let’s put that on quickly, huh?"

He personally pulled the straps of Claudel's dress.

In the end, she changed her clothes into a new dress, and seeing it fit in well as he expected, he was satisfied with the skills of the newly hired seamstress.

***

After arguing with Kaian and eventually forcing me to change the dress, I became tired.

"Ha."

I sighed and Hannah tilted her head.

“Why are you doing this, Lady?"

"Nothing."

I thought I couldn't even tell Hannah because it was something no one would know or sympathize with.

“Are you uncomfortable in your new dress? It’s so pretty.”

The new dress that Kaian brought this time was a unique style that I had never seen before.

The shape of the dress was Southern, and it was a style that beautifully highlighted my body.

In addition, the details were so delicate that it felt like a truly custom dress, and the idea of ​​dyeing the material directly and matching it to the dress design led to a sophisticated finished product.

"No. The dress is comfortable. Very."

It was even more perfect because it was comfortable and didn't bother me when I wore it.

“But why are you doing this? If it were me, I would take a walk around the castle.”

Although she had been her friend since childhood, Hannah had a strict distinction between public and private affairs.

Although she still shared her friendship and feelings as if she were my friend, she never envied or coveted my belongings or lifestyle, as she was of a different status.

Even Hannah couldn't take her eyes off my new dress today and couldn't help but admire it.

I actually felt depressed after receiving the gift.

As time passed, my once-empty dressing room was filled with all kinds of dresses and jewelry.

And that too in a very short period of time.

But Kaian would not allow me to do anything else.

“I don’t need this.”

What I really wanted, unfortunately, was him.

Kaian.

I want that person.

Kaian was a very busy person as he governed a large territory.

This person granted my request and came to my side at night when I could not sleep alone.

I wished Kaian had told me what I wanted to hear instead of jewelry or dresses like this.

However, he was not the type to say good things or compliments straight away.

There was no emotion in what he said to me.

'It's like I've become a trophy or something.'

All of the items that Kaian had were precious and of exceptional quality.

Although I wasn't as good as the Duke and Duchess of Vermont and Irena, I didn't grow up lacking anything as a Young Lady when I lived at Castle Valmonde.

Irena found it surprising that I had no interest in jewelry or dresses.

When I was young, I lived like a commoner and felt sorry for myself, wondering what I didn't know.

I also lamented that the sisters did not have the pleasure of decorating each other.

Even in my eyes, I could see at a glance that Kaian was a man who knew quite a bit of style and had high standards for himself.

The more Kaian filled my personal belongings with jewels and dresses like this, the more distant I felt from him.

We are a married couple.

My man was making his pay.

Instead of taking my body.

“...How much can I cover?”

When I thought like that, I felt at a loss.

When I was being educated as a castle Lady, the governess who taught me etiquette told me that any Lady should be like a flower.

I hated that expression even back then.

Aren't flowers something that cannot take root again if they are broken?

Anyone who picks a flower can leave to pick another flower.

I wondered if it would be right to educate noble ladies to become 'flowers' just to compare them to beautiful youth, bordering on brainwashing.

If I were to be born again, if I had the chance, I wanted to become a very strong person.

So that I can defeat Kaian, whom I like.

“I want to pick flowers myself.”


Previous            Next 


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments