TVTLQ - Chapter 149

TVTLQ - Chapter 149

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly


Calix thought that if he could be with Rosenia, every day would be just happy.

These days, he feels anxious, as if he's walking on thin ice that looks like it might break at any moment.

When he wiped out Dominic Willock's existence and disappeared, Calix never thought that his past actions would threaten himself.

Of course, it became difficult because Rosenia, who could not forget Dominic, did not open her heart to him.

But that's it.

He didn't think there would ever be a situation where Dominic's true identity would be revealed or where she would find out his secret.

But now...

"..."

He clenched his fists.

Rosenia has changed since the day when Rexed came to Alter Trading Company and caused a disturbance.

He was observing him. As if comparing him to someone else. And Calix realized that he was comparing himself to Dominic.

Rosenia was naturally quick-witted. She never missed the fatal words uttered by Rexed and harbored suspicions that were close to the truth.

Calix pretended to be as calm as possible.

He was careful about his actions so that she wouldn't think of him as Dominic. But even that was gradually reaching its limit.

'If Miss Rosenia finds out the whole truth...'

Just making the assumption took his breath away.

It felt like his whole body was drying out like a fish thrown onto the surface of the water.

He was also angry at Rexed for leaving after throwing the seeds of discord for no reason.

But Calix also knew the truth.

All these worries were things he wouldn't have had to worry about in the first place if he hadn't built his relationship with lies.

"I realized the moment the Duke entered the store. This would be another gift from God to me, who lost my muse to a tragic fate. The moment I saw the Duke, I was inspired."

Blanc, holding a tape measure, talked non-stop next to Calix.

However, the other person's praise barely reached Calix's ears.

He was so nervous and anxious.

What if Rexed reveals the whole truth to Rosenia and she becomes disappointed and leaves him?

So, if the person standing next to her turns out to be Rexed instead of himself...

Rosenia once liked Rexed so much that she followed him around persistently.

So, wouldn't it be possible for her to fall in love again while being grateful to Rexed for telling her the whole truth?

Even Rexed is now interested in Rosenia.

When two people agree with each other, there is no room for you to intervene.

All that remains is his exit as a villain who interfered with the love between two people.

"Duke?"

As Calix's expression visibly hardened, Blanc, who had been talking excitedly, belatedly came to his senses. He asked cautiously.

"Is there anything that makes you feel uncomfortable?"

“Miss Rosenia.”

As his voice cracked, Calix swallowed dryly for a moment.

"It would be a good idea to bring Miss Rosenia here. I need to ask her to see what the clothes are like. She has better insight than me."

He wanted to keep her where his eyes could reach.

He felt that this anxiety would go away at least a little.

"All right. You're almost completely worn, so I'll bring her to you."

Blanc, who did not notice anything unusual, motioned to the employee as if to bring Rosenia.

The employee bowed his head and went out of the locker room, but came back a moment later.

However, there was no Rosenia to bring, and the employee was alone.

Blanc asked curiously.

"What about the President?"

"Well, she's not outside?"

"What?"

Calix was the first to react to the employee's words.

He went out half-dressed.

It was just as the employee said. There is no Rosenia.

He looked around the store, but he couldn't find her anywhere.

Calix's heart pounded ominously.

At that time, a knight with a serious expression approached him.

Calix spoke in a voice as cold as ice.

"Where has Miss Rosenia gone?"

"I'm sorry, Duke."

The nervous knight bowed his waist

"A little while ago, a woman visited the store, and a Lady took her into the storeroom inside the store. But she didn't come out even after time passed...."

"Because she didn't come out?"

"I checked inside to see if something had happened, and Lady... She is gone. It appears that she left the store through the side door of the warehouse. We are now releasing someone and searching for their whereabouts."

"If anything happens to her, your shift ends today."

Calix scolded furiously.

His vision is dizzy and it is difficult to breathe.

An anxiety that he could not shake off was eating away at him.

***

My body hurts as if someone was pricking me with a needle. Although I was born healthy and had never suffered from illness before, I still suffered from body aches. One of those times was when my younger brother left me with a private loan and disappeared.

At that time, I was so shocked that I couldn't do anything. Still, we are a family, so do I really think he ran away with debt in my name? It must have all been a misunderstanding.

He will contact me soon and say he is sorry.

I think I had that hope.

In the end, I was holding out hope for nothing.

"You idiot! Why isn't this happening yet? Are you really planning to make me into an asshole?"

A hum rang out.

The irritated, booming voice belonged to someone I was familiar with.

"How much medicine did you take that you're still unconscious?"

"Our parents told me to spend generously, so I wrote everything."

"What? Are you crazy? You can't lose your mind like this. I don't even know the password to the top safe. I also need to find out where the seal is hidden."

Yes. It was here too.

A person like my younger brother from my previous life.

My mind, which had been foggy, became clear little by little.

I calmly recalled my memories without panicking.

Through the pounding headache, I remembered something.

'Someone knocked me unconscious.'

There was no way I could resist.

The moment I took a breath with my mouth blocked by a wet cloth, I lost consciousness.

Judging from the conversation I had just heard, It seemed like the other person had used drugs to knock me out.

I think that was quite excessive.

"Nathaniel...."

Is he really crazy?

I'm not a person to make a fuss, so I felt like I had passed out for a really long time.

Maybe it's been a few hours or even a few days.

In fact, my body was quite stiff.

'First of all...'

I briefly folded my little finger.

I was able to move my body as I wanted, but my movements were unnatural.

Is this a side effect of the medicine?

My mind felt hot.

"How dare you do something like this after hiding quietly?"

Was it my mistake not to think Nathaniel would do something like this?

Would it have been right to deal with the person who was not going to be of any help to my life a long time ago?

Maybe I had a lingering feeling that this ugly guy was also family.

Since I failed to raise my younger brother properly in my previous life, I thought that I would not see a bad ending in this life.

"Oh. I think it happened."

I flinched and my body trembled.

I exhaled as naturally as possible and pretended that I was still unconscious.

But Nathaniel seemed to notice my slight tremors.

I heard a voice I didn't want to hear above my head.

"Hey, wake up."

"..."

"I know you're awake. You're going to get hit and get up."

I had no choice but to open my eyes.

There was a face in front of me that looked even more ugly than before.

I opened my mouth as if I had no idea.

"Brother...? Where am I now..."

"Ha, I feel a little refreshed now."

Nathaniel raised the corners of his mouth in satisfaction.


Previous            Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments