IHMEB - Chapter 23 < Is This the Hell? >

IHMEB - Chapter 23 < Is This the Hell? >

Having An Enemy's Baby


“There would be no way to hunt now.”

When the butler shook his head as if it was nonsense, Kaian got angry.

“Are you saying the impossible in front of me?”

He was like a living God in the Rowen domain.

"Find it."

“My Lord.”

“Find it at any cost.”

The doctor fidgeted as if he was troubled.

“Even if you use medicine, there is an appropriate time for treatment.”

“Are you trying to say that it’s already too late to get better? I mean, Yiu only care for your patients with that kind of heart. My people within my castle.”

“Oh, no! No. Never."

In fact, Claudel was scared or discouraged by Kaian's tone, but he didn't say anything harsher to her.

The tough Young Lord was belligerent and perverse in everything.

There were some older women who felt sorry for him, saying that he deserved it since he lost his parents unexpectedly, became the head of the family, and headed to the battlefield, while others even admired Kaian's personality, saying, 'He is truly our Lord.'

In any case, the doctor was afraid that if he could not get the medicine and cure Claudel, he would be kicked out of the Lord's castle.

“The disease is so severe that time is running out, so if you ask me to find ingredients that cannot be found...”

“You’ve been talking in front of me for ten minutes without even trying.”

“You really are doing too much! Isn’t it true that even the Lord who was closest to her didn’t know about his wife’s illness until she completely recovered?”

He was so mortified that he couldn't bear it, so the doctor looked at Kaian with one eye and cried out.

“She is so weak that she has no flesh on her body. How can you not know this?”

Kaian pursed his lips.

Her body, weakened by death, was sometimes pushed until there was nothing more to squeeze out.

What was unfair to him was that he had never seen other women naked, so he had no idea that Claudel's physical condition was bad or strange.

From the first time he saw her, all he thought was, 'You're skinny, you're thin.'

Kaian, whose mood was even lower due to the doctor's intellectualism, glared at him.

“I guess I’ll have to find a new resident doctor for the Lord’s castle.”

"OMG!"

In the end, under Kaian's thorny urging, the tattered doctor helplessly disappeared out of the office.

“What are you going to do?”

“It might be in the royal castle.”

The capital of Oberon's kingdom could be reached from Rowen by horse and carriage for about seven days.

“The doctor said she would vomit blood and die in a month.”

Claudel never revealed how long she had been sick.

However, since she had been hiding it and was discovered, it seemed that her illness would not last long.

It takes two weeks to visit the royal castle.

Maybe if it were Kaian, he could shorten it to about 10 days.

It was when he was lost in those thoughts.

“Kyaaaah!”

A woman's screams rang out in the quiet castle, suddenly creating a commotion.

“What's going on? It’s noisy.”

While he was frowning, a servant came and quickly whispered something to the butler.

“My Lord. They say your wife has collapsed.”

Before he could finish speaking, Kaian headed toward Claudel’s bedroom like the wind.

"Miss, Miss."

The floor where she tried to give medicine was littered with spilled liquid and dust flies.

Hannah, who was hugging Claudel, who was lying helplessly on the floor, and patting her cheek, kneeled over her as if she didn't care about the broken pieces of dishes and hung on to the hem of Kaian's pants.

"Help me, My Lord. Please save My Lady. Don't let her die like this. Even if I die, even my soul will become a servant of Temnes, please."

The blood that flowed from the corner of Claudel's mouth was different from the blood she had coughed up until now.

It was not a dark red lump of blood that had been gnawed away by a sick horse.

It looked like the warm, vivid eruption that erupted when a sword had just been inserted into someone's heart.

It was not the blood that had accumulated and gathered inside, but the liquid containing her life, which was red in color and flowed down the side of her mouth every time she coughed lightly from her unconscious little body.

“Claudel.”

Kaian called out to her calmly.

“Open your eyes.”

She didn't move at all.

“Claudel!”

Even if Kaian shouts the name louder.
 The woman who was scratching Kaian's mind saying, 'It's okay if we move rooms' said nothing.

The doctor who had stormed out of his office and was called back hurriedly checked Claudel's pulse.

"Alright. This..."

Kaian glared at him at the ominous droning sound.

"One week. A week at most. What should I do about this?”

Kaian carefully held Claudel and stood up. Even though she was unconscious, she coughed out the weak breath she had taken and Kaian slowly laid her down on the bed, fearing that her body would shake.

“I will go.”

"... Yes?"

"Yes?"

The doctor and the butler asked questions at the same time.

"Buffalo. I’m going to catch it.”

The butler jumped at Kaian’s words.

“Absolutely not, My Lord.”

“There’s nothing that can’t be done. If I don’t catch it, no one in all of Oberon will catch it.”

His words could not be refuted, but the butler, who could not bear to see the precious head of the Temnes family rushing into a herd of wild buffalo, tried to dissuade him.

“You still have no heir.”

“It’s natural that there isn’t one. Isn’t it even weirder that my wife like that and has an heir?”

Kaian's eyes were bloodshot and red as he looked at Claudel persistently.

“I’m going right away.”

Along the way, Kaian hurriedly called the knights.

The elites who had been summoned did not understand what the Lord was doing.

“Were you called here to get some medicine for the Vermont girl?”

"No way. Probably not. It’s just a rumor that got out wrong.”

“Our Lord enjoys hunting so much.”

“Are you crazy? Why hunt wild buffalo? Ugh. I think I got it wrong.”

Whether they were talking about it or not, Kaian put the heavy armor on again three years after returning from the battlefield.

It was late at night, so the gatekeepers who had closed the castle gate were busy lighting the fire and lowering the drawbridge at the Lord's command.

“Well, I’m going too.”

Hannah hesitantly approached him with a mischievous crying face.

She was wearing trousers that she or a male servant would have worn, and her belongings were tied loosely on her back with only a wrapping cloth.

“The medicine. I will find it. Ugh.”

When Hannah appeared, the knights who were lifting a shield as big as her body onto their horses looked at Kaian with bewildered eyes.

It was then that Kaian did something unexpected.

Tuk. Tuk.

He gently patted Hannah's shoulder with his hand, which was wearing a heavy iron-like gauntlet.

Hannah raised her head in surprise.

“Stay with Your Lady. Instead of me."

Then Hannah, who dared to look into Kaian's face, bowed her head and hurriedly retreated to the castle.

As soon as the drawbridge fell with a bang, Kaian led his men out the castle gate.

***

The place where the wild buffalo lived was quite close to where Rowen Castle was located.

Should he call it luck?

There was a wide grassland area about a day's ride away, but the herds of water buffalo were black and strong, spread out across the grassland with no cover, so there was nothing to do but look for them.

Kaian observed the herd of buffalo with cold eyes.

If someone had caught that thing in the past in search of medicine, then of course Kaian could have done it.

There was nothing he couldn't do if he put his mind to it.

Even if it means saving a woman whose life is about to be cut off.

“My Lord. They have dug all the traps.”

The knight who appeared covered in yellow dust spoke pantingly.

“Arrange the battle lines.”

The elite knights who had been moving together on the battlefield for five years with Kaian stood in their proper positions in perfect order.

“Shoot.”

An archer so large that he looked like a giant standing next to Kaian hung a spear as thick as an adult's wrist on a huge bow and pulled the string toward the sky.

The flying spear landed in the middle of a herd of buffalo with a loud thud. It seemed like he was lucky enough to hit a buffalo at once.

When the buffalo that had been pierced by the spear started running wild, the surprised buffaloes started running in one direction. The ground behind the footsteps of those running trembled and yellow dust rose.

"Let's go!"

Kaian drove his horse toward the swirling clouds of dust in the grassland.

***

'Is this heaven?'

This was the first thought that came to my mind.

I once read it in a book.

One geek counted out of curiosity and said that a person breathes more than 20,000 times a day.

When I inhaled and exhaled, my chest felt like it was being scratched with a knife, so I was in pain at least 40,000 times every day.

It hurt so much that I really wanted to stop.

Although not very long, my life was successful.

Because I became a Duchess, a noble person, even though I couldn't see My Castle properly because I was sick, there was also a tomb site under a very nice castle.

The reason I couldn't see the castle was because I was worried that if I wandered around, I might get into a fight.

I was also able to send food to the starving children of the Valmonde estate.

Kaian offered to buy me, and he promised ten of the carriages at a time, so he had to send three hundred of the carriages to Valmonde.

After I had passed away the first night, the thirty cars driven by the Duke of Vermont were enough to feed the entire territory for one month, so three hundred would have been enough to provide alms to the people of the territory for a whopping ten months.

At this level, I thought it was a pretty good life.

I didn't want Hannah to cry.

It slowly occurred to me that the Duke of Vermont should have told me properly that he would not have to take me to Valmonde, as he wished.

The hostess's seat in the catacombs had a tombstone made of light pink rose quartz, which was quite pretty. It wasn't bad here either. In the end, I couldn't even see Blue Diamond.

"...It would be nice if he kept his promise. To the children...”

Then I felt like I could close my eyes with utmost ease.

“This is ridiculous."

I opened my eyes at the cold sound of scolding.

“Just because you said that you do it as soon as you wake up, does that make me suspicious that you might eat that little bit of food?”

My eyelids fluttered.

I thought it was heaven, but is this hell?

Above me, beyond her image of heaven, Kaian, dressed in pitch-black clothes, was glaring at me, his face frowning in displeasure.

Hiccup.

I was so shocked that I started hiccupping.

“It doesn’t hurt.”

It's clear that I'm dead since I'm not sick, but why...

“I’m glad it doesn’t hurt."

As he got up from the chair, the door to my room opened and I saw Hannah coming in, her face beaming.

"Miss! You’re awake!”

"Uh. Uh..."

I was in a daze. I couldn't think straight.

“How are you feeling?”

“It’s okay... It’s okay.”

I lived?

Kayan's cold voice came from the top of my head.

“You look sad that you couldn’t die.”


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments