IHMEB - Chapter 21 < Like A F*cking Tyrant >

IHMEB - Chapter 21 < Like A F*cking Tyrant >

Having An Enemy's Baby




“Even if I die, please do not stop providing food to Valmonde’s estate.”

I uttered the words that had tormented me all night more than the illness that had tormented me for months.

“Please. The children are starving.”

I hoped he would not go to war on Valmonde's territory.

However, I couldn't hastily say that to a man who was angry because he was tricked into marrying me, so I did the best I could.

“A very great Saint was born.”

His words returned upon me were sharply sarcastic.

I raised my head and saw the man laughing at me.

“That’s great. You came here to sell your body to a man from an enemy family because of starving children.”

“....”

He said it in a truly amazing and interesting tone. Still with a cold and angry expression.

Still, once the words were spoken, I couldn't back down. Somehow I had to get affirmation from him.

Once he does that, a man who values ​​honor will not break his promise.

“I feel so sorry for the children. They starved at an age when they should have grown up...”

"Good. Sure.”

I looked up at him blankly at the unexpectedly simple affirmation.

“Really?”

"Yes."

However, I froze at the words I heard next.

“I don’t like it that much. It means I will buy you according to your wishes.”

"What...What?”

Kaian reached out and lifted my chin to look me in the eye.

“That’s ten wagons at a time we sleep together.”

“...”

"Why? Do you think it’s too little?”

I trembled. I lowered my head.

It felt like my soul was being torn apart by the unbearable humiliation.

However, when Kaian, who was holding my chin, let go of his hand and tried to move away, I grabbed him with both hands.

“Do it now.”

I closed my eyes.

Soon the familiar heat crawled up my body.

***

Kaian carefully dressed Claudel, who was sleeping as if she were dead.

In the meantime, he didn't like the expression 'as if dead', so he felt a surge of warm emotions inside him.

'I didn't mean to do this.'

He didn't mean to tear the sick woman to pieces.

He tried to see her for just a moment because he was so confused and he thought he was going crazy.

What was different about Claudel falling?

Until now, those who lost their lives to his sword on the battlefield were not only armed enemy soldiers.

Sometimes the way to outmaneuver an enemy was to destroy something they valued and were trying to protect.

Even the weak and young were slaughtered mercilessly in the name of tactics.

To bring the glory of victory to the Kingdom!

The blood flowing beneath the waving flag had to be the blood of their soldiers.

It was the Kings of both countries who declared war, and lives were lost in the harsh border villages.

However, their blood and the blood shed by Claudel seemed different.

On the battlefield, everyone had their humanity castrated and moved with the single thought of protecting the Kingdom from invasion.

It's like a worker ant being controlled by a single Queen ant.

So there was no remorse or guilt.

When his men, who had taken the lives of enemy soldiers countless times, returned to their territory after the war, they smiled and rejoiced at the fact that his wife, who was full, had given birth to a blood clot in the meantime.

It was natural to him.

However, Kaian was confused as to why it was such a shock to see the blood he had become so accustomed to.

He just wanted to see Claudel.

He tried to see with his own eyes whether the woman who looked so sick yesterday was feeling better today.

Her teeth, which felt like they were getting smaller every time he saw them, were even smaller today than yesterday.

Was it that the disease was eating her up like that every day?

The words he heard when she was feeling down were unexpected.

'Even if I die, please do not cut off food supplies to Valmonde's estate.'

He was caught up in the confusion of emotions, and his patience, which had been thinning, was blown away.

Even during this time, is he only thinking about other people?

Him?

Shouldn't she say she's sorry to him first?

Kaian pent-up anger became verbal abuse and poured out on her.

Claudel. You make me mad like a fucking tyrant.'

Kaian said he believed he was being manipulated by her.

'Do it now.'

Unable to resist a single word and not be able to shake off the faint, faint woman, he held her in his arms and howled like an animal.

“You shouldn’t die.”

Kaian saw Claudel wrapped in peace.

“Because I won’t allow it.”

As soon as he got out of bed, a little dew formed around Claudel's eyes.

Kaian, who had his back turned, didn't see it.

***

The Shen River, which spreads widely around the royal castle, is a truly spectacular sight today.

As dozens of ships with colorful sails docked at the capital's port, the large river was decorated with colors.

There was a festive atmosphere near the port.

Every alley of the market was filled with people flocking to see and taste various traditional goods from foreign countries.

The exciting atmosphere was no different even inside the palace.

All kinds of precious and high-quality medicines and foods, as well as silk dyed with rare dyes, were piled up like a mountain in the wide hall.

This is the third year. It was King Oberon Valquiterre who proposed the Exhibition, which started as a sign of peace after the war.

"Haha. Everyone is going crazy this year again.”

“That’s right.”

The year before and after the year before, envoys from foreign countries who had brought plentiful goods shared drinks with each other with greatly satisfied faces.

“The King has great insight.”

Valquiterre, who was raising a glass with the flattering words, grinned.

“It’s thanks to you guys who worked hard to bring in quality items.”

“That’s too much praise.”

While warm words of well-being were being exchanged, one of the royal servants approached Valquiterre and whispered something softly. Then the young and beautiful King's face became a little more serious.

“What is happening?”

When the Minister of Foreign Affairs asked, unable to contain his curiosity, he waved his hand.

"Alright. There's something I need to check for myself for a moment. I'll be back for a while. Please do not neglect the hospitality of the envoys and take good care of them.”

"Yes, Your Majesty the King.”

Valquiterre left the banquet hall, leaving behind his subjects who bowed their heads with a serious expression.

“The news has finally arrived. I can’t stand calls from Rowan.”

Roughly speaking, Valquiterre was more curious about what Kaian was doing, to the point where he postponed entertaining foreign envoys.

The stern and serious expression from a moment ago disappeared and he smiled brightly to himself like a mischievous person.

When he headed to his office, he saw a black envelope sitting on his desk.

It was sent by someone who periodically delivers news from Rowan territory.

Valquiterre, who was leaning crookedly in his chair, cut the thick paper with a sharp sound with an envelope knife and took out what was inside.

Valquiterre, who confirmed the news with an excited expression, burst out laughing.

"Haha. It's truly disgusting. The Duke’s daughter became crippled in an accident.”

He was hoping that Kaian would have a terrible, ruined marriage.

On top of that, there is such good news.

Kaian may appear to be a militant and cool-headed activist on the outside, but in reality, he was very systematic and principled.

Nevertheless, the reason why his inflexibility does not stand out is that he is a talented person and does not fail.

Unfortunately, he seemed to have been blessed with the God of victory and success.

Valquiterre, whose eyes were sore, wanted to cause pain to Kaian in any way possible, but since the bride went limp due to an unwanted marriage, it was obvious how much pain Kaian, a perfectionist, was sinking into.

“Aren’t you going to kill that woman with your own hands soon?”

It was a reasonable suspicion.

Kaian was so superior and perfect that he had a terrible personality that forced his standards on those around him. He hated it when people with flaws were around. He felt comfortable having the whole, perfect, and best thing by his side.

However, Valquiterre, who as Crown Prince was entitled to the best things in the Kingdom, felt that if Kaian obtained something outstandingly good, what should have been his went to him.

Moreover, Kaian was so possessive that he never gave in even if he asked him to borrow it or hand it over to him.

He thought his mothers were wrong about that.

Even if Kaian was a maternal cousin, he should have made the relationship between the military and the minister clear.

Although he was raised like a real brother of the same age, Kaian was different from the loyalty of devoting everything to his master even while listening to Valquiterre's orders.

“I don’t know what the Duke of Vermont is up to.”

It was he who leaked the word to the Duke of Vermont that Kaian was preparing for a territory war.

Even if they were cousins, wouldn't it be useful only if the pillar supporting the Kingdom had collapsed? 

At this point, the King would order the marriage, so when the Duke of Vermont was told to reconcile, he said, 'I forgive you,' and took Temnes' life in his eyes right now", a spark flew out.

Vermont, which has suffered a long drought, does not have the strength to attack Temnes.

If the wealth accumulated over a long period of time in the northern mines is used to buy mercenaries, the money will also flow to Valquiterre through the mercenary guild.

Then, when Vermont failed to attack Temnes and was annihilated, the long-awaited trading port in northern Valmonde was able to be acquired as a Kingdom.

If Temnes were to lose, Kaian's life would be cut off by the Duke of Vermont, so that was a good thing.

“Is a fight where neither side suffers a loss a fight? It’s boring.”

This was why the onlookers were disappointed.

“You can only see it from above.”

He burned the letter and called Makie to the court.

“I’ll be going to Rowan next month, so get ready.”

"Yes, Your Majesty the King.”

Valquiterre returned to the venue where the envoys were waiting for him with a satisfied face.

***

I was more peaceful than expected.

Kaian came to see me occasionally, but he never got angry or verbally abusive as he did the first time.

Even that felt like the calm before the storm.

It was amazing that I was about to die.

I was very fearful.

“Perhaps we can’t change the place of the grave, right?”

One day, I asked Kaian that question as soon as I saw his face, and he immediately frowned.

“I thought it would be good for the new Duchess to be buried in that spot in the cemetery.”

“You seemed to really like that tombstone.”

Although he was sarcastic, he answered with some sincerity.

“Because you can’t have everything you like.”

I can now say anything to Kaian.

The loss of secrets freed my tightly shut mouth.

Now that what I had been hiding so far for fear of being caught was gone, I started talking to him about anything.

On the one hand, I was afraid that he would suddenly say that he would send me to a monastery or a hospital or something.

On the other hand, I trembled alone in front of the fear of death, but now that someone knew I was going to die, I wanted to reveal the things I had been pressing inside.

"There. A place where white flowers bloom. It was pretty there. It's under the tree. It would be nice to bury me there.”

Then, Kaian couldn't stand it any longer and jumped up and screamed.

“You say dying so easily. Do you think Kaian of Temnes can’t even get a single medicine?”

Claudel's eyes widened.

“...Medicine?”


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments