TVTLQ - Chapter 99

TVTLQ - Chapter 99

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly





The hellish outing I went out with Rexed was finally over.

Before leaving the jeweler, I ended up purchasing two sets of cuffs. It was a blue and purple cuff.

'Why would I buy cuffs for someone like Rexed?"l'

I really didn't want to buy it even if I had to die, but I had no choice because Rexed was paying too much attention.

I felt like if I didn't buy the cuffs, something bad would happen again. For example, the development of Dostic, which was barely re-licensed was stopped again.

'It's perfect to give the ugly bastard one more piece of rice cake.'

I'm putting up with it because I'm really dirty.

I want you to make this clear.

Although I purchased the cuffs, I did not gift them to Rexed right away. Because I didn't want to hand it to him directly while looking at his face.

Plus, I wanted to gift it to Dominic first.

'I'll have to send someone to deliver it later.'

That would be fine.

Rexed was already showing a satisfied expression the moment I purchased the purple cuffs.

"Whoa."

After returning to the top, I sat down in front of the desk and let out a tired sigh.

I felt like it took a really long time to get back to this place.

Annie smiled brightly and approached me.

"Did you enjoy your trip, Vice President?"

"Don't even talk... It was the best."

Annie giggled at the added remark.

Annie was a helper who knew everything about my situation, so I felt a little embarrassed.

I decided to change the topic of conversation.

"There were no problems for a few days, right? Is the construction progressing well?"

"Sure. In fact, it is faster than before. The rumor that this is a project supported by His Highness the Crown Prince has spread, and people are flocking from all over. Many people want to invest."

Annie handed me a stack of letters.

"These are the items that arrived over the next three days. I have classified it first, so please check and review."

I went through each letter Annie gave me.

'The Crown Prince's power is definitely strong.'

Letters like this also came when the rumor spread that Penelope had praised the first wedding gift I had prepared.

There were some pretty cool suggestions back then too.

"It wasn't to this extent."

To add a bit of exaggeration, it seemed like every noble in the imperial capital had sent a letter to me. There were also letters from representatives who were not nobles but were running fairly large businesses.

I could sense from the letter that they desperately wanted to connect with me in some way.

Probably half of the approach was to want to become closer to the Crown Prince throughout my existence.

'But it's not bad.'

It's give and take anyway, so we just have to get what we both want.

"Oh."

As I was looking through the letters, I found an invitation that looked good.

It was a social gathering held at the Count of Lancon's house, which was famous as a gathering place for young businessmen.

As it was famous, the membership conditions were strict, so attendance was only possible if you were recommended by three or more existing members or directly invited by the host.

However, the host, Count Lancon, personally sent me an invitation. 

'I must definitely go here.'

A situation that attracted enough attention as the new face of Pierre's upper division.

Now it was necessary to form useful connections to maintain and develop it. And this meeting, to be held two weeks later, was the perfect venue for my return to social life.

I immediately grabbed a fountain pen and wrote a reply expressing my intention to attend.

While I was at it, I selected a few other meetings and added them to the schedule.

It was time to finish all the backlogged work one by one.

“Vice President!”

Annie, who had left the room for a moment, came running in with a gasp.

A letter fluttered from her hand.

"There is a letter from Mr. Dominic!"

"Hurry and give it to me."

I quickly received a letter from her.

When I opened the sealed envelope and unfolded the letter, neat writing appeared.

I read the letter quickly.

[ I will be waiting in front of the central square fountain tomorrow at noon.]

At the end of the short letter was a request to meet tomorrow.

Mr. Dominic had finally made up his mind.

As the time for the final battle approaches, my heart begins to beat loudly.

I was so nervous last night that I could hardly sleep. I woke up overcoming fatigue and barely finished getting ready.

I was nervous just sitting still, so I quickly headed to the meeting place with the idea of leaving early.

"Phew."

Standing right in front of the central square fountain, I let out a sigh of tension. Perhaps because I left too early, Dominic hasn't arrived yet.

"There won't be any strange place."

I looked at my face in the flowing water of the fountain and smoothed my hair.

The maid put a lot of effort into decorating it, so there aren't any spots, but perhaps because I'm nervous, I keep touching it for no reason.

I looked around.

The area in front of the central square fountain, which is also a landmark of the capital, was crowded with people even though it was still morning.

In particular, I saw a lot of families, and perhaps because it was the weekend, they all seemed to be out on an outing.

"My little girl, will Dad buy you a big teddy bear today?"

"Honey, there are already a lot of dolls at home."

"Yes, but I don't have a teddy bear."

"Hehe, I like dolls! Dad, you're the best!"

A happily smiling family passed by me.

If I start dating Dominic, I will have a family like that someday, right?

It's just my opinion, but somehow Dominic seemed very homely. He will be faithful to his family and take good care of his children.

I opened my bag and checked the small box inside. It was a cuff that I brought as a gift to Dominic.

I originally bought it because I thought it would look good on Dominic, but it turned out that this cuff ended up being a gift to commemorate the start of our relationship.

"I hope Dominic likes it."

It was when I muttered with my cheeks slightly blushing.

Tap, tap, tap.

A carriage approached from afar and stopped in front of the square. The person who got off the carriage was Mr. Dominic.

When I found him, I called out loudly to him.

"Mr. Dominic!"

When he heard my voice, he raised his head as if surprised. He looked back and forth between me and the clock tower.

There were still thirty minutes left until the appointment time, but he seemed embarrassed that I had arrived so early.

'And then he came out this early too.'

That was the moment when I smiled slightly and was about to approach him.

"Uh?"

A person jumped out of the carriage that was not yet closed. It was a very short boy who looked to be about four or five years old.

When the child stretched out his arms, Dominic picked him up. The form of holding the child was quite stable. Mr. Dominic walked towards me with the child in his arms.

"Good morning, Miss Rosenia."

"Good morning."

I had to hide my embarrassment as I greeted him face-to-face.

Who is this child that Mr. Dominic brought here?

There was no way it was a lost child. Because they both came in the same carriage.

'Could it be his nephew?'

Mr. Dominic had an older brother. 

Perhaps a couple who came to the capital for the first time in a while left their nephew in his care for a while to go on a date?

Good Dominic couldn't refuse this.

"You're a handsome little gentleman. Hi?"

I smiled naturally and talked to the child.

Looking closer, it seemed like it was his nephew.

The child's appearance was quite similar to Dominic's, including his light brown hair that brightened when exposed to sunlight.

When my gaze reached the child, he turned his head away as if embarrassed.

Mr. Dominic gently stroked the child's back.

"You're cute. Dominic, who are you?"

I asked him with a smile.

He had an unexpected companion, but I could turn a blind eye to it because it was a cute little boy. But what followed was far beyond my expectations.

"This is my son."

"Oh, your son. Yes?"

"Julian, say hello."

I thought that if we were on the same page, other minor issues wouldn't be any obstacles.

Until I heard that the man I liked had a son.


Previous            Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment