TVTLQ - Chapter 100

TVTLQ - Chapter 100

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



For a moment, I thought I had heard wrong.

A son, that can't be possible.

Dominic is still single and he is only one year older than me 

"Ahaha, you mean he's a cute nephew like a son, right?"

I laughed exaggeratedly. Because I wanted to get rid of this awkwardness.

But,

"No. It means that he is truly my son who carries on my blood."

The laughter stopped when Dominic once again reminded me of the terrible truth.

I couldn't possibly laugh. What he said to me was so shocking. 

I stood there as if I was nailed to my seat. The inside of my mouth was so dry that it was completely burnt.

So, has Dominic now confessed that he is a married man? Or a divorced man?

Regardless of the correct answer, I felt dizzy.

"Dad, I.."

At that time, the child held by Mr. Dominic whined.

On one side of the square, children were playing and chasing pigeons, and he seemed to want to join in too.

Mr. Dominic glanced at the place and lowered the child to the floor.

"You have to play carefully. Don't follow just anyone."

"Yes."

After receiving permission from Dominic, the child ran to where friends his age were gathered. His flowing brown hair sparkled in the sunlight.

It was a peaceful and beautiful scenery, but it wasn't like that at all for me.

The word "dad" that that kid used just now when he called Dominic was ringing in my ears.

"I need an explanation."

"I'll tell you everything."

We sat on the bench in front of the fountain. It was a place where you could clearly see a child playing with pigeons.

Dominic, who hesitated for a while, finally opened his mouth.

"Six years ago, I became independent from my family. I left home, did whatever I could, saved up capital, and started to become an investor."

This is what I found out when I did some research before signing with Dominic.

At the time, I thought he became independent early on because he was the second son and his family was not very wealthy.

"In fact, it was more like running away from home than becoming independent. And the reason is..."

Mr. Dominic's neck moved up and down greatly.

"Because I touched the kitchen maid and she got pregnant." 

My tinnitus rang. I was dizzy before my eyes at the unimaginable remark.

Six years ago. Dominic was still a minor.

When I couldn't react, Dominic continued.

"My mother tried to cover up the whole thing by kicking the maid out. But I thought I was a little crazy at the time and I couldn't abandon a woman who was pregnant with my child. So I went on a night getaway with her."

"..."

"Because it was a dishonorable relationship, we couldn't hold a formal ceremony. But when my child was born, I thought I couldn't let him live as an unrecognized being. So, we paid money to a priest whom we secretly inquired about and asked him to be a witness of the union."

"Then, now I..."

 "You say you're a married man."

"It was planned, but she died after giving birth, unable to overcome puerperal fever... I am legally unmarried.

What on earth does this mean?

In other words, Dominic was a man who was not legally married, but he had a wife and a son. Even his wife is already dead.

"And what about that kid? What do you usually do with your child? When I went to Mr. Dominic's residence, I did not see the child."

"Julian's maternal grandmother is alive. He is usually looked after by his maternal grandmother, and I pay his living expenses every month."

Suddenly, I remembered the time when he requested a 15-day vacation.

He seemed reluctant to give any more details other than saying it was housework. If he was going to see a child he hadn't seen for a long time...

"Sigh."

I covered my face with both hands. I had no idea what to say. To be honest, I still felt like I was dreaming.

"That's why I couldn't readily answer Miss Rosenia's feelings."

To my horror, he was kind even at this moment.

"It was just a moment in time and we haven't officially received a declaration of marriage, but I didn't think I could hide everything because of that."

No, I felt he was sweet. Makes me want to slap myself.

"I was really happy and grateful when Miss Rosenia confessed to me. Because you have brought me joy... But I felt like spending time with you like this would shake my long-held resolve not to turn a blind eye to my mistakes."

"That means..."

"I'm sorry, Miss Rosenia. I cannot be with you."

I closed my eyes tightly. Tinnitus rang in my ears. 

"I felt like I would turn a blind eye and live as if I was a spotless person, pretending not to know anything. I will consider the child's existence a nuisance and seem likely to resent the child someday. And most of all, I felt like I would be despising Miss Rosenia for the rest of my life."

"..."

"I could have refused without giving a reason, but... I thought that doing so could actually be an insult to Miss Rosenia. Please forgive me for finally revealing the truth." 

Children's laughter could be heard through the silence.

I sat still for a while.

Then I asked.

"What are you going to do now?"

"The child's maternal grandmother wants to return to her hometown. And I also decided to follow along with Julian. The contract... Sorry. I am destroying it due to my own circumstances, so I will accept compensation."

"You can keep working. Originally, his maternal grandmother raised the child and you only sent him living expenses, then...!"

"No. If I continue to be with Miss Rosenia, I will end up being greedy for things I shouldn't be greedy for."

You can be greedy.

I'm fine, so please be greedy. But I couldn't bring myself to say those words out loud. Because it was something his son was involved in.

Especially because it was a completely different problem than the reasons I had imagined until now.

Mr. Dominic stood up.

He stood in front of me, bent his back at a right angle, and lowered his head.

"I hope everything goes well in your future endeavors. I may not be able to be with you, Miss Rosenia, but I hope you will always be happy."

I could only stare blankly as Dominic left with his son.

That's how our relationship ended.

So absurdly vain.

***

"I have been away from the imperial palace for quite some time."

Penelope's brow furrowed.

"What on earth happened to make your face look like that?"

After completing the purification ceremony at the temple before the wedding, Penelope called Rosenia as soon as she returned to the imperial palace.

We discussed the gift and checked the tears of the World Tree. She also called me to ask for my regards.

However, when Rosenia arrived, the appearance of her face was shocking.

The area under her eyes was puffy, as if he had stayed up all night, and her face had a gloomy look.

It seemed like she was wearing whatever clothes she could get her hands on, and her hair was roughly tied up with a single string.

'She's not the type of kid who usually acts like this.'

Penelope, worried, asked sweetly.

"I heard there was a problem with the business you were doing. Could it be that there are still problems left?"

"No."

"Then was it difficult to prepare the third gift? Or is there a problem with the item you were delivering to me?"

"Preparations for the gift are progressing without a hitch, and the items to be delivered to Her Highness will also be finished soon after being processed."

"Then why on earth are you so sad? It's frustrating just watching. Speak up."

"It's because I was rejected by someone I liked."

Rosenia blurted out in response to Penelope's criticism. Penelope blinked her eyes in embarrassment.

Are you suddenly talking about love here?

Then, her expression became cold as if she realized something.

"Have you done something bad to Rexed?


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. Happy 💯 chapters 🥳🎉❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment