TVTLQ - Chapter 97

TVTLQ - Chapter 97

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Philip, come here and see."

"Yes!"

A man called Philip came running.

Dominic looked up and down at the very disciplined man.

"How long have you been working for me?"

"It's been a month now!"

"Okay..."

Philip, who was originally an employee of Alter Company, was a man who was selected as Dominic's secretary and working staff because he was neat and quick at getting things done.

'He's always enthusiastic and works hard at everything... I guess it's worth leaving it to him.'

He made a decision and put on a serious expression.

"I have something important to ask of you."

"Yes! Please speak up!"

"This is a story about the Alter Company and the future of our duchy."

Dominic, who could not bear to say that this was a gift of courtship or part of the Duke's love affair, gave instructions while appropriately omitting the facts.

"We need a building in a good location. Before Pierre's top."

"Yes! We will do our best to handle the task you entrusted to us perfectly!"

"I trust you will do well."

Dominic smiled happily at the other person's loud answer.

Without being able to predict what consequences his choice would have in the future.

***

The fact that the workmanship of the magic stone was unsophisticated was just an excuse for Rexed to summon Rosenia.

He was curious.

What on earth does he like about Rosenia that makes Calix say such crazy things that he wants to marry her?

He thought it was nonsense and wouldn't actually allow it, but he still wanted to know why. Even more so because he felt that Rosenia had changed somewhat from before.

'Besides, it's embarrassing.'

This body personally sent someone to hold the groundbreaking ceremony, but he can't believe he didn't show her face even once.

If it had been before, she would have come to see his face, giving reasons why she shouldn't have come. Even though it was time for her to show her face and say thank you.

She made all kinds of excuses to not come.

"I would like to express my deepest gratitude, Your Highness."

A useless Marquis would come and visit him instead. 

Rexed glanced at Rosenia sitting across from him.

Rosenia felt the gaze and carefully raised her head.

"Are you uncomfortable in some way? Should I stop the carriage?" 

"No, it's nothing."

"Yes."

When he told them it wasn't a Rexed, Rosenia suddenly lost interest.

Rexed's brow furrowed. He should be happy if the woman who was so annoying came to her senses.

Why does he feel so bad?

In addition, he was upset that she couldn't focus on him, as if she was thinking about other things all day.

'I'm sure it's related to Calix.'

Rexed had too much pride to ask directly what happened. But it is always the thirsty who dig the well.

Rexed, who had been talking several times, was the first to break the silence.

"I heard someone is taking you around recently. They say he will always be by your side."

When Calix confessed his sins in front of Rexed, he only said that he stayed by Rosenia's side under the pretext of being an investment advisor, but did not provide any further explanation.

Especially things like what Rosenia thinks of him.

Therefore, Rexed naturally thought that Rosenia would not have any great feelings for Calix, or more specifically, Dominic.

At best, she'll think of him as a smart employee who does a good job.

However...

"Oh, no."

Why is she blushing at his question?

"Not that close..."

As she was making excuses, she cleared her throat loudly, probably because she thought she had said something pointless.

Rexed stared at Rosenia.

Slightly flushed cheeks, distracted gaze.

He's seen an expression like that before.

So, when she runs up to him and says she likes him, she always makes that face...

Feeling ominous, Rexed looked at her once again.

"I heard it's a male. Shouldn't you be careful? If an unmarried woman spends a long time with a certain man, there may be rumors going around."

Rexed himself was currently going out alone with Rosenia. Just as the thought of spitting in his face struck him, Rosenia spoke.

"I've never done anything inappropriate, and most of all, I'm serious about my relationship with him, so it's okay."

"What?"

"It means he's a good person."

Rosenia, who had said that much, lowered her eyes. She was extremely polite and humble but never looked at Rexed.

At the same time as being shocked by her statement, Rexed thought. If he were going to ask about the relationship between the two, he could have called Calix and asked.

Why did he decide to call Rosenia?

***

I didn't want to talk about Dominicto the male leads. Why is everyone, including Icarus so interested in other men?

The reason I revealed to Rexed that I had a crush on Dominic was for one reason. I felt it the last time I was trapped in the basement, but it seemed like Rexed was the type of person who couldn't understand something once he spoke.

So I have no choice but to say it several times.

Now that I have someone amazing, jr can go after your love.

'Anyway, the male lead is Calix, but you don't know him.'

Just as I was left out of the original story's development, there may be a chance that Rexed will get along well with Estelle.

Rexed didn't ask me any more questions to see if I had responded appropriately. Since he was an uncomfortable partner, to begin with, I felt comfortable with that as well.

Meanwhile, our carriage arrived at its destination.

"Oh my God, Your Majesty. How did you get here...!"

The owner, who had rushed out in a hurry, suddenly bowed. And then when I appeared with him, his eyes sparkled.

"As a representative of Pierre Merchant, who is in charge of preparing the wedding gift for Her Highness the Princess, I have come to prepare a special gift for Her Highness."

Since I didn't want any unnecessary rumors to spread, I made the reason for my visit clear from the beginning.

"Aha, I see."

But it didn't seem to work very well. Rather, the other person tied me and Rexed together and secretly looked at us.

A woman who passionately pursued the Crown Prince and once said she loved him. It must be interesting that those two showed up together.

Ah really!

This is why I didn't want to do anything with Rexed.

'Let's finish it quickly and go back.'

Thinking about that, I smiled businesslike.

"I plan to rework the jewelry that used to be a necklace. I want to make it a little easier to wear."

"I see. In that case, I think it would be a good idea to exchange it for a ring."

When I told them what I needed on behalf of Rexed, the owner quickly brought samples.

Rexed, who was looking at the various items spread out on the table, asked me.

"Which do you think is better?"

"Since the gem is turquoise, it would be nice to decorate it with diamonds, but I think pearls could also highlight Her Majesty's elegance."

"Lady, you have great sense. I feel the same way, Your Majesty." 

"Hmm, then let's go with pearls."

"But you didn't bring your existing jewelry with you today?"

"I'll hand that over to the last one. If there is anything you need for the work, ask my servant to complete it first, excluding the central jewel."

"Yes. All right."

Still, since I was a person with a clear like and dislike for Rexed, the decision was made quickly.

While he worked out the rest of the details, I decided to take a look around the store.

Since this is Penelope's favorite place, I thought it would be good to know what kind of thing they serve. But the place where my steps actually stopped was where men's cuffs were on display.

"Pretty."

I think those blue cuffs will look good on you, Dominic.

It was time for me to carefully look at the products on display. 

"What are you looking at?"

Rexed, standing right next to me, suddenly asked when he approached me.

When I took a step away from him in surprise, he frowned slightly.

 "I was just watching for a moment.

"Cuffs?"

"Yes."

"Who are you giving it to?"

What are you asking? Of course, it's Dominic.

I answered with a gentle smile. Then Rexed crossed his arms as if he was disapproving.

He looked at the cuffs I was looking at and suddenly said. 

"I don't like blue."


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments