TVTLQ - Chapter 76

TVTLQ - Chapter 76

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



I immediately arrived at the Imperial Palace by carriage.

"You cannot freely enter the main palace without any business."

There, I was blocked from the entrance before I could properly protest. 

The knights guarding the entrance were whispering among themselves.

A Young Lady suddenly came and looked like she was causing trouble.

I shouted to them.

"You say I have no business? An already approved development plan has been halted for review. And that too suddenly, overnight."

"If that's the case, go to the administration over there and check."

"I only heard that it was already a journey and that it was a decision made by higher-ups."

"Then wouldn't that be it? If you need to enter the palace, apply for entry in advance and wait for your turn. I will contact you when the time comes."

"I want this resolved right now!"

“Ha ha ha!”

One of the knights laughed loudly at my shout. Then his face suddenly hardened and he muttered coldly.

"Young Lady, do you think the imperial palace is just a joke?"

I flinched unconsciously at the other person's spirit. The knight looked me up and down for a moment, then clicked his tongue as if he was annoyed.

"I think it's a mistake and I'll let you go for today. Please go back now."

"But...!"

"I won't tell you twice. Go back. There will be no opportunity for the Lady to have an audience with His Majesty the Emperor."

I bit my lower lip hard at the firm attitude, as if not even a needle could go in.

The administration takes responsibility and says it wasn't their decision and just walks away.

I don't dare meet the Emperor.

'I know.'

That I came here recklessly. But I had to do something. Because I can't just suffer like this without knowing anything.

'I guess I'll have to bring my father too.'

If Marquis Pierre personally applied for an audience, I wouldn't be blocked from the knight like this.

I don't want to sound sorry to my father, but it was the best thing for now. If that doesn't work, at least put an emergency flue on Princess Penelope.

I went back the way I came, making plans again in my head. But as I was hurrying my steps, someone caught my eye in the distance.

He was not the official who came to deliver the edict this morning, but one of the lower-ranking officials who originally came to inspect as Dostic's supervisor.

The moment I saw him, my eyes lit up. Like a wild animal that has found its prey, I approached him with great strides.

"Hello."

"OMG."

When I suddenly appeared in the hallway of the outer palace, the other person was so shocked that he jumped out of his seat.

I said, stopping him.

"If you're not busy, let's talk for a moment."

"No, I'm busy..."

"It will only take a moment."

I pushed him into the nearest room as he tried to escape. The room, which appeared to be a small conference room, was fortunately empty.

I slammed the door and locked it. The other person rolled his eyes. It was clear that something was bothering him because he couldn't look me in the eye.

I said, firmly blocking the door in front of the other person to prevent them from escaping.

"I need help."

"W-what help... "

"An order to stop development has been issued to Dostic. Suddenly this morning through a royal decree. Do you know why?"

"That... Do you understand? All decisions are made from above."

Did you at least guess the words in advance? 

He also gave the same answer.

If everyone was like this, I didn't think I could get anything other than the already-decided public response.

So I changed my approach.

"I did my best for the director."

"..."

"It is difficult to supervise external construction in the cold winter. We are concerned that this may cause some inconvenience, so we have tried to provide as much convenience as possible. Even if you just sell the jewels on the gloves I gave you, you will be warmer this winter. But the supervisor doesn't seem to have the warmth to answer even these trivial questions."

I decided to use the gift I gave him to threaten him.

"Hmm."

The other person seemed to be uncomfortable and cleared his throat.

I stared at him as if I wasn't going to give him an excuse to run away. The other person's gaze finally seemed to pierce through his head and he raised both hands.

"Oh, I understand. I'll tell you from the best of my knowledge."

"...!"

"But I really don't know why the order to stop development was issued. They just decided that way. Our superiors."

"Then please tell me who your superiors are. Who on earth is he? Is he His Majesty the Emperor?"

"No. Not His Majesty the Emperor. This is His Royal Highness the Crown Prince."

At that moment, it felt like someone had hit my head with a hammer. Like an idiot, I repeated what the other person said.

"Your Majesty the Crown Prince?"

"Yes. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince made all decisions including Dostic's development, dispatching of supervisors, and stopping development."

"Are you sure you are referring to His Royal Highness Crown Prince Rexed?"

"Yes, that's right."

He looked around. Then he lowered his voice and whispered.

"Your Highness will personally reexamine and decide whether to proceed. He may be visiting Dostic soon, so please prepare in advance."

"Ah..."

"Development will return to normal. So cheer up. And I ask that you please keep the fact that I told you this story a secret."

The low-ranking official who had spoken up to that point bowed his head and quickly left the room. I muttered as I was left alone in the small conference room.

"It will return to normal soon."

Haha.

No way.

Dostic development will end up being halted sooner or later. In the worst case, the business rights may be transferred to someone other than me.

And there is only one reason why such a thing is possible.

This is because the person who decides everything that has happened now is Prince Rexed, who despises me so much.

It's because he's the Crown Prince and because he hates me.

"Do you think I'll just suffer like this?"

The hand clenched into a fist gained strength.

***

Rexed turned over the documents with a cold face. It has already been 5 days since it was issued.

Many people have visited him in the meantime. And the person with the highest percentage was none other than the Marquis Pierre.

The reason he requested an audience with Rexed was obvious.

'It must be about Dostic."

Of course, Rexed did not allow an audience with him. He did not intend to have any contact with outsiders until the judgment was completed.

Even if it is Pierre, who has led the development of Dostic so far.

“Rosenia Pierre...”

Rexed muttered distraught. He personally investigated the development of Dostic through his close associates.

And when he read the report in full, he had to admit that there were no problems with the development.

The praise that Rexed gave Calix should have been directed to Rosenia, not Calix.

"That's nonsense."

Rexed scolded furiously.

Even if everyone says 'yes', there are some things that he has no choice but to say 'no' to.

For Rexed, Rosenia was like that.

He was under mental stress because Rosenia had been following him around for the past few years. And that experience was more powerful than these few documents and people's testimonies.

Calix, who coveted Rosenia's talent, helped her?

He can not believe it.

Calix was clearly looking at the top of Pierre. He also set up a smoke screen for his aide just to handle the job meticulously.

Even to the person who received development approval.

Haha, this guy.

Let's see when he returns to the capital.

It was a time when Rexed was grinding his teeth in anger.

"Oh, no. If you come to me so recklessly......!"

"Hello, Your Highness."

Suddenly, the door to the office burst open and the magic tower lord Icarus came to him out of nowhere. Next to him, a servant was sweating profusely and trying to get Icarus out.

Rexed said with a sigh. 

"It's okay, let him in. Just leave."

"Yes... I'm sorry I couldn't stop him."

"What brings you here, Master?"

Rexed, who had learned the basics of magic from Icarus for about half a year in the past, called him his teacher.

It was one of the decisions made by the Emperor at the time to preserve the authority of the wizard who had just been reinstated.

Icarus sat down on the sofa and said.

"Your Highness, are you harassing my gold?"


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment