TVTLQ- Chapter 75

TVTLQ- Chapter 75

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



'If I say so here, wouldn't I be able to move on quietly?'

Dominic thought hard but then shook his head.

He had once tricked the Crown Prince by pretending to be Duke Altemir in front of him at Princess Montrose's birthday banquet.

At that time, he escaped punishment with the same grace as Rexed.

But mercy only comes once.

If he insult the Crown Prince of the empire again today, he will not be able to expect any more mercy.

Unlike his master, a long-time friend whom the Crown Prince trusted, he was merely a nobleman who had to serve the imperial family.

'I'm sorry, Duke.'

Dominic, who had been thinking about it up to that point, made up his mind.

"Everything...... "I'll tell you everything."

Dominic slowly began to tell Rexed what he knew.

The person who first came up with the idea of developing Dostic and came up with the plan was Rosenia Pierre. And that his master agrees with the idea and is cooperating with Pierre.

"The Duke considers Miss Pierre very important as a talent to recruit to the Alter Company."

But he couldn't bring himself to say that Calix was even thinking about marrying her.

The fact that he changes his appearance several times a week and visits her periodically under the pretext of needing to get closer to Rosenia.

Dominic was not confident that he could handle the repercussions that would come if that was revealed.

Rexed laughed as if he was shocked after hearing Dominic's story.

"Are you telling me to believe that now?"

"Well, I didn't lie. And most of the reports currently being published were indeed planned and led by Miss Pierre herself."

Rexed tightened his mouth.

The Rosenia he remembers was a helpless woman who declared that she would rather disappear into nothingness if she did not get his love.

It was nothing more or less than a leech that always followed him around and gave him discomfort.

But that kind of woman is the one who created the plan that he admired and personally approved, and that Calix covets as a talent?

Nonsense.

“Pierre, Pierre.”

Rexed muttered Rosenia's last name in annoyance.

Now, just hearing the name Pierre made him feel like he would break out in hives all over my body.

She hasn't been noticeable to him lately, so Rexed thought Rosenia might have come to her senses a little. What does it mean to come to her senses?

She was still tormenting himself persistently. And in an extraordinary way that could never have been imagined before.

"It's clear that she deceived Calix." 

Rexed didn't believe that she had 'talent'. It was clear that the plans she had made actually came from Calix's head.

Above all, Rexed could not hide his anxiety the moment he heard that Rosenia was involved in the development of Dostic.

Who knows what that crazy woman will do again this time?

If she deliberately teases Dostic to get his attention...

Rexed's eyes fell heavily.

A wind colder than the coming winter was rushing towards Rosenia.

***

Early in the morning, the road to the Dostic construction site was chaotic.

The atmosphere was strange from the entrance to the village. All the residents were out of their houses.

This didn't normally happen.

They mumbled something among themselves as they watched my carriage pass by.

What? Ominously...

And when I arrived at the abandoned factory where construction was in full swing, my anxiety became real.

"Imperial Knights?"

At least ten people with imperial badges on their chests were waiting for me.

I quickly got out of the carriage.

At the same time, an old official whom I had not seen before approached me.

It was not the official I gave the gift to.

"Rosenia Pierre, receive the edict."

The old official shouted loudly.

A royal decree.

The ominous feeling that had been building up before soared. I snatched up the document the official held out.

And the moment I read what was written inside, I couldn't help but believe my eyes.

"Development... Stop?"

I wondered if I had read it wrong. I rubbed my eyes and read it again, but the content written in the document was the same.

Dostic development will be suspended indefinitely as of today.

That was what was written.

"Continuing construction here is disobeying orders."

The threatening official gestured to the knights. Then the knights began to blockade the scene in perfect order.

His attitude was very prompt as if he was waiting for me to receive this edict.

I urgently caught up with the official.

"Wait a minute. Why is construction suddenly being banned? This was carried out after receiving formal development permission. But it stops without any reason?"

The schedule for this construction was very tight. This is because Dentz's opening schedule was scheduled to coincide with Princess Penelope's wedding.

As a result, if it misses the flow once, it has no choice but to be pushed back.

Moreover, above all else, there is something called atmosphere.

Everyone is waiting for the factory to be completed, but if it suddenly stops here, any hope that was kindled will die.

I couldn't just leave it like that.

"This is absurd! Please stop now!"

"What would be unreasonable in stopping construction that had been carried out with the permission of the imperial family due to the will of the imperial family?"

The official responded harshly.

His attitude was that it was none of his business. I was even angry at his indifference.

Meanwhile, knights traveled throughout the construction site.

To prevent people from coming in and out, stakes were driven in ropes were set up, and huge mats were placed on top of the piled-up building materials and tied tightly with ropes.

"Stop! Stop it!"

No matter how much I raised my voice, they didn't even seem to listen.

Unable to stop the knights by force, I again argued with the official in charge.

"How can things be done this way! In everything, there is an order and steps. Development is suddenly stopped. What on earth is that reason!"

"There is no reason to ask for a royal decree."

"Ha, you're not asking why? Try saying that to those people over there. Local development was stopped without any reason. So jobs and everything became non-existent. Just say it like that!"

I shouted, pointing at the people gathered around me. The other person frowned, probably tired of me yelling at them. He lifted his chin arrogantly and scolded.

"Are you going to disobey the Emperor's orders?"

"Tell me why!" 

"Ha, you're really persistent. They said that reexamination is necessary before development."

"Are you kidding me?"

I glared at the official. He did not give me the reason for the reconsideration. In the end, that was the same as saying there was no reason.

"It's all over."

The engineers who blocked the construction site with shocking speed returned to the management and reported.

The official nodded, looked back at me, and clicked his tongue.

“I hope you will not do anything foolish that goes against the Emperor's orders."

He looked at me disapprovingly, left me a stern warning, and then left with his knights.

When they left, only the site that had been devastated was left behind.

The factory, which had a sign posted on the wall prohibiting entry, was blocked off so that no one could enter.

I reached for it and stopped.

'I hope you don't do anything foolish that goes against the Emperor's orders.'

It's just as the management said. If I touch this now, it will be against the royal command.

And that amounted to treason, which could have resulted in my head being blown off.

I withdrew my outstretched arm. It felt like everything was falling apart.

How could this happen in an instant?

“Vice President...”

I heard someone calling me plaintively. Annie was looking at me worriedly.

It wasn't just Annie.

Residents who came out of their homes due to the sudden commotion were only staring at me. With an endlessly disappointed and helpless face.

When I saw that, I came to my senses.

I can't just stay here.

"I will go to the imperial palace right now."

I will thoroughly reveal how this happened and why this decision was made to correct the situation.

My steps toward the imperial palace were more solemn than ever.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments