TVTLQ - Chapter 50

TVTLQ - Chapter 50

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



In return for the kindness, I finished eating one small tart and put down my fork. I didn't want to take any more time, so I went straight to the main topic.

"I'm sorry for making a fuss that day."

For some reason, whenever I meet male leads, I basically start by apologizing.

I continued speaking, feeling uneasy.

"I didn't know there would be people in the factory. I heard that place has been abandoned for a long time and has no owner."

"It's my house." 

"It's not a real house, is it? We confirmed that the land was returned to the imperial family after the owner of the factory filed for bankruptcy."

"I live in it. It's my home, you trespasser."

I was at a loss for words due to the outrageous claims. Was it like this in the original? It seems like it was arbitrary.

"Then I guess you should prepare to move."

"Move?"

"Yes. That place is scheduled to be renovated into a new factory soon. Any strange passages will be cleaned up." 

"Who allowed that?"

"I think His Majesty the Emperor will give permission. I'm here to tell you that by then the basement will also be buried. If you have important items, organize them quickly and move them."

Done. I said everything I wanted to say.

Since I warned him in advance, he wouldn't have anything to say even if I suddenly called someone and evacuated the factory. I just stood up from my seat. I planned to return without further delay.

"Hmm, something like this?"

But the moment he showed me the necklace with a light green magic stone embedded in it, I had no choice but to stop in place.

Gasp.

I closed my mouth.

My eyes trembled slightly.

Why are the tears of the World Tree in Icarus' hands? 

Icarus saw my expression and laughed. He found a long cigarette pipe and put it to his mouth. That must have been the source of the tobacco scent that filled the room.

After exhaling a long puff of smoke, he tilted his head and asked.

"Are you just going to go?"

I bit my lower lip. I shouldn't have reacted, but I was so surprised that I pretended not to know. 

Originally, the tears of the World Tree belonged to Rosenia. Only Rosenia discovers the tears of the World Tree.  By chance, due to a very trivial incident. But at that moment, an ominous possibility occurred to me.

Maybe it wasn't a pure coincidence that Rosenia obtained the World Tree's tears in the original work. 

Icarus was an unrivaled genius in magic. Moreover, he called the abandoned factory his home. Regardless of the actual relationship, it means that he stayed there for a long time.

Could it be that he didn't notice the existence of the magic stone in his area?

Wouldn't it be more credible to say that the magic stone was stored there?

I stood as if pinned to my seat. My wild imagination became a kind of certainty. My extremely tense body became stiff.

Icarus laughed as if it was fun to see me like that.

"Cute."

Only the mouth is smiling, but the eyes are not smiling at all. 

I desperately shook my head. As long as the World Tree's tears are in Icarus' hands, the balance has already tilted. The jewel must have been kept in a box with Pierre's symbol on it.

'Here, it's a handshake that claims that thing belongs to the family.'

Regardless of the context, Pierre disobeyed the emperor's order to destroy all magic stones. It would be better to try to negotiate from the beginning.

He must have wanted that too and showed me the tears of the World Tree. Even though he could conceal the existence of the magic stone or threaten me with it, he doesn't do so.

"Alright."

I swallowed a sigh. I sat down with my posture straight and looked straight at him and said.

"What do you want?"

The sunken eyes shone for the first time. He put down his cigarette pipe.

He came around the table that was blocking him and me and came towards me. As the distance narrowed, my body became more tense.

He stood tall in front of me and tilted his head.

"What do you think I want? A girl as pretty and cute as a fairy?"

"Haha. You're not my type."

I wasn't talking about myself either, you crazy wizard.

It's a little early, but I just asked him to see if he had Estelle in mind. He lifted my chin with his index finger. Icarus made eye contact with me and smiled. 

"Because my magic doesn't work on you."

"What is that..."

"It was a place where a defensive spell was placed to prevent anyone from entering."

It seemed like he was referring to the basement. But the moment I heard his words, a question arose. 

"There was nothing like that."

 "That wouldn't be possible. Think about it carefully."

Frowning, I suddenly remembered bumping into something on my way down to the basement. I hit something that looked like a solid glass wall, but when I reached out again, there was nothing there. so I thought it was a ghost. I never dreamed it would be magic.

Icarus said after seeing my expression.

"I guess you have a guess. So?"

"That was the first time I saw someone my magic didn't work on. So I want to experiment on you."

"Experiment?"

"How is it? If you accept my offer and cooperate calmly, I will give you what you want."

Icarus seductively shook the tears of the World Tree. 

It seems as if I should quickly accept his offer. I thought calmly. And then I opened my mouth.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

"Huh?"

"Please hand over the jewel to me. Then I will grant you what you wish." 

For a moment, a frighteningly quiet silence came. And a moment later, loud laughter filled the empty space.

“Aha, hahahaha.”

"..."

"This is a thing." 

He tapped my cheek. It was a rude attitude that would make you feel bad. But I didn't show any emotion and just looked at him indifferently. He slowly raised the corners of his mouth and smiled.

"I think I like you a little bit."

Don't say such horrible things.

Icarus took his hand away from my face. He returned to his seat and sat down on the chair.

I asked, rubbing the cheek where his hand had touched with my fingertips.

"Do you need time to decide?"

"No."

He twisted his mouth. Just by looking at his expression, it seems like his judgment has been distorted, but in fact, he is probably very excited right now.

Icarus had that kind of personality. He liked honest people about their desires.

And he gets excited when someone like that even challenges him.

'As expected, he's psycho...'

Why did the tears of the World Tree fall into the hands of that person?

"Come here."

He pointed to my right hand and gestured. I held out my hand a little hesitantly.

Then I heard the sound of something catching and my vision shook.

"Wait, what..."

I bit my lower lip and suppressed the dizziness. The cause of my dizziness was the opaque white bracelet I wore around my wrist. 

Icarus, whose eyes met, laughed softly.

"Whether you are a wizard or not, everyone has something called mana. In the temple world, do they call it sacred power? Well, it depends on what you call it. Anyway, I need that to know how you have magic resistance."

He adjusted his bracelet. Then my stomach calmed down a bit and I could breathe easier.

I took a deep breath and asked him.

"What is this?"

"A tool for extracting mana. I made it myself."

"Obviously, I will only grant your request if you give me the jewel first."

A voice without a trace of laughter cut me off. It was a voice as thick as a deep swamp and as gloomy as a dark basement.

When our eyes met, he spoke.

"You know I'm looking after you, right?"

My body trembled. It was an automatic reflex action. 

For a moment, I forgot about his demeanor and smiling like an innocent person. 

Icarus is a person who cannot be ignored, having splendidly rebuilt the completely fallen Magic Tower.

I pursed my lips. Icarus smiled again, probably satisfied with my change in attitude.

"Come back when the bracelet becomes completely transparent. I'll give you what you want then."

"..."

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with this.

In the end, I had no choice but to nod.


Previous            Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments