TVTLQ - Chapter 22

TVTLQ - Chapter 22

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Those who were watching the scene of the accident, muttering as the voice echoed through the space, stopped moving at the same time.

It had been so loud, but now there was a frightening silence.

Everyone was only looking at me. And within that, I opened my mouth.

"Have you seen it now?" 

With fiercely raised eyes.

"Let's deal with the accident right now. There are people watching right in front of you."

 "Yes, yes!"

"Bring a broom and sweep it right away. Be careful moving the fallen chandelier. I will leave it to you to investigate why it suddenly fell, so let's move it in its current state without destroying it any further."

 "Yes!" 

The employees who had gathered at my order began running out in search of brooms.

Do I have to do this? Ugh, really...

"And there on the second floor." 

"Yes!" 

When I called out to people who were leaning on the railing on the second floor and looking down, sporadic answers came from above. 

"Be sure to find the building inspection log for the past year and post a report by the time I return. I'll check it right away when I get back. And repairers also make a list and report it." 

"Yes! All right!"

 "And let the rest go back to your respective seats and finish what you were doing. Is it time for a break? I will not tolerate any further viewing."

"Yes!" 

The crowd of onlookers was cleared away in an instant.

I sighed and tried to brush back my flowing hair, but suddenly realized that my hands were not normal right now, so I lowered my arms shyly. Instead, I turned and approached Mr. Dominic

"Sorry. Suddenly something like this happened... I'll take you to the doctor first."

"No." 

He slowly got up from his seat and said, shaking the dust off his clothes. 

"But there may be injuries..."

"It's okay." 

Fortunately, it doesn't look like he's hurt anywhere except for the scratch on his cheek...

I was uneasy because his refusal sounded like he was withdrawing his intention to invest.

Not knowing what to do, I glanced at his cheek and Dominic chuckled. 

"I'm saying this because it's really okay. Thanks to My Lady who used his whole body to protect me, there were no serious injuries." 

"Really?"

"Yes. Then I will go back first." 

"Ah, I went to my house by carriage...!" 

"It's okay. You can go alone. Then.."

He declined the offer to take me to his home in my personal carriage, grabbed a passing carriage and left the top. 

Standing forlornly in front of the main entrance of the upper building, I let out a deep sigh.

"Ha..."

Maybe he won't come back again?

The top where this unfortunate accident occurred. We communicate well and have similar perspectives on problems, so I thought we might be a good fit.

I felt depressed because I felt like I had blown away a good opportunity that had come to me as if by fate, in a ridiculous accident.

***

Calix Altemir is an arrogant man.

He was a minor Duke of the Empire from birth and the heir to a huge merchant house.

He was more accustomed to giving orders and ruling rather than following someone's instructions.

From the beginning, it could be seen that they got along well because his closest friend was the Crown Prince of the Empire. When Calix was young, his mother was concerned about this tendency in her child. As a high-ranking aristocrat of the empire, it was not a particularly shabby part. A moderate sense of coercion can help maintain authority.

However, if the spouse-to-be had such an attitude, it could cause discord in the family.

'Are you worried for nothing, mother?

Calix truly thought so.

He had clear values regarding marriage. Marriage is a contract between families that trade with the product 'I' as bait.

So, you should proceed with someone who can help each other and provide positive stimulation.

In particular, if this contract was repeated several times, the value of the product would decrease, so it was necessary to consider it carefully from the beginning.

'I will do my best for my partner."

It was natural as it was the result of an important contract.

He had the confidence to show corresponding respect to those who satisfied his values.

In addition, when he meets a qualified person, he is confident that he will not lose sight of that person.

Calix, who left Pierre's Merchant's House, changed carriages once more and returned to the Duke's residence. 

"Are you here, Duke?" 

Before he knew it, he had returned to his original appearance without any scars, and his aide Dominic greeted him.

Dominic asked as he accepted the outerwear given to him by Calix.

"So how was it? Pierre's top."

Calix crossed the hallway without answering. It was a face that was thinking deeply about something. 

'Why aren't you saying anything?'

Could it be that he has decided to use this opportunity to bring about the downfall of the Pierre Company?

Destroying or absorbing and merging potential competitors was something that Alter Corporation had always done, so it was nothing special.

But this time, the opponent is Pierre.

Pierre was an imperial family belonging to the Duke of Altemir.

Fights over food can happen anytime and anywhere, but if it affects the political situation, it is obvious that the Emperor will look at it unfavorably.

Dominic followed Calix, feeling a bit ominous.

Calix, who thought he was going straight to the office, headed not to the office but to his room, which was connected to the bedroom.

Then he started looking hard for something in the room.

"Duke...?"

Dominic called out to Calix in a curious voice, but he remained silent.

"You were here."

After a while, what he found was a small jewelry box. A jewelry box that would be perfect to put a ring in.

Dominic, now truly sinister, asked again.

"Duke, isn't that something the former Duchess used when she was alive? Why is that suddenly..."

"Because I need it now. I plan to use it for a marriage proposal."

"Ah, a marriage proposal... Yes?!"

Dominic, startled, jumped out of his seat.

Is it true that he heard right now?

Who does what to whom?

"Did you just say you were proposing?"

"Okay."

"To whom?"

"This is Rosenia Pierre."

Dominic opened his mouth. He hadn't heard wrong.

"Are you saying this suddenly? Why, why? Did you fall in love at first sight? But today isn't the first time you've met Lady Pierre... No, love is something that comes in an instant..."

As Dominic, who was in shock, spoke gibberish, Calix clicked his tongue and sat down on a chair. 

"You should probably cut down on that nonsense."

"Isn't it you, the Duke, who is saying something strange now?"

 "When did I say I loved Lady Rosenia?"

"Yes? Ah, no, then why......."

As Dominic's eyes trembled in embarrassment, Calix sneered. In fact, when he visited Pierre today, even Calix himself had not thought that he would make such a decision.

Recently, Pierre's upper management did not have enough funds.

This is because they were hit hard by paying huge compensation and fines due to an unpleasant incident related to the delivery of Princess Penelope's wedding gift.

So, if he took this opportunity to make just the slightest scratch and push it away, he could easily bring it down.

Accordingly, he first tried to decide his future steps by briefly examining the atmosphere inside the top. Until Rosenia Pierre says something quite interesting.

'I had a feeling. I also have an eye for the market.'

Calix also came up with a creative idea that he hadn't even thought of.

Calix thought as he spoke with her.

If this woman comes to work at AIter Company, the company will definitely be able to rise to a higher level than it is now. Moreover, the sight of her giving orders and commanding people. It seemed like it would be no problem if she was immediately put in a position of heavy responsibility and made to do the work.

'But.'

Rosenia Pierre was a person who knew how to confidently assert her opinion in front of the Empress even when the top of her family fell into ruin.

Maybe it was from that moment that his eyes were drawn. As a talent who will develop Alter Company.


Previous        Next




Support Novellate!



Comments