TVTLQ - Chapter 53

TVTLQ - Chapter 53

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The trait of being a possessor has significant advantages. The biggest advantage is probably monopolizing information.

Others can greatly benefit from information they do not yet know.

I, too, was fully enjoying the sweet taste of possession. Until Icarus suddenly entered my life. 

Fluffy.

The bracelet on my wrist shook.

Although it looked ordinary on the outside, it was actually a magic tool with the function of extracting mana. Icarus himself filled it in to find out why I have magic resistance.

It is said that the more mana is contained within the bracelet, the more transparent the color becomes.

'No matter how you look at it, it's the color of yogurt mixed with plain water.'

Mine was in a state that could not be said to be transparent at all. I was impatient because only when this was completed could I obtain the tears of the World Tree.

And I wasn't the only one like that.

"This is the list of secondary gifts The imperial palace I visited after a long time."

After finishing the presentation, Princess Penelope looked at me with a passionate gaze. I don't think these passionate eyes were because they were moved by the list of gifts I had prepared.

"When on earth are we going to stop crying from the World Tree?"

She was silently asking me this. I quietly avoided her gaze. Fortunately, there were many other people here besides Penelope that I needed to focus on.

For example, Duchess Joséphine, came from the Kingdom of Borsha just yesterday to help with the Princess's wedding.

"It's okay."

Duchess Joséphine looked satisfied after checking the accessories and robes I had prepared in advance. She was the great-aunt of Princess Penelope and the Duchess of the Kingdom of Borsha.

As a senior member of the imperial family, she attended this event today on behalf of the busy Empress.

"I felt it when I saw the gift that arrived in Borsha, but it has good sense. That Lady prepared all of this."

"Yes, thank you."

"You're quite capable."

"That's too much praise."

I responded humbly to the other person's compliment. The other person was an old man over the age of Yi Sun.

It will look better to be somewhat humble rather than overconfident. 

"It doesn't look like there's much to touch on. Just make Princess Iris' clothes a little bigger than they are now."

"This is a robe that was made according to the figures given in advance. Are there any changes?" 

"Okay. The Princess is pregnant with her child."

Penelope's face hardened at Duchess Joséphine's words. It was the same for me too.

Why is it because she's pregnant? Only the Duchess, unaware of the circumstances, was calm.

"By the time the wedding takes place, I will be very full. So, make sure your arms are generous."

"Yes. All right."

I answered naturally and glanced at Penelope. Her tightly closed mouth looked anxious. And she eventually caught me after everyone had left.

"When on earth are you going to bring me something?"

The end of Princess Penelope's words trembled. It seemed like the news she heard today about Princess Borsha's pregnancy made her nervous.

The white face was almost pitiful.

I never thought things would turn out like this. I thought for a moment. Should I tell her the situation and ask for her cooperation?

She is a reasonable person, so if she knew the whole story, she could have helped me.

Although I am skeptical about the extent to which a Princess without much support can influence the magic tower lord.

'Still, I think I need to relieve her anxiety.'

It was time for me to open my mouth.

"Your Highness, Duke Altemir has come to visit."

The Princess's maid suddenly approached and delivered startling news.

Why is the Duke here?

I stiffened in shock. Penelope answered in a calm voice.

"Say I'll see him later."

"However, Your Highness, the Duke said that he has something to give to you today and that he will not go back until you meet."

The Princess frowned disapprovingly.

I was planning on wiping away the whereabouts of the World Tree's tears, but the flow was interrupted by a sudden visitor.

"It would be better if we met first."

She muttered.

"Come on in."

The door opened and Calix came into the room. It was my first time seeing him since the banquet.

"I see you, Your Highness."

For a moment, my eyes met his.

The other person had clearly come to see the Princess, but I think his gaze fell on me first.

***

After meeting Icarus, Calix had to think for quite a long time. Why is he even worried about Rosenia's safety?

Of course, it was true that she was a talent he wanted to recruit, even using marriage. However, although there were quite a few talented people in his company that he personally recruited, there was no one who was this worried about their safety.

Only Rosenia is different. Why?

At first, he felt bad because he thought she was lying to him. When Icarus said that he had never met Rosenia, he was both happy and relieved to think that she was not lying.

He thought he would be very upset if she got even a scratch.

After going through a series of accidents, Calix admitted. That he was paying more attention to Rosenia than he thought.

He wanted to make her his as soon as possible. Then, it seemed like all this strange thirst would be quenched.

And for this to happen, it was necessary to reverse the current situation.

His goal was to acquire Rosenia, not to work as Rosenia's investment advisor. It was right for Dominic to disappear after only playing the role of connecting Rosenia and Calix.

'What should I do?'

He thought that he should approach Rosenia more as Calix. If she felt pleasure from her conversation with Dominic, she should feel the same way from Calix.

When she approached Dominic, she got closer in the same way.

However, for Calix, Rosenia was a difficult person to meet. Therefore, after hearing that she was visiting the imperial palace today in connection with the second gift, I purposely came to visit.

"Lady Rosenia was also there. Good afternoon."

"Hello."

Seeing Rosenia unable to move and just rolling her eyes gave him a strange sense of satisfaction.

Today, she won't be able to escape as easily as she did during the Banquet.

He said, taking his gaze away from Rosenia.

"I'm sorry for coming to see you suddenly without contacting you."

"Okay."

Penelope answered calmly. By the time she allowed Calix to visit, she had already sorted out her feelings.

"I came with something to give you."

"Yes."

"This time, I received a good product from the place I made a deal with."

Calix handed Penelope a gift box. When she opened the luxuriously packaged box, the scent of medicinal herbs wafted in the air.

"It is a scented candle that is good for relieving fatigue and relieving tension. The bottle included a pill that is said to be good for rejuvenation. They say it's a rare specialty from Nerdan.”

"Isn't Nerdan a small kingdom on the continent of Rania? It's great to be able to trade with such a distant place. But you are not using these precious things."

"Isn't this item more necessary for Your Highness, who has more things to worry about before getting married than for me?"

"Thank you."

A faint smile appeared on Penelope's lips.

"On my way, I ran into Duchess Joséphine. She came directly from Borsha to the Empire. You seem to be very worried about the gift exchange."

"It's been a while since I had a wedding in a foreign country. But Pierre is working hard, so it's going smoothly."

"Is that so."

Calix looked at Rosenia.

When Rosenia flinched when their eyes met, Calix smiled as if to reassure her.

"It may be my first time doing this, but I feel a great sense of responsibility. Lady Rosenia is so enthusiastic about preparing for Her Highness's wedding, and I'm really looking forward to the results."

He praised the other person with full of goodwill. It was an uncommon occurrence.

Penelope, who was listening, was a little surprised and looked at Calix with a new look.

"I will just do my best not to put pressure on Your Highness."

However, Rosenia was dull. She simply answered humbly and showed no further reaction.

It was the first time she smiled.

"I'm sorry I only came here today to give you a gift, but I have to go now."

This was after Calix, who was somehow leading the conversation, finally said that he would go back.


Previous            Next

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments