TVTLQ - Chapter 54

TVTLQ - Chapter 54

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



Calix felt his stomach tighten. She was ignoring him with minimal courtesy.

Why on earth? He doesn't know why.

And this attitude of Rosenia aroused Calix's grumpiness. 

He didn't mean to bother her, but since the other person was avoiding him so blatantly, he guessed he didn't want to bother her for no reason.

"Everyone else has gone home and it looks like the report is over. Would you like Lady Rosenia to go back with me?"

"Yes?"

Rosenia's pupils trembled slightly at the sudden words. Calix realized that he had touched his opponent properly.

"I guess that's okay, Your Highness."

"Okay. You can go back together."

"Your Highness? Weren't we having a very important conversation just a little while ago?"

"I was impatient and scolded you. Try to forget it. It's definitely something that may take some time, so I'll have to wait."

"No, but...."

"Then let's go. Please rest."

Calix succeeded in leading Rosenia outside in the blink of an eye.

Rosenia, who had been attacked by the two people unintentionally, blinked in embarrassment. However, she quickly came to her wanted senses and turned around.

"Then I'll just leave first..."

"If you're not busy, why not take a short walk?"

Calix stopped Rosenia, who was about to run away again. Where is she going? 

He can't stand to see her make excuses and run away any longer.

Yeah, this felt very unpleasant. Just like the day when Rosenia, who came dressed up beautifully in a dress he had given as a gift, made an excuse and disappeared as soon as he approached her.

"It's a nice day. Let's walk a bit." 

Calix smiled softly. It was a smile of such extreme intensity that his aide praised him so much that he would surpass all 10 of them.

***

Damn you.

Damn, Calix Altemir.

I don't like everything from start to finish. No matter how much I jumped out with a ridiculous excuse last time.

Today was a day when Prince Rexed was not at the imperial palace. I deliberately checked his official schedule and chose a day when he was not around to visit the imperial palace. Because I didn't want to create a situation where I had to face the male leads like last time.

But Calix suddenly appeared and ruined my whole day.

"This is the garden of the inner palace. It is the most beautiful and elegant garden among the palace gardens, making it a favorite place for both the Crown Prince and the Princess. It's not a place you can get in and out of easily, but it'll be okay if you stay with me." 

"Yes."

He even committed the atrocity of dragging me to Rexed's secret garden.

Why is he doing this? 

Calix knows that Rexed hates me.

What if I crash into a Rexed that has returned home unluckily?

Fuck you.

It was the same as before. He quietly singled me out in front of Princess Penelope. 

The saying that responsibility is great. On the surface, it may seem like just a compliment, but it wasn't the sentiment that Calix would have for me.

This is because I once pretended to hand over the business rights to Calix and Dominic to confirm that they were the same person.

A woman who tried to sell the top of her family has a great sense of responsibility?

Perhaps because he was an aristocrat, his sarcastic remarks were classy.

"It seemed like you had a lot of concerns about the matter, but now you seem to have made up your mind."

"Yes." 

Calix brought up the topic like a ghost. As expected, he was surprised that I changed my words midway through.

I already apologized once in a letter, but I guess that wasn't enough. I responded as calmly as possible.

"There were a lot of rude comments that day. I was immature. I told you in a letter, but I think I felt a lot of pressure at the thought of having to take on all the work at the top instead of my brother."

"I see."

"Yes. In that sense, I am sorry, but I hope you will consider that there was no request that day. I'm going to try harder from now on."

I could feel the other person's gaze, but I stubbornly walked forward looking only.

Where is the exit?

I want to leave quickly.

"It seems that Her Highness the Princess is very satisfied with the gift prepared by Pierre."

Calix, who was following, spoke again.

I expressed my modesty.

"I'm very immature, but it seems like they viewed me favorably. I am grateful."

"What kind of second offering was prepared? I don't know the details. Can you explain?"

 As I was walking through the garden, I paused for a moment. What is your purpose in asking that?

If I tell you, will Alter Company put that product on the market first and take the lead in supply?

Although Pierre is smaller in weight class than Alter, we are still a competitor in the market. But why are you asking this question out loud?

It was truly shameless, arrogant, and unpleasant at the same time.

I, and Pierre, are assuming that even if he were to ask me something like this, I wouldn't even be able to say anything. "Of course." But I didn't avoid the fight my opponent started.

Anyway, the gift list was revealed to Penelope and members of the imperial family today. With Calix's information power, he should be able to obtain the list right away, even this evening.

I clearly knew the future, so there was no need to be cautious and refuse.

It would be better for me to speak first and catch the other person off guard. I explained briefly what people already know.

Calix said after hearing my entire explanation.

"The composition is good. The delicacy stands out."

It was a compliment, but I felt uncomfortable. I would have been really happy if Dominic had said the same thing. Calix somehow felt like he had a plan.

Sure enough, he made a startling sound. 

"I'd like to talk a little more, what do you think? Going to have a meal together? I know a good place where Lady will be happy." 

"I'm sorry, but I'm busy today."

I declined without thinking twice. 

Dining with Calix? 

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Then Calix spoke.

"Then...." 

"I'm busy that day."

"I haven't even said anything yet."

Oh, mistake.

Calix's eyes narrowed. I came up with an excuse to make it look as awkward as possible. 

"I have no time to spare because Her Highness the Princess has entrusted me with a task."

But Calix's gaze still stung. The face seems to be asking if that is the end. Ugh, I can't help it. There is no choice but to show off the specialties of Koreans.

"Let's eat next time."

It means not to eat.

"When exactly is next?" 

But Calix, who is not Korean, persisted. What, why are you taking it so seriously?

Are you really going to eat with me?

I feel like I'm being honest.

"Next year......."

"Next year?" 

"Oh, no. next month..."

"Next month?"

I swallowed hard. Why do you keep repeating what I say? Awfully. 

"No. Just kidding. Maybe next weekend will be fine, haha." 

"Good. I look forward to your letter." 

He finally took a step back after making an appointment for next week. Wow, really.

When I get back to the top, I need to make a plan to run away right away.

***

Of course, I had no intention of having a meal with Calix. You said you'd see me next week? 

Something is scheduled for next week. In other words, from the beginning, the only thought was to make a fat throw.

A few days later, the news I had been waiting for arrived. Of course, I had no intention of having a meal with Calix. 

"It is said that in the early morning of this morning, the people wearing the impressive clothes mentioned by the Vice President passed through the castle gate."

I smiled in satisfaction at Annie's words. I thought we'd hear about it soon since Duchess Josephine arrived last week.

It came sooner than expected.

"People?" 

"They say there were three people in total."

"First of all, it looks like only some of them came in. There's no way that number of people are all there."

My eyes turned to the report on the desk. It was a document that had been requested from the Information Guild.

While I was instructing Blanc to make a dress the other day, I also secretly interrogated a person. I remember the approximate location, but I don't know the exact name. Then the Information Guild brought me the information I needed.

"Of course money is good."

This investigation will be completed in an instant. And just then, the person I was waiting for also arrived in the capital.

"Send someone to Dentz right now. I'll come visit you tomorrow afternoon, so get ready."


Previous            Next

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments