Noelier decided to calmly watch this nightmare.
This could no longer be a nightmare for him.
The dream was always the same.
Noelier from the previous life resisted fiercely.
However, the figure who approached undeterred reached out a hand toward him.
Soon, a familiar cold seeps into his body.
He knew the owner of this coldness. Then.
The person in front of him was clearly Eve from his past life.
The dream continued as Noelier thought that he must be repeating the same scene over and over again because she had stolen his heart.
[...Who are you?]
Noelier from the past life was attached.
[...What is your name?]
The figure, who had been hesitating as if wavering, finally opened her mouth after a long while.
[My name is...]
It was then that Noelier's face hardened as he watched the dream.
Did I hear it wrong?
Surely, the name is...
Just as he thought that, a black fog rolled in from afar.
The figure in the dream vanished, and the fog swallowed Noelier, who was left all alone.
[Keep your promise.]
[Otherwise, you can't escape.]
[Keep your promise.]
Repetitive words poured down over his head.
Noelier raised his trembling hands and covered his ears.
But the voice continued to torment him. The nightmare was growing larger and larger.
This was his first dream like this.
As he gasped for breath in agony, he saw a figure in the distance.
Eve.
It was Eve, his Sabbath.
Noelier staggered to his feet and ran toward her.
Noelier let out a hurried breath and grabbed her wrist.
Then, he embraced Eve in an instant. She was his only solace. It was clear that this nightmare would disappear as long as she was there.
However, the moment he grabbed her, tremendous heat began to rise. At the same time, Eve's form began to fade.
As if burning, slowly.
No, no.
Noelier muttered blankly.
He hurriedly reached out his hand, but all that remained in his palm was a pile of burnt ashes.
His fire ended up killing his loved one once again.
The moment he realized it, his world crumbled. The ground beneath his feet slowly shattered. It turned to ash and scattered. Everything vanished, and in the place left behind, a nightmare gaped open.
Noelier fell helplessly into that nightmare.
From darkness to darkness.
Noelier was falling toward the end of the world.
"...El."
Just then, a familiar voice was heard.
Noelier opened his eyes wide.
But he could see nothing in the dark nightmare.
Where are you?
Where are you?
He hurriedly looked around.
"Noel."
The voice grew closer again. A chill surged into his body through his arm.
Then, the mind that had lost its reason began to run wild.
More. More cold was needed.
The blood flowing through his body was shouting for him to grab it quickly.
Hold on. Don't let go this time. Devour it. Take what is yours.
An unknown voice took over his head.
I had to follow that voice. Only then would I be able to cool down this tremendous heat.
At that moment, a ray of light came into view beyond the darkness.
Noelier reached out his hand toward the light. The cold seeped tightly into his body.
"...Noel?"
Just then, a clear voice pierced his ears. Noelier opened his eyes wide.
His vision, which had seemed to have gone completely dark, slowly began to return. The hazy curtain lifted, and a clear figure came into view.
Eve was looking at him with surprised eyes.
"... Eve?"
Noelier looked down at her and muttered blankly.
He was holding Eve's shoulders and pinning her deep onto the bed.
A hollow breath lingered in his mouth. He felt like a beast with its tongue severed.
Noelier did not realize what he was doing.
"...Noel."
However, at the sound of Eve's voice, he quickly came back to his senses. Noelier hurriedly pulled away from her side.
"Th-this, this, this is... I mean..."
He covered the corners of his mouth with his large hand, as if he could not believe his own actions, and stammered as he continued speaking.
"I'm sorry. I had a dream, I mean, a nightmare, and it was a really terrible dream..."
Noelier's eyes wavered, unable to find a clear direction.
"I... I can't control myself..."
“Noel.”
"I am sorry. I will be more careful in the future..."
“Noel!”
She called Noelier's name in a firm voice.
Noelier's mouth, which had been moving on its own, suddenly stopped.
"Just calm down for now. I'm fine."
"..."
"I'm not angry. So, first, calm down."
Eve slowly rose from her seat. As she cautiously approached Noelier, he flinched. It was a reflexive alert.
She slowly reached out her hand toward Noelier.
Eve's hand touched his cheek. As if waiting for it, the heat inside his body absorbed her coldness. He involuntarily took a deep breath.
"Shh... calm down."
Eve met his eyes and continued speaking in a soft voice.
"Just like Noel said, it's a dream. I was just startled for a moment. Everything is fine."
Noelier, who had been looking at her with trembling eyes, slowly closed his eyes.
"Breathe slowly and relax."
He followed Eve's instructions and breathed in and out.
His heart, which had been beating wildly, gradually began to return to its normal rhythm.
Seeing that he seemed to have regained his composure, Eve carefully hugged Noelier.
The cool chill calmed his boiling blood. He let out a trembling breath and embraced Eve.
It was a suffocatingly strong force, but Eve quietly patted his back.
How much time had passed? Eve cautiously checked on his condition.
Eve cautiously checked on his condition, wondering how much time had passed.
"Are you feeling a bit calmer now?"
"..."
Noelier nodded slowly.
"May I ask what kind of dream it was?'
Noelier parted his red lips.
"Just..."
He hesitated as if choosing his words, and after a long while, he finally spoke.
“It was a nightmare.”
That was the end of Noelier's answer.
Eve did not bother to ask any further questions. Holding him in her arms again, she stroked his back.
Even if he held her like this, she would not disappear.
This place was reality. It was not a terrible nightmare.
The arms holding Eve tightened.
Noelier buried his face in the nape of her neck.
***
Even though it had been quite a while since he had settled down, Noelier had no intention of leaving my side.
"Are you going to stay like this?"
Noelier nodded at my playful question.
"I don't want to fall."
"Then are you going to stay like this for the rest of your life?"
“...If possible.”
I chuckled at the childish tone.
As I gently stroked his head, I suddenly saw the restraint around his neck.
It was only then that I realized my mistake.
Exhausted from various things, I fell asleep yesterday without being able to imprint.
'It's the most important thing!'
I carefully pulled him away from my side. Noelier's face was clouded with disappointment, but it couldn't be helped
I wanted to show this quickly.
As I rummaged through my pockets, I found a key smaller than a finger joint.
"Here!"
I showed him the key with a proud look on my face.
"I got it from my grandfather."
Noelier's eyes briefly wavered upon finding the key.
"Now we can imprint with this. Then Noel won't have to suffer anymore."
"..."
Noelier couldn't say a word at my words. He seemed quite surprised.
Noelier, who had been staring at the key, spoke after a long while.
“Thank you, Eve.”
A gentle smile played on his lips.
"I can't even imagine what would have happened if I hadn't met Eve."
“This is how we met just now.”
I smiled proudly.
"You don't have to be anxious anymore. I'll be by Noel's side forever."
"..."
"Shall we imprint now?"
Then, Noelier met my eyes without a word. He was still smiling. It was just as I was about to smile back at him.
“...It’s difficult right now.”
"... Yes?"
However, I couldn't laugh at the unexpected remark.
Not now? Why?
As my face flushed with shock, Noelier spoke with a troubled expression.
"As Eve knows, I am currently unable to handle my power. I can feel my magical energy is unstable. If I remove the restraints now, I will go berserk."
"But if I'm here, it's possible. Because I can control Noel's fire..."
However, Noelier shook his head.
"Even that may go uncontrollable when imprinting. I am afraid my fire might hurt Eve."
“Then when?”
"When my magical power has completely subsided, I will tell you then."
"But..."
To think I can't engrave it even though the key is right in front of me.
As my face blurred, Noelier kissed my cheek to soothe me.
"You don't have to be too impatient, Eve."
"I'm telling you, every second counts."
A curt voice slipped out of my frustration, even though Noelier must be the one most upset.
"I apologize. I will calm it down as soon as possible."
Noelier said that and hugged me.
It felt like I had missed the finish line right before my eyes, even though the summit was just one step away.
I pouted and buried my face in his chest.
"We need to calm it down quickly."
"All right."
Noelier turned his head and kissed my ear.
It seemed the talk of unstable magical power was true. The heat surrounding me was intensifying.
Hoping my strength would reach him, I put a lot of force into the words I held.
Previous Next

Comments
Post a Comment