Firebird.
The reason I mentioned feathers to Isar earlier was that the Phoenix has a unique ability.
This monster, called a firebird but also known as a phoenix, has healing abilities.
Just as the phoenix itself symbolizes eternal life, it returns to an egg from the fire and is reborn, living on endlessly.
'The reason Isar wanted the phoenix egg in the first place must have been that he wanted to keep a creature by his side that wouldn't die for a long time, just like himself.'
If you burn the phoenix's feather, healing power is generated from it. And if you use this, simple injuries are healed quickly.
Also, among the healing potions Isar made in the original work, the most effective one was the version containing Apricot's feather.
Just then, Carcel asked me back.
"A phoenix? Isn't that one of the monsters? It's such a rare creature that there are no records of it in modern times."
"That's right. Actually, I happened to receive a feather as a gift a while ago."
Since I thought Carcel would find out later anyway, I mentioned everything except that Isar had given it.
Above all, deep down, I also wanted to let him know in advance that the Phoenix was a good monster.
I carefully examined his arm, which was red from the burn, and made a suggestion.
"Can I try it just once? I won't let you get hurt."
I grabbed Carcel's arm and asked.
Carcel nodded without hesitation, as if he wasn't even in pain.
"If Asha wants it, as much as you want."
***
"The disinfection is finished, so I'll get started now."
Sitting on the bed, I firmly resolved to hold the feather and the candle.
Linea and Lucian became close with Apricot and received a feather as a gift, which Linea used to heal Lucian's injury.
'It is a story from way back now, though.'
It did not cure all injuries, but it was mainly effective for external injuries and detoxification.
My hands trembled at the thought that I absolutely must not hurt Carcel.
Then he laughed softly.
"Asha, just do it without worrying. What is it if I get a little burn?"
"You mustn't get burned, of course!"
He hasn't been taking getting hurt seriously since last time.
It was different for me.
No matter how strong Carcel is, pain is still pain.
In the end, just as Linea had done, I took a feather and lit it on the wound with a candle.
I was about to put out the fire immediately if it didn't work.
However, contrary to my expectations, as soon as the feather caught fire, it began to sparkle like starlight and turn into thin particles.
Powders shining like stars rather than ash settled on Carcel's wound.
“Does it hurt?”
Just in case, I asked Carcel, but he shook his head without a single change in expression.
"Thank god."
Only then did I feel relieved. I placed the candle on the table and turned back to look down at the affected area.
The burn began to heal instantly.
White lines spread out like a snowflake pattern over skin that looked as if it had been tanned by intense sunlight.
And wherever the line passed, the skin instantly regained its original smoothness and color.
"Wow, even though the burn wasn't severe, it healed instantly. Was it hot or anything?"
"I'm fine."
Carcel shook his head at me, who was asking worriedly.
I nodded with a sigh of relief.
"If you get hurt in the future, come to me. I'll fix everything for you."
“Asha?”
"If all else fails, hand the feather over to Isar and ask him to make a potion."
Carcel shouldn't have taken getting hurt for granted either.
"Carcel is sometimes overly insensitive to pain. It’s probably because you're used to it since childhood."
I shook my head while stroking Carcel's healed skin.
"You are not alone anymore, so take care of yourself, and if you get hurt, make sure to get treated quickly."
"..."
"Yes?"
I sent an answer to him, but he did not answer.
Then, he let out a chuckle after staring at me for a while with a look of bewilderment.
“I will.”
"It doesn't hurt anymore, right?'
As I touched his skin and asked, Carcel eventually pushed his hair back with the hand that wasn't in my grasp.
"Not at all."
For some reason, his voice became lower.
I nodded at that hushed, low voice.
“Then I’m glad.”
“Asha.”
"Yes?"
"But it hurts a little here."
Were there any other injuries?
I hurriedly raised my head and asked seriously.
“Where?”
Carcel looked down at me and tapped his lips.
It was an obvious trick.
I snorted in disbelief.
“Really.”
Even so, I didn't dislike it, so I eventually got up and kissed him.
Smooch!
“Okay?”
It was just as I was about to pull away while saying that.
He gently wrapped his arms around the back of my neck in an instant and kissed me again.
I felt a sensation of heat as his lips, burning as if they had been burned, touched mine.
It felt like my lips were drying up.
Today, something else was mixed into the kiss that had previously been filled only with Carcel's affection.
That burning passion that seemed to be yearning.
I had no choice but to be led along.
It was only after quite a while that Carcel's lips pulled away from me.
But today, I was short of breath, so I let out a sigh.
The damp and hot breath stung.
I was overwhelmed by a tingling sensation all the way to the top of my head and dizziness due to the excitement from the heat.
Carcel laughed softly as he wiped my lips with his thumb.
"Asha's face looks even redder today."
"Isn't it a gentleman's courtesy to pretend not to notice something like that?"
"Where is the gentleman on the bed?"
At those words, my face flushed even brighter without me realizing it.
"Th-then I'll get out of bed!"
Shaking off his hand, I hurriedly thrashed away from the bed.
Instead of chasing me, Carcel merely gave a narrow smile.
He pulled the shirt that was constricting his neck with his fingertips to loosen it.
Carcel also looked frustrated.
However, the gaze directed at me was intense, as if it were about to devour me.
At that, I was desperate to hide my embarrassment.
The words I shouted before I could even fully swallow my bewilderment were.
"I, I'm hungry!"
In the end, it was such a lame excuse.
However, Carcel's gaze changed instantly.
"Asha, you must not have had a proper meal today either, having been worried all day. I'm sorry."
"No problem. Just... yes."
Actually, my head feels all messed up right now, so I don't even know if I'm hungry.
Carcel shook his head in a self-reproachful tone.
"I will go immediately and have the meal brought out."
He got up and approached me.
Then, he looked down at me for a moment and chuckled.
“Asha.”
"Yes?"
"Don't be nervous."
Wouldn't you be nervous if it were you!
However, it wasn't that I disliked this inexplicable, stinging, and taut tension that I was experiencing for the first time.
I keep running out of breath, and my legs are trembling, making me want to run away, yet...
'Carcel is so handsome, it's hard to take my eyes off him!'
I was extremely ashamed.
"Then, shall we go have dinner together?"
I placed my hand on his outstretched arm without a word.
I could feel the firm muscles moving gracefully beneath Carcel's skin.
I was more conscious of him today than usual, so I bit my lip tightly.
My heart was pounding so hard that my thoughts were all jumbled together.
Even though I said I was hungry, I couldn't even eat a few spoonfuls in the dining room.
I felt like my entire attention was focused solely on Carcel, who happened to be sitting next to me, because of his body scent and handsome face.
It was overwhelming just to meet Carcel's gaze every time he spoke.
I keep realizing that he is definitely a sensual and handsome man.
"...Asha?"
It was only then that I came back to my senses at his question, which he asked me with a puzzled look.
"Yes!"
“Are you okay?”
Carcel didn't know anything and seemed to be worried about me instead.
'You're the one who messed it up!'
He treats me without a shred of shame, so why am I the only one out of breath?
It was a little unfair.
Even so, I couldn't help but feel my cheeks burning and be conscious of Carcel.
"The chef, Luke, was wondering what kind of ribbon to tie on the orange confit tomorrow. Has Asha decided?"
"Orange confit? Why a ribbon?"
When I was confused by his sudden remark, Carcel explained it to me step by step.
"It is because during the spring festival every year, chocolate-covered orange confit is given to the person you cherish the most. Does Asha dislike it by any chance?"
Previous Next
Support Novellate!


Comments
Post a Comment