Attention!!

Please do not copy and repost series from Novellatte. Please ask for permission first. Let's respect each other.

WMHMS - Chapter 101




“For now.”

Saying that, I opened the letter the Grand Duchess had sent with a knife.

"It's a salon invitation, just as I expected. They say there's a small party at the salon next week."

"It is probably a simple party where various intellectuals, artists, and aristocrats gather to drink while concealing their identities."

"It doesn't seem like a strange party, contrary to what I thought."

I also have absolutely no intention of trusting Idelin.

Grand Duke Dischlie has already chosen his son, and since they are family, the Grand Duchess's options are also limited.

'Still, it is a bit strange. Normally, at this time of year, there wouldn't be any need to move urgently enough to blow up an observation deck.'

I carried it out as a last resort because assassinations had failed several times in the past.

It was the taste of Lucian, who had grown little by little with Linea's help at the time, starting to receive support from the people.

Of course, even that plan was somewhat clumsy, but...

'No, considering they stormed the inner palace, it wasn't that they were incompetent; they simply had no intention of creating any possibility for the assassins to survive in the first place.'

But to think they were so careless while carrying out such a massive plan as the assassination of the royal family.

Was it Grand Duke Dischlie's plan, or was it a plan devised by an insider?

Either way, the top priority was ultimately to obtain information from an insider.

'I must catch the insider at my wedding in advance, and make thorough preparations to ensure the Princess does not die in an accident on the Day of Peace.'

Having finished thinking, I answered Carcel.

"I know that the Grand Duchess's invitation isn't entirely positive, either."

“Would you like to go even if you knew that?”

"If they intended to hurt me right away, they wouldn't have invited me. They probably want to get close to me because they need me, too."

It would be a problem if I became close to her without any boundaries, but I reassured Carcel.

"I’ll talk to the Grand Duchess and find out why she’s trying to get closer to me."

"Absolutely do not eat or drink anything they give you."

"That's what I intend to do. I know where the poison is."

I nodded, keeping in mind the possibility that the Grand Duchess was an accomplice of the Grand Duke.

"Can't Carcel go with me?"

Carcel awkwardly gestured toward the invitation I had laid out.

"The salon belongs to Baron Belmand, so although my people are inside, I cannot enter because I do not have an invitation."

"The Grand Duchess gave only one bill in my name..."

"It probably means they want Asha to come."

It's been a long time since I went to a social event alone without Carcel.

I kept reassuring him, who was uncharacteristically anxious.

"Don't worry too much."

"It’s not that I’m worried about Asha."

"Sure?"

"You're worried about me, aren't you?"

Carcel said to me playfully for no reason.

"Do you know that I've developed separation anxiety lately?"

"Are you a puppy? It will cause separation anxiety."

I knew that recently Carcel had been desperately trying to make time to be with me somehow.

Moreover, although he claimed to have abolished overtime work, even when other aides went home, he reviewed documents in his spare time at home.

On top of that, he even attended a social event.

And yet, he never once showed a tired or weary face.

I smiled meaningfully at Carcel because I found that endearing.

"Why, why are you doing this?"

“What is it?”

"It feels like you are tempting me tremendously right now."

"It’s not a temptation, but it seems like Carcel is having an even harder time because of us these days. You're busy enough as it is."

As I reached out my hand, Carcel readily grabbed it.

"I haven't suffered at all. If Asha and Linea want, you can call me anytime."

Holding hands tightly, I narrowed my eyebrows.

"Thank you."

"...It is a relief that it is not nighttime."

"Why? What do you plan to do at night? Carcel doesn't intend to do anything more anyway, do you?"

The maximum is a kiss.

Of course... I am a little curious. About what comes after that, too.

My heart tingled whenever I recalled the passionate gaze of Carcel, who had lost his reason and was burrowing deeper and deeper into me in craving.

At times like that, he wasn't just the gentle Carcel, but seemed like a very fierce and sensual stranger.

However, I wasn't fully mentally prepared yet, so I couldn't bring myself to move forward.

'Since everything is new to Carcel for him too, wouldn't he be similar to me? Not all men are made up from the start, you know.'

Of course, Carcel had said something like that to me before.

- If you knew what I wanted to do to Asha, you wouldn't have been able to do this.

However, right after that, I had a nosebleed, and even afterwards, I kept bleeding whenever physical contact got even a little deeper.

'Isn't it a bit early?'

At my words, Carcel forced a smile, pulling only the corners of his mouth.

Then, he pulled the shirt that was constricting his neck to loosen it.

In an instant, his gaze grew languid, and he nodded slightly.

"Well... Asha, that is all you need to know."

The brief silence, which seemed to encapsulate a tremendous amount of meaning, was somehow secretive.

'Surely Carcel... has he already mentally prepared himself?!'

However, as if nothing had happened, Carcel's gaze had become polite again.

"Hmm. For now, may I go treat Princess Amira's cat for a moment this evening?"

"Have you become close with Princess Amira in the meantime?"

"I don't think it would hurt to get close to them. Do you happen to know anything about Princess Amira and Princess Safiya?"

In response to my question, Carcel rattled off information one after another as if he had prepared it.

"The two are sisters born of the same mother. Also, I understand that Princess Amira is inscrutable and has only a few close friends."

Then he continued speaking.

"Ah. And I heard that she is studying the Imperial language and preparing for the entrance exam because she wants to enter the Academy."

She seems to have a strong desire to learn.

"Then what about Princess Safiya?"

"Unlike her older sister, she is sociable and cheerful. She is fluent in Imperial."

He spoke to me.

"I understand that she frequents salons as well."

"We might meet there, then?"

"That is probably the case. And although she is quite close with Baron Belmand, the Baron actually tends to be friendly with most women."

Carcel's brow furrowed deeply in an instant, wondering what he was thinking.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

"Baron Belmand must really hate it."

"Do not talk to the Baron for too long in the salon."

“Are you jealous?”

"..."

I bit my lip at Carcel's silence.

And threw a provocation at him.

"I guess he was a handsome man with a completely different vibe from Carcel, wasn't he?"

***

At those words, Carcel felt displeased, as if Baron Belman's giggling face was flashing through his mind.

'Should I just bury it?'

I wanted to get that slick face out of Asha's sight forever.

"...Is that the kind of man Asha likes?"

"Hmm. You mean the kind of guy who seems like he would take at least ten women to the same date spot and do the exact same thing for them?"

Asha continued speaking scathingly with a bright smile on her face.

"And a smooth-talking playboy like that, who has nothing to offer but his face, always saying things like 'This is the first time I've done this with you'?"

“Well, it’s similar.”

"My preferred keywords are obsession, scheming, and villainous, but I prefer a man who is sweet only to the female lead. Oh, and I also like the virgin keyword, so I don't really like guys like that."

Sometimes Asha said things that were hard to understand.

But this wasn't a big problem for Carcel.

Because Asha, who had been rambling on, beautifully crinkled her eyes and gave a soft smile.

At that single laugh, Carcel's heart went on strike.

As his breathing grew increasingly ragged, Carcel covered the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand and turned his head slightly.

'Why is it so cute!'

Carcel nodded, swept up in a strange urge to suddenly smash something.

"I don't know what the keywords mean, but let me make one thing clear: I am a virgin!"

He was the very man Asha wanted!

"I know, Carcel."

“Do you see it?”


Previous                    Next



Support Novellate!

Buy Me A Coffee

Comments