"What?"
"According to the information, they headed south with a servant. Of course, the two still haven't returned."
"Okay?"
Ryan's eyes narrowed.
Miya quickly continued speaking.
"The leader of the North hasn't returned either, so I can't guarantee that I will return safely, can I?"
"So that's why you're telling me in advance."
"Yes. Fortunately, I am not the wolf that you despise so much. If you step forward, Leader, we might be able to escape death. You can verify the facts at your leisure, and I will obtain the information; I think it is not a bad proposal."
Miya smiled sweetly. It was a captivating smile, befitting a cat beastkin.
"Yeah. Not bad."
Ryan nodded. Miya, who had closed a new deal again today, stood up from her seat and bowed politely.
"However, if what you say is true, you should be careful."
Her footsteps stopped at the sound of the words. Miya turned her head and looked at her.
"If it is enough to make the leader of the South lose his temper, it must mean his ability is tremendous."
Ryan spoke as if giving a warning. Her husband also nodded in agreement. Miya smiled sweetly.
“Don’t worry.”
Miya left the castle with a bow. With safety measures in place, all that remained was to verify the facts.
Her heart was pounding wildly. Miya smoothed her cat whiskers that were about to stand on end.
'Let's have fun earning money again today!'
I like money!
Miya, having internalized the family motto, headed straight for the south.
***
Upon arriving in the south, Miya immediately hid in the bushes.
She was able to locate this cave through information obtained by paying a price.
True to her nature as a cat beastkin, Miya crawled through the cave with agile movements.
Before long, the end came into view. Miya emerged from the cave, inhaling the scent of flowers.
"Oh."
Miya whistled softly. Unlike the desolate West, the surroundings were full of flowers.
'It would sell well if I took it to the West.'
Miya, who had been calculating the price, came back to her senses.
This is not the time to be doing this. She had to check the rumors immediately.
Miya rummaged through her pockets.
What she brought was a rare herb that turns people into beasts just by eating it.
It was the so-called Instinct Herb, a flagship product of the Tuna family.
This was also something Miya personally jumped into developing and creating.
Westerners, ready to sacrifice their lives for wild beauty, bought this herb without exception. It was to remember their instincts.
However, no matter how medicinal the herb is, tolerance is bound to develop if taken for a long time.
What Miya brought was a product that had been reproduced, with its shortcomings compensated for as much as possible.
'In other words, it means it can maintain its appearance for a long time.'
There were many cat-human hybrids in the South as well.
It was a good opportunity to mix properly.
Miya poured all the herbs she had brought into her mouth. She had to eat this much to stay infiltrated for a long time.
Miya, now a cat, looked around. Far away, she saw a small puddle. Miya ran toward it.
A patterned cat with black fur and white socks was reflected in the water.
Miya stroked the triangular fur on her chest with a cotton swab. A gasp of admiration escaped her naturally as she looked at her glossy black fur.
'Perfect!'
Miya moved her feet quickly. There was a mountain of things to figure out.
Thanks to transforming into a cat, her movements were even more agile.
She wandered around the southern castle gathering information.
However... no matter how much she went around and around, she couldn’t find any ‘useful’ information.
If there was anything unique about it, it was that the dragons tend to the apple trees with exceptional care. That was about it.
'Was it a false rumor?'
Miya shook her head vigorously to shake off distracting thoughts.
Let's investigate harder.
Thinking that, she moved her feet. However, the southern castle was peaceful. Neither the vanished leader of the North nor that 'pregnant woman' were to be seen.
Why are you so quiet!
Meow!
An angry shout rang out cutely.
Miya, who had been huffing and puffing for quite a while, slumped her body limply.
'It can't be helped. I have no choice but to go back for now.'
It was just as Miya was about to turn around. A shadow fell over the cat's head.
'I didn't sense a single sign!'
Miya, startled, moved her feet quickly. But the shadow was faster. The owner of the shadow picked Miya up.
'Let go of me!'
Wow!
Miya resisted strongly, but the blue-eyed boy did not budge.
"Wow!"
The silver-haired boy let out a gasp.
"I've never seen anyone this cute!"
At the honest tone, Miya stopped her wildly moving front paws.
'I am kind of pretty, aren't I?'
But you can't tempt me with those words! Miya decided to use her trump card.
It was the cat's special skill: stretching its body out.
As the body stretched out endlessly, the shadow—that is, the blue-eyed boy—was startled.
"What's wrong with your body? Are you sick?"
'I'm not in pain! I'm trying to run away!'
"Uh, what should I do? Should I take you to my sister? Your, your body..."
The blue-eyed boy fidgeted restlessly as he watched Miya's limp body. His large, shining eyes were filled with worry.
'...Hmph. I won't fall for that kind of trick.'
Miya stretched out her body and began to thrash about. At that, the boy scrambled and lifted Miya up.
"I'm sorry. I think it's because I touched it. I'm sorry..."
The boy pouted. Then, his drooping mouth twitched.
'Surely you're not crying!'
Oh my!
Miya jumped up. She just wanted to run away; she had no intention of making the child cry.
'Damn it, nothing I can do.'
Miya decided to show great generosity.
The struggling stopped. The body, which had been stretched out, returned to its normal state to some extent as Miya lifted her leg.
"Huh? It doesn't hurt anymore?"
Meowm
"Really?"
Wooooow.
"Thank god!"
The boy's face flushed brightly. Hmph. Not bad. Miya turned her head away coyly.
"Where did you come from? I came with my sister. Hmm. Ruby, I came with her brother too, but I don't see him much these days, and my sister is really sulking. She just keeps reading books."
Meow, meow.
"So I went out for a walk with Ruby and Ed, but... I can't see them. They left me behind again and went somewhere."
His excited face quickly turned gloomy.
Miya did not like that face. It was because she quite liked the boy's smiling face.
'I really wouldn't do anything that doesn't make money.'
Miya decided to be generous just this once.
Miya lifted her front paw, wearing a white sock, and tapped the boy's hand.
“Hmm?”
The boy's eyes opened wide.
Miya looked up at the boy and raised her chin.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
It was a choice.
***
I let out a sigh. The more I read, the more my head ached. I blinked my stiff eyes and looked around. There was a huge pile of books that I had opened many times.
After finishing countless books, I realized one thing.
'There is a lack of information about the legend.'
There were limitations to books. It was difficult to determine where the truth ended and the falsehood began.
I leaned deep into the chair. I stared blankly at the ceiling. As the words pouring down before my eyes suddenly stopped, I felt as though my head were empty.
It wasn't good. Whenever this happens, always
'Noelier.'
Because he came to mind.
The face that smiled kindly, the way his eyes curved beautifully, and even the way he blushed whenever our hands touched came to mind one by one.
And at the end...
Even the way he heartlessly pulled his hand away.
'Ugh! Don't think about it anymore!'
I waved my hands in the air. The more I thought about it, the more depressed I became.
...Actually, that made it even stranger. Why is it depressing that he is avoiding me?
'No matter how much I think about it, I don't understand.'
I let out deep sighs, like someone wishing their lungs would shrivel.
Just then, the sound of someone running from afar was heard.
With a crashing sound, Zion burst in.
"Sister! Sister!"
Zion's eyes were full of vitality. I looked at Zion with a bewildered expression.
"Look at this, sis!"
In Zion's arms was something black and white. I blinked as if I couldn't believe it. That is...
"Cat?"
“Is his name Cat?”
"Hey, where did you pick this up again?"
I looked at the cat with surprised eyes.
The ball of cotton looked exactly like they were wearing white socks. On the chest area, white fur was nestled in the middle of the black fur, as if wearing a tuxedo.
"Isn't it cute? Huh? It's cute, right, big sister?"
"Uh-huh, it is cute, but..."
My hand reached out without me realizing it. I thought it would feel really good to touch the pink jelly hidden inside that sock.
Meow!
However, the cat moved its paw and hit my hand.
The cat turned its head and scurried into Zion's arms.
Previous Next
Support Novellate!


Comments
Post a Comment