Attention!!

Please do not copy and repost series from Novellatte. Please ask for permission first. Let's respect each other.

TFLCM - Chapter 65




Noelier gently lifted her into his arms. Eve quietly wrapped her arms around his neck. Perhaps because they were being held close, the warmth penetrating their bodies was intense.

Feeling good, Eve thought at the same time.

"Wow!"

"Um... that is..."

Everyone in the kitchen gaped in amazement.

That thing sticking out above Eve's head. That is definitely...!

“Wolf, wolf...!”

One of the beastmen muttered in a surprised voice.

At that moment, two pairs of red eyes met the beastman who had dared to utter those words. Upon seeing those terrifying eyes, his mouth snapped shut involuntarily.

“Ugh.”

Eve whined as if asking why she was just sitting still. It was because she felt it would be perfect to fall asleep in this mood.

As if nothing had happened, Noelier patted Eve's back and left the kitchen.

At that time, the beastmen were still trembling.

"Ha."

Their other master, Rachel, stood before them. Rachel spoke with an angelic smile.

"Shall we talk about what we just saw?"

***

The castle corridor was quiet as darkness descended. The pouring moonlight cast a single shadow. Something long and slender was swaying continuously.

Now, Eve had shown not only her ears but also her tail. Noelier chuckled at the sight of the moving tail and cautiously opened the door.

He tried to take her to Zion's room, but if Zion saw Eve in her current state, he would probably cause a huge commotion.

Then Eve would be surprised. No. Since she is drunk, she might even burst into tears.

Even treating her like gold and jade wouldn't be enough, so he couldn't make her shed tears.

Just then, Eve rubbed her cheek against his neck as if throwing a tantrum in her sleep. The hand holding her tightened involuntarily.

Lately, whenever he was close to Eve, he kept tensing up.

It was on a completely different level from when he first held her hand. He couldn't even understand why he was acting this way.

Noelier, having lost her composure, placed one knee on the bed and carefully set down Eve, who was in her arms.

“Ugh."

Then Eve shook her head and clung to him even tighter.

Noelier hesitated. The arm wrapped around his neck was not strong. It was an arm that would easily come free with just a little force or gentle coaxing.

However, Noelier did not release Eve's arm.

"No... I want to sleep like this..."

It was because Eve wanted to do so.

He just needed to endure this heart beating wildly and the power that kept surging in.

The master of the beast world was helplessly at a loss because of the cruel wolf bride.

"Eve, hold your hands like this."

Worried that her hand might go numb, Noelier carefully released one hand. Eve, who had been whining, obediently followed his instructions once she was in a comfortable position to lie down.

The warmth vanished in that brief moment. Eve, with a tearful expression, slowly opened her eyes.

A beautiful face came into view beyond her blurry vision. Eve, still half-asleep, blinked blankly.

‘Is it a dream?'

It couldn't be, but they were close enough that their lips could touch if someone gave them a slight push from behind.

As their eyes met, Noelier clenched his fist tightly. It was to suppress the impulse surging within him. Veins bulged on the back of his white hand. The heat intensified.

The person, who would normally have been flustered and flustered, just stared at him intently.

'It was a dream after all.'

Eve was not in her right mind, a mixture of alcohol and sleep. Her head was spinning from his heat. The world was spinning, and her vision was blurring. Was she trying to wake up?

'No!'

Eve wanted to realize her desires, even if only in a dream. She absolutely could not miss this opportunity.

Eve urgently grabbed Noelier by the collar. He looked at Eve with a bewildered expression.

'What should I say? No, what should I do first? Lay her down and look? No, first, first...'

He was confused because of the jumbled order.

"This person..."

She, who had been fuming to herself, closed her eyes tightly as if she had made a decision.

Smooch.

And in a very fleeting moment, a warm sensation touched his lips. Noelier's eyes widened. Unable to believe it, he looked at Eve with trembling eyes.

However, due to his intensifying heat, Eve, having poured out her last remaining strength, fell fast asleep.

The sound of wheezing filled the room.

"Ha..."

Noelier let out a sigh like a lament and covered his bright red face with his hand.

A heat he had never experienced before enveloped his body. This probably could not be cooled even by Eve's coldness.

A night that was cozy for Eve and cruel for Noelier was passing by.

***

11. Ritual

There are days like that—days when your eyes open by themselves, even though no one woke you up.

The surroundings are so quiet, a needlessly clear mind...

And the anxiety that comes rushing in.

I opened my eyes wide. The dazzling ceiling of the castle came into view.

'What is this? Why am I here...?'

I blinked blankly and replayed my memory.

I definitely snuck into the kitchen because I really wanted to eat meat, and I met people there.

'I remember getting treated to some delicious alcohol, but...'

My memory cut off abruptly with the sweet taste of grapes spreading in my mouth.

Oh my god, did you really black out from drinking?

I hurriedly fumbled around my head and buttocks. The wolf ears and tail were still tightly sealed.

The disaster I had imagined did not seem to have occurred. I stood up and looked around.

The place where I fell asleep was Noelier's room.

'I didn't do anything strange, did I?'

I sighed as I recalled my past life as a drunkard.

Just as I was hoping that my rash mouth had not done anything wrong, the door opened.

"You're awake."

The person who entered was Noelier. Seeing the evident fatigue on his face, I clamped my mouth shut.

"I brought some tea. I heard it's good to drink after drinking."

Noelier held out a steaming cup to me. I accepted the glass while glancing at him.

"... Thank you."

After mumbling my answer, I drank the tea he gave me. It seemed true that it was good to drink. Even though I had only drunk warm tea, I definitely felt my stomach settling down.

"Did you feel a bit better?"

“Yes, it’s okay.”

"Okay."

The simple conversation ended just like that. Feeling that the atmosphere had become somewhat awkward, I just fiddled with the cup I was holding.

"If you have finished eating, I will clear the table for you."

Noelier reached out his hand. I carefully placed the cup in his hand, worried that the remaining hot tea might spill.

It was a mere split second before Noelier's hand and mine brushed against each other. Shorter than the blink of an eye, just a fleeting moment.

However, Noelier quickly pulled his hand away. As a result, the cup resting in his hand fell onto the bed.

"Ah...!"

I quickly picked up the cup. But the tea was already seeping into the sheet.

"I'm sorry. Did you get burned by any chance?"

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just that the sheets..."

I turned my head while clutching the edge of the blanket. In my bewildered gaze, I saw Noelier's hand. His white fingertips were stained red. It looked as if he had touched them when dropping the cup.

"Noel, hand! Hand! You didn't get burned, did you?"

Noelier was a person who struggled with the overflowing heat inside his body even when he was still.

The bed was one thing, but checking the hands was more urgent. I took Noelier's hand to check.

"...!"

However, Noelier quickly pulled his hand away. I stared blankly at the hand left alone in the air. It was because I couldn't believe it.

"Noel...?"

I blinked and called out to him. Noelier, who seemed more flustered by his own actions, hesitated and hid his hands behind his back.

"...It’s alright. It’s not like I’ve been burned."

"Then..."

"I was just surprised. I apologize."

Noelier said that, flashing that usual friendly smile.

"Don't worry, I will call the servants to clear away the bedding soon."

"..."

"I will have the meal ready. Please let me know when you feel better."

Noelier left the room after saying those words.

There wasn't even a chance to catch it.

Sitting on the bed in an awkward position, I stared blankly at the closed door.

"That is definitely..."

You're avoiding me, right?

I muttered as if I couldn't believe it.

I was well aware that he found contact with others unfamiliar.

Because when I held hands to share the cold, he would flinch, or his face would turn red.

But this was something different.

The reason he avoided my hand was not that he was ashamed.

He just avoided my contact.

I quietly looked down at my hand.

'Has the cold gone away?'

If that isn't the case, there's no reason to avoid me.

If not that either...

'Did I do something weird after drinking yesterday?'

Otherwise, it cannot be explained.

Why would that gentle little guy avoid me, saying it feels cool just by touching me?

'To think that my drinking habits from a past life are still here!'

I tore at my hair like someone who wanted to go bald.

"What on earth have you done! Die, die!"

I had to struggle and wrestle with non-existent memories for quite a long time.


Previous                    Next


Support Novellate!

Buy Me A Coffee

Comments