Attention!!

Please do not copy and repost series from Novellatte. Please ask for permission first. Let's respect each other.

TFLCM - Chapter 107




I looked at the mirror with a serious expression.

The wagging wolf ears and tail showed absolutely no signs of disappearing.

"I wonder why this is happening."

Noelier approached me from behind with a serious expression and hugged me.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure about the changes in the shapeshifters either... but if I had to think of one, wouldn't it be the aftereffects of switching bodies with a mermaid?"

That made sense.

Mermaids have souls that can see the truth.

Aria briefly entered my body. Since she left, it was possible that I was seeing my true wolf form due to her power.

'But how am I supposed to go out looking like this?'

I looked in the mirror and let out a deep sigh.

The wolf's tail tickled my cheek as if to comfort me. I pushed the tail away with a weak hand.

"Don't worry too much. The people of the South care deeply for Eve."

“Is that really true?”

"Yes."

Noelier's eyes spoke of certainty.

That would be a relief, but... I hunched over for no reason.

"But if you are still worried."

Noelier stepped away from my side and came back holding something.

It was a red cape.

"Why don't you wear this instead? You can cover your tail by wearing a long skirt, but it's hard to hide your ears."

I quietly gazed at the cloak in my hand.

I was reminded of Rachel from the original novel, who wore a red cloak and indiscriminately killed wolves.

'No. There’s no way our good little mouse would do that!'

Besides, Noelier isn't dead yet.

'And I'm going to stop that death.'

I nodded and accepted the cloak.

There was a lot to do, but the most urgent thing was imprinting.

'I have to go to the human world.'

However, moving rashly would cause a major commotion.

Besides, I was a wolf. The King, the cause of the past war, would not leave me alone.

Just as I was wondering what to do, I heard a knock.

"Eve. Are you inside?"

It was Julie's voice. I adjusted my hat.

“Come in.”

The door opened with a click.

Chomp, chomp. Julie stood in front of me with light steps and greeted me politely.

"Did you sleep well, Leader? Lady Eve."

"Yeah, Julie, did you sleep well too?"

“Yes. Thanks.”

Julie smiled brightly. I smiled back, but then I realized something and opened my eyes wide.

The thing is that Noelier, who is hugging me, has his upper body bare.

'Ugh, that's embarrassing!'

I quickly moved away from him.

Julie tended to have vivid imaginations, just like me.

If he saw us, it was clear he would get so worked up that he would spout unspeakable things.

I stammered for no reason.

"Uh, Julie, this is... well..."

"It's alright, Eve. Please don't worry about me."

"...Huh?"

"I will help you with your bath. I have prepared warm water that Laey Eve likes. I will assist you over here."

Julie spoke with a small smile. In contrast to that innocent smile, my face clouded over.

'You don't look like anything's wrong?'

Something felt off. Feeling an inexplicable sense of bewilderment, I glanced at Noelier, reached out, and tightly hugged him around the waist. Sweltering heat flowed into my body as if it had been waiting for this moment.

"Eve?"

"No, I don't want to. I don't want to wash."

Noelier, who had been trembling slightly, carefully placed his hand on my shoulder.

"But if I take a bath, I have to be apart from my husband."

I deliberately mumbled in a cutesy tone while rubbing my face against his chest, then lifted my head to meet his gaze.

"My husband doesn't want to be separated from me either, does he?"

Noelier paused at my words and looked back and forth between Julie and me.

Then, he lowered his hand from my shoulder, hugged me tightly, and nodded.

"If you speak that way, I cannot control myself. Please do not test me."

"Oh, come on, you have good taste. My husband is something else."

I raised my fist and hit his shoulder gently.

We could have let it slide even if someone looked at us and pretended to throw up. After all, I was feeling sick to my stomach right then and there.

I let out an exaggerated laugh at Noelier and glanced back.

Julie was looking at us, still maintaining the same smile.

'Something's off.'

I narrowed my eyes.

Noelier was standing next to me with his toned chest exposed. In other words, shirtless.

Moreover, we are embracing so deeply that anyone could tell we had a rough night.

We even had a cheesy conversation that we don't usually have.

If it were the usual Julie, she would have popped her ears out like me and said, "Oh, oh! I was rude! Oh my!"

She would have stepped aside.

However, Julie seemed very used to seeing us.

After thinking for a moment, I rubbed my face against his chest.

"Please wash me from head to toe."

Then Noelier kissed my head and nodded.

"If my wife asks, I’ll gladly do that for her."

“My husband is the best.”

I let out an exaggerated laugh and turned my head toward Julie. Then, with a coy expression, I spoke sharply.

"Julie, you go ahead. We still have a lot of work to do."

Julie nodded obediently.

"Yes, I understand. I will be back later. Please feel free to call me anytime if you need anything."

With those words, Julie hurried out of the room.

'Hmm. As expected, it's strange.'

As I quietly stared at the closed door, Noelier tilted his head toward me as if asking if something was wrong.

However, everything was just speculation, and there was no concrete evidence.

It wasn't like Julie did anything strange to me.

I'll have to wait and see a little longer. Thinking that, I shook my head.

"Ah. But... what should I do about this? I can't just stay like this forever."

I looked down at myself with a tearful expression. My ears, hidden by the hood, kept twitching, begging to be let out.

Needless to say, the tail swayed and tickled my cheek.

"Don't worry about that. Even if you don't go out for a few days, the beastmen and dragons won't think much of it."

“Is that so?”

"Yes. Rachel is a problem, but if Zion is there, it will be fine."

He spoke with confidence.

Is that really true? I let out a deep sigh.

'I hope things go back to normal soon.'

Even while I was agonizing over it, its tail was still wagging and tickling my cheek.

***

Gwang Gwang Gwang.

Rachel knocked on the firmly closed door.

"Sister, are you there? Are you still sleeping?"

No matter how much she knocked on the door, there was no answer.

'That's strange. It's already afternoon. Is she still sleeping?'

Rachel pouted. Don't just stay with my brother; you should take a nap with me too...

The dragons standing behind Rachel exchanged glances. Nodding with determined expressions, they approached Rachel.

"Miss, why don't you stay here and play with us?"

"But my sister still can't wake up. Isn't that strange?"

"Hmm... you two must be very busy right now."

"Are you busy? You too, bother?"

"Yes. They will be busy for at least three days. Of course, since he is the leader, it might take longer, but..."

What were they talking about? Rachel tilted her head.

The dragons broke out in a sweat looking at that innocent face.

It was not like they could explain the adult's situation in great detail to the young lady.

One of them barely managed to open their mouth.

"Perhaps, maybe the two of you have a lot to talk about."

"But it’s not like I can’t even show my face."

I'm worried, just as I thought. Rachel shifted her gaze toward the door.

She put all her strength into her hand and was about to slam it against the door.

“Rachel!”

Rachel froze at the sound of an innocent voice coming from afar.

“You were here!”

Zion came running over with Ed.

'Adults' Circumstances!'

The conversation from just moments ago suddenly flashed through her mind. It felt as though Zion shouldn't know what was happening beyond this door. It just felt like that was how it had to be!

Rachel hurriedly lowered her hand and recoiled.

"Z-Zion! Did you find me?"

"Yeah!"

"Then come over here. Let's play together!"

Rachel ran in the opposite direction. Not to be outdone, Zion chased after Rachel.

'That was a close call...'

The dragons sighed in relief as they watched the two little ones walk away.

It seemed that the young lady could be left to Young Master Zion.

'Still, I should come up with a decent excuse.'

They racked their brains. What kind of lie could the children believe?

“Does the companion's back hurt?”

"No! How can you be so direct! They'll be shocked!"

"Then... She can't put any strength into her body?"

"That is also too obvious."

"Ugh, what's the right word?"

They have been adults for over 300 years. It was unclear how much the children could accept.

"We are used to it, but I wonder how the Young Master and Young Lady will take it..."

And so, they had to rack their brains for quite a while.

"..."

Julie, who had been staring intently at the scene, slowly moved her feet.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

Buy Me A Coffee

Comments