Attention!!

Please do not copy and repost series from Novellatte. Please ask for permission first. Let's respect each other.

TVHR - Chapter 46




"Oh dear, Roselyn, say hello to me too. I'm being left out."

There was also one bonus that seemed like it would never move.

"Father, how did you get here..."

"Because of the arson incident... Roselyn?"

Cherty, who had been answering Roselyn's question, frowned and called out to her as the child's voice grew fainter.

Roselyn's body swayed violently.

"Yes..."

Roselyn muttered softly, lowered her head, and clicked her tongue inwardly.

'This wretched body of mine has reached its limit.'

As soon as they appeared, Roselyn's body slowly collapsed as if relieved.

“Roselyne!”

“Roselyne!”

Cherty stretched out his arm, and Arma, who was nearby, hurriedly hugged her.

As Roselyn fainted, the atmosphere became even more ominous.

"...Wow, did you come as a whole group just to welcome me? That's too much."

Aximus spoke with a tense expression, a drop of sweat dripping from his cheek.

Cheaeng~!

Cherty Bellion's purple sword, dripping with poison, and Aximus's sword clashed simultaneously. It was a chaotic melee.

***

“Oh, be scared..."

Aximus, having barely escaped the hellish battle where he was clearly outnumbered, entered an alleyway in a disheveled state and clicked his tongue in a low voice.

The shabby tunic that he had liked in his own way had become so tattered that it would have been strange not to change it.

"What on earth is that young lady?"

What is all this about, with all those monsters swarming in and making such a fuss?

"Anyway, why did those beast cubs abandon their nest?"

As the plan went awry in many ways, he scratched his head in annoyance and muttered softly.

"Who are you asking? She is a noble person; you must not lay a hand on her."

Someone grabbed the shoulder of Aximus, who was limping along while clinging to the old, shabby wall of a narrow alley.

'...I didn't even sense a presence.'

Cold sweat trickled down the cheeks of Aximus, who had been caught in an instant.

'...Oh no.'

His feet didn't move.

Something pitch-black was gripping the ground beneath his feet. At first glance, it looked like a shadow.

"...Oops, that's the guy from earlier."

Aximus glanced around and murmured softly.

"I tend to be very picky, so there haven't been many things in my life that I really liked. Maybe that's why I really hate it when people mess with my things."

With a dry, flat voice, Aximus's neck was twisted.

"Because I'm currently putting a lot of effort into her."

'...I can't move.'

The pure white hand was gripping Aximus's shoulder.

"I recommend you be more careful with your opponents next time. You wouldn't want to be crawling around without arms and legs at that age, would you, sir?"

Crack!

The arm was twisted without a word.

Aximus gritted his teeth in terrifying and terrible pain and opened his eyes wide.

The blue eyes looking down at him curved into a circle, filled with rapture.

'Have you ever seen a crazy person like this...?'

He groaned in pain, yet laughed ferociously, baring his teeth.

“...Ugh!!”

Soon, blood gushed onto the floor with terrible pain.

'How did he follow me here again? I didn't sense a single sign...'

Is it the Abyss?

He hadn't heard of an abyss like that.

This is the first time he's been followed.

Despite desperately trying to think of something else, he could not bear the pain; blood dripped from his bitten lip, and sweat trickled down his cheek.

Thud, one arm rolled across the floor.

A young man with the youthful looks of a boy smiled broadly.

"If you understand, don't touch other people's things carelessly with your dirty hands from now on."

The figure engulfed in darkness vanished in an instant.

"Haha," Maximus laughed with a pale face.

"...Anyway, kids these days don't know how to respect the elderly..."

He held a tobacco leaf in his mouth with his one remaining arm and flicked his finger to light it.

Seup, whoo...

Smoke billowed up and then scattered away.

"Damn it. You really need to wash your hands. They're making a fuss over nothing..."

After finishing a cigarette, he muttered a low curse and stood up from his seat, holding his arm with its joints torn to shreds.

Grumble.

Aximus's body disappeared along with the red flames.

***

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

The clock moved.

Roselyn slowly opened her eyes at the annoyingly loud sound of the clock.

She saw a pitch-black sky. Actually, it couldn't even be called a sky. It was just pitch black.

There were no stars and no moon, so it felt like the word 'darkness' suited it better than just 'sky.'

"Hi, Rose, it's been a while."

"...Sansar?"

Roselyn opened her eyes wide and jumped up from her seat.

Unlike the pitch-black sky, everything around was clear.

As she sprang to her feet on the pure white velvet floor, Sansar, looking not much different from before, was smiling at her.

‘Is it a dream? or not...'

Roselyn looked around. She was sure she had been with someone, whether it was Aximus or someone else, just moments ago.

"You kept your promise. I had a feeling something like this would happen to you."

Sansar spoke softly. He extended his hand in a low voice.

His long hair made him look unmistakably like a woman, but his strangely androgynous voice revealed that he was a man.

"We don't have much time, so shall we get straight to the point?"

"...No."

Roselyn frowned at his words.

"Do you know? Some Abysses reveal themselves, and there are also Abysses that do not. There are also Abysses subject to certain conditions. Do you know what your Abyss is?"

Roselyn shook her head.

"Rose, your Abyss is an Abyss that can only be awakened by dying."

"...What?"

If you die, it's the end, so she doesn't understand how you can awaken the Abyss. It's not like it's an Abyss that can be used as a soul body.

"It's complicated to explain in detail, but you can think of it as a kind of Resurrection Abyss. After dying, you can return to the past and live once more in someone else's body."

Roselyn frowned.

"Going back to the past is limited to your own past, so you will inevitably return to your own world."

But come to think of it, didn't Roselyn already die once?

She was already living again in a different body in another world.

'I thought this was Marquis Garen's ability...'

Wasn't it true?

Roselyn frowned.

"Due to external interference, your Abyss hasn't fully awakened yet; it's in a half-awakened state."

"..."

"And as I told you back then, the power I shared with you cannot be used right now."

Sansar parted his lips.

"It's an ability that can only be used when your Abyss awakens. So, this means you have to die to use it too."

He smiled beautifully. If she didn't know his gender, she would have thought he was a truly beautiful woman.

"Do you know why Kaluta is strong, Rose?"

"Well."

"That is because I am the God of War."

Sansar.

A god symbolizing power, war, and battle.

Wherever he passed, everyone bowed their heads, and when he threw a punch, even massive mountain ranges became flat land.

"So you really were a god."

"Did you think it was fake?"

"Because you didn't tell me yourself."

Roselyn spoke calmly.

Sansar burst into laughter with a cheerful expression, as if he found it amusing.

"And I can directly summon my power upon Kaluta's Khan."

Sansar slowly approached her and kissed Roselyn on the forehead.

"My Rose."

A pure white light seeped into her forehead.

"After you die, you will become stronger than any Kaluta."

"...What on earth am I supposed to do after I die?"

"I like all worldlines, but I still love the worldline where I met you the most."

Sansar spoke softly and snapped his fingers. A screen reflecting a scene appeared in the empty air.

Roselyn's eyes widened slightly.

It was a tomb. The tomb of the Duke of Bellion, forgotten due to a lack of proper maintenance.

"Do you perhaps not want to go back?"

"..."

Roselyn slowly inhaled. She wasn't so dim-witted as to not understand why the other person was saying such things.

A trembling gaze fell on Sansar.

"Rose, thank you for getting my children out."

Roselyn remained silent at Sansar's words.

"But there is something that won't change no matter how much you change the future here, because this isn't your world."

"Did you meet me just to use me like this?"

"No, that's just because I got hungry while playing. Sorry."

At Roselyn's serious words, Sansar raised his hand and casually tossed out a remark.

Roselyn frowned.

"Meeting you was, in human terms, a coincidence."

Sansar saw Roselyn.

"But it might be inevitable."

"It doesn't look like there's anything good for me."

"...I just gave you the ability; what are you talking about?

"Isn't it a bit of a stretch to call an ability that can only be used by dying a gift?"

Roselyn narrowed her eyes and spoke.

"Ah! Or perhaps, Kaluta only means that much to you. If that is the case, I understand."

There was a bitter sneer mixed in the voice that spoke dryly with an expressionless face.

Sansar looked at Roselyn with a choked-up expression.

"What? Looks like you're hoping for something? Let me tell you in advance, what you've already given is quite an excessive gift that crossed the line..."

"You need to give me something I can use right now so I can know your worth, don't you think?"

Roselyn interrupted and spoke.

It was then that Sansar realized that his relationship with Roselyn had not always been good.

'...Did my memory get romanticized just because I didn’t see it for a while?'

Sansar looked displeased at Roselyn, who was trying to take something out of him.

“So what do you want?”

Roselyn laughed quite wickedly upon finally hearing the words she wanted to hear.


Previous                    Next


Support Novellate!

Buy Me A Coffee




Comments