"Kya! How can two guys exactly my type appear like this?!"
Naryan shouted, smiling brightly like sunshine.
She was a man who could have been the only one in the original.
Arma easily recalled the misunderstanding Roselyn might have had and was shocked.
And he was shocked again that she readily gave her permission even after knowing about the misunderstanding.
"I know I'm handsome, but put this down! You little brat!"
"Oh my goodness, how cute. Are you threatening me right now, brother?"
"Who's your brother!!"
"Why? I heard that people in the Empire like it when a cute, small girl talks to them like this. My darling is picky."
Yuldian's face, which was already pale due to a series of events, had now turned beyond pale to a sallow, dark complexion.
The little girl screamed while hugging Yuldian.
"Haa... that's a shame. The pretty guys and girls over there were good at running away too, so how about it? Marry me?"
“I decline.”
Roselyn shrugged her shoulders and answered nonchalantly.
"You're the first cool older sister. Well, fine! I have two handsome men anyway!"
Naryan winked at Arma.
Then Arma quietly ruffled the bangs he had been pushing back and let them hang down again.
“Here it is!”
The place they were guided to was like a round tent.
The frame was built of wood, and it was wrapped in fabric thicker than ordinary cloth, so it appeared to have quite good insulation.
Perhaps because it was at a high altitude, the wind blowing was as cold as early winter, so it was welcome news.
The door was not a tent, but a proper wooden door.
It wasn't like a house with a separate living room and kitchen or multiple rooms, but it felt like a huge room fully equipped with everything from a kitchen to a bathroom and bedroom.
Of course, even though it was a tent, it wasn't a shabby place.
It was not lacking in other qualities, and it looked quite wide and sturdy.
It was a matter that was quite understandable, as there were hardly any decent buildings, perhaps due to the nature of the Kaluta not settling in a specific place in the first place.
Certainly, since the Kaluta tribes lived separately, they seemed to be close in heart.
"These guys over here will explain the details."
The people who were waiting in front of the house approached.
Even as they approached the armed soldiers and knights barehanded, they showed not the slightest sign of tension.
"I was originally planning to hold a banquet this evening, but given the circumstances, it looks like it might be postponed."
Naryan said with a smile.
"An execution might be held for the first time in a long while."
Naryan charmingly told the scary story. That actually made it even more chilling.
Yuldian, held in her arms, was pale as if he were about to vomit.
"..."
"If you don't want to see anything unpleasant, everyone, please stay inside the tent today if possible."
Saying that, she let Yuldian down.
"See you tomorrow, my pretty one."
Smooch.
She kissed the back of Yuldian's hand and disappeared from sight.
Roselyn also let out a tired sigh and entered the tent she had been assigned.
***
"...Ha."
As soon as Arma entered the tent he was assigned, he roughly ruffled his hair and threw off his pitch-black clothes.
"You always give people a hard time."
He was speechless when he realized that all his worrying about how to act naturally was completely useless.
Roselyn just didn't seem to have any feelings for him.
'Why am I even doing this in the first place?'
In fact, the broken engagement was not a big problem in his life.
She was someone interesting to observe in her own way, but that didn't mean there was any need to go to such lengths.
Arma learned how to hide himself as he grew up to some extent.
It was annoying, so he hid it.
He didn't want to become like his father, the Emperor, so he acted like a foolish, weak, and pathetic person in the eyes of others.
So, actually, acting that reveals one's true nature, like this time, was a bit risky.
"But that's all..."
It was for someone else?
Arma felt dizzy and slumped onto the cheap bed.
'...How did Roselyn know Princess Kaluta's ideal type in the first place, when she had never even met her?'
He closed and opened his eyes very slowly, thinking.
"...No."
Arma muttered softly.
"What on earth am I lacking?"
Aside from a slight personality flaw of being timid, isn't he lacking nothing?
'Is physical contact really lacking?'
Arma lowered his gaze.
Certainly, out of consideration for the other person, he hadn't even held hands or tried to set the mood since getting engaged.
Perhaps that is why she didn't move a muscle when he held her hand this time.
"...This won't do."
Arma devised another effort for the opponent who thought there was no need to put in any effort.
Starting tomorrow, he had to begin negotiations with Kaluta in earnest.
'Roselyn must be nervous too, so I should help her as much as possible from the side.'
Arma let out a long sigh as he ran his palm across his face.
***
"Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Khan of Kaluta."
The large man who arrived right on time introduced himself with a brief apology.
Roselyn shook her head to indicate that she was fine.
Still, he kept his front closed because he was appearing at an official event.
Even so, his chest was clearly visible.
'You're younger than I thought.'
He looked younger than the King of the empire.
It made her want to ask just how old they were when they got married.
"It's okay."
He looked puzzled as he saw Roselyn sitting in the center with the two Princes on either side, then plopped down opposite the round table.
"Right, this is the first time I've seen a negotiator with two Princes as bodyguards."
He said in a voice mixed with laughter as he received the drink in a large oak mug.
"Would you like a drink?"
Roselyn remained silent for a moment at the other person's suggestion.
Actually, she doesn't handle alcohol well.
However, in Kaluta, refusing a drink was considered impolite.
"I have a low tolerance for alcohol, so I can't drink much, but I will gratefully accept the first glass."
“I’m fine too.”
“I’m fine too.”
"Hahaha! I was worried when I heard young people were coming, but they are well-mannered."
A man who appeared to be Khan laughed heartily and nodded his head.
Roselyn showed proper courtesy by accepting the glass and taking a few sips.
As the alcohol added to the throbbing headache she had had since morning, heat rose from her cheeks and the nape of her neck.
She pretended not to notice the sound of her pulse accelerating along with the tinnitus.
"Yes, I heard that you saved my son. We are of the law to repay kindness tenfold, so we would like to thank you. Is there anything you would like?"
At Khan's words, Roselyn slightly furrowed her brow and raised her head with a smile on her lips.
"No. As I told the Chief before, that is a gift from me. I understand that one does not discuss a price for a gift."
Khan's green eyes narrowed at the sight of Roselyn speaking clearly without avoiding his gaze.
“You don’t want anything?”
"Something that wasn't there before has appeared."
Roselyn smiled.
Khan nodded with an intrigued expression.
"Speak your mind."
"We sat at a fair negotiation table. A fair negotiation table means that it is not tilted to one side."
Khan raised one eyebrow at Roselyn's words.
"I am Roselyn Bellion of the Duchy of Bellion. Not the Young Lady."
"..."
"Also.."
Roselyn slowly opened her mouth.
"I understand that 'Khan' is a title similar to that given to a 'King' in an empire. I have not heard your name."
What came out of Roselyn's mouth was 'Ruta'.
Ruta was the language used by those collectively called 'barbarians' before the Kaluta tribe unified them.
There probably aren't many people who know. Even within Kaluta, some could not speak the Ruta language, and Khan, who had been staring at Roselyn, burst into loud laughter.
Khan, who had been laughing heartily for quite a while, to the point of making people feel embarrassed, suddenly hardened his expression and opened his mouth while looking at Roselyn.
"Where did you learn that language?"
Previous Next

Comments
Post a Comment