Voluntary deployment of a person with special abilities.
He is also the second son, Elliot Wassenberg, the top-tier power of the family, with a strong offensive series of blessings.
Of course, for the sake of the empire, he would never personally go out to subdue the demons.
Nike tried to gauge the Duke of Wassenberg's intentions.
'I guess it's because of the drug arson incident this time.'
The answer came without much thought. He was prepared for the possibility of being trampled to some extent.
A drug that he couldn't handle before returning, and was eventually released into the capital.
To find and remove something that was hidden so secretly, leaving no trace or evidence behind...
One can likely reach a level of reasoning that is impossible for an ordinary person.
Wasn't it actually a case where Vania and Ryan, who had supernatural powers, confidently entered the main gate and solved it?
However, judging by Elliot's sudden decision to go on an expedition, the suspicion seemed to be directed at Nike, not the two of them.
'There are so many traces that make you doubt me.'
The Imperial Family has a history of experimenting with supernatural powers, Nike has been interfering with Elliot since long before Ryan was released, and he has been a prominent presence on the battlefield for quite some time.
'That's fortunate. If you're trying to dig me up...'
Fighting on the same battlefield as someone with superpowers. Considering how easily he was discovered when he came into contact with Ryan, it's a very dangerous situation.
There seems to be no way out.
It would be even more suspicious if Elliot's expedition were stopped or if he, a person with superpowers, were not placed at the forefront.
"... It's okay."
Nike muttered to himself as if to comfort himself.
If he was going to be chased anyway, it would be much better for him to be chased than for Vania or Ryan.
If Wassenberg discovers that he is a person with supernatural powers...
‘...I’m going to die. Probably.’
He will be killed in some way.
Or perhaps Elliot Wassenberg is already planning to eliminate him, and he's going on a campaign. It's probably best to pretend it was an accidental death in combat.
Although he had always lived his life with death in mind, Nike felt strange when he was immediately pursued.
Awe?
Foolish?
“Tonight, be sure to... look at the sky, the moon is really, really pretty!”
It was quite funny how that kid's face suddenly came to mind when he couldn't even remember one thing properly.
There was only about a month left until the expedition to the Western Front.
The list of troops to be dispatched was reported to and reviewed by the Emperor, who was the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. This was the responsibility of the Crown Prince, who had been delegated real power by the Emperor.
“...Are you saying that the second son of Wassenberg will personally go on an expedition?”
Crown Prince Bane was embarrassed.
Reiner, Nike's adjutant who came to deliver the list of dispatched troops, looked at him with a curious expression.
"Yes, Your Highness. I don't know what's going on, but a person with this ability has come to deal with the demons themselves. Well, it's not a bad thing for us."
“...”
No. Bane quickly brushed his parched lips.
There's no way Wassenberg would waste his energy on something so pointless. They must have some ulterior motive.
If so, what are you aiming for?
Why did they suddenly go on an expedition?
‘...Nike.’
His brother's face immediately came to mind.
This wasn't the only time. Bane had been worried about Nike every single day since he went into battle.
Nike's secret, the fact that he has superpowers, will be discovered...
"If they're really after Nike, how will they approach him? Can I protect him? How, and in what ways, should I prepare?"
His hands were shaking. His anxious mind was completely unfocused.
Just...
“Actually, I have regressed.”
Nike, which revealed a surprising secret.
Although he didn't tell the whole story, Bane had some idea of what was going on based on the conversation that day.
Is that why?
Naturally, the face of someone he has only seen once comes to mind.
“Thank you, Your Highness!”
Ryan's daughter.
No, perhaps... the daughter of Duke Edgar Wassenberg.
A person with superpowers and a regressor.
The only person who knows the 'future'.
Bane quickly picked up his pen and prepared to write a letter.
'You can't get your back stepped on.'
He doesn't know what Wassenberg is thinking. He shouldn't have contacted him openly.
“Renier, summon the garrison commanders of each front.”
One day in early June.
Our family returned to Belzer and was living a peaceful life.
The weather has gotten slightly warmer.
Lying in bed and doing nothing is like paradise.
'Home is the best after all.'
Ryan and Revan made a fuss about not wanting to leave the capital the day we left, but I just wanted to get home quickly.
It's quiet and peaceful, and more than anything, the capital where people with special abilities live is too scary.
'It's a little sad that Alex isn't here.'
When we broke up, I was so worried that I couldn't move my feet, and I remember my annoying younger sibling, who disappeared into the dormitory without looking back, saying he wanted to go quickly...
Still, the Academy is the only clean area in the capital untouched by Wassenberg's influence.
I'm relieved because I have five S-class Cerberus mercenaries from our house attached to Alex.
There were many unexpected events, such as meeting faces I didn't really want to see, from Brigitte to Elliot, but in any case, my first trip to the capital was a success.
'I broke up with Christa and Richard on good terms.'
I smiled as I recalled Krista's face, which was always so pretty, even though she was crying and snot was running down her face.
"Bunny, I'm going to live on my own as soon as I become an adult. Unlike Richard, I'm strong, so I don't think Father will object if I decide to live alone. I'll bring a lot of money with me. Then, you can live with me."
My sister, who is still pure.
She knows her father is a bad person, but?
At the same time, the cuteness of thinking that the holder of the highest-level attack series blessing will be allowed to become independent as soon as she becomes an adult, even paying for the cost of independence!
This also means that the father is currently working hard to win the heart of the still young Christa.
As always, he will speak sweetly with his honey-sweet tongue.
'Independence is only possible for brothers who are like limbs to their father and would never betray him, no matter where they are!'
...I can’t say that.
For now, I just told her to listen to her father. I also polished Richard's mental state to a shine.
'I'll pick you up first.'
I make that promise while thinking of the two of them.
Bang bang bang!
“Surprise!”
“Hey, hey, hey!”
Ryan pounded on my door and rushed at me like an angry lion.
“Do you know what this is?!”
He was holding a luxurious-looking envelope in his hand. I was surprised to see the gold wax seal.
This is the seal that was also stamped on the imperial edict on the day Ryan received the title of Crown Prince.
“What, what is it?”
“The gatekeeper brought it a little while ago.”
Gatekeeper?
'Ah, Sir William...'
Sir William Saxon, the commander of the Eastern Front Garrison, is sitting in front of Belzer for 24 hours a day!
"What did they say? A regular meeting of the garrison commanders? Something like that, but it was held a little early this time? So the gatekeeper went to the palace, and the Crown Prince asked him to deliver this?"
Ryan's clown rose.
“By any chance... this time, I’ll bestow upon you the title of Count, isn’t that the message? Hehe.”
“You don’t know the details yet?”
“Oh. I brought it to read it with you.”
Ryan sat on my bed, snorting, and ripped open the envelope.
A one-page letter came out.
[During this Western Front campaign, I hope you will look after the safety of the Third Prince.
To Bane Valencier.]
Just one line like that.
“...”
“...”
Silence fell, and soon Ryan ground his teeth.
“...My little brother, are you crazy?”
“What, all of a sudden?”
"You've got people so excited, and what the heck! I should be the one to criticize, but this is ridiculous. Why did you even send a letter to give such a petty order?"
That's when Ryan got angry.
Another piece of content fell out of the envelope.
I quickly unfolded it.
“...List of participants?”
“Yes?”
“Uh... Is this the list of members of this expedition? But do you usually distribute these to each member of the expedition?”
“No? Why are you giving me that?”
...there must be a reason for that.
I exchanged a brief glance with Ryan, then swallowed hard. Without anyone saying anything, I quickly opened the list of letters and scanned it.
There was no need to look at it for long.
A list of private soldiers from noble families participating in the expedition.
At the very top is Wassenberg.
- Wassenberg (22 people)
1. Commander/Leader: Elliot Wassenberg
2. ...
“Gyaaaaah!”
“Ugh!”
We screamed at the same time.
Oh, it's scary.
As soon as we saw that our precious brother, who had never touched water before, was on the list of the punitive force, we realized.
The meaning of the letter sent by the Crown Prince.
'Save me, save my man!'
Then Ryan jumped up and shouted.
“Save my son-in-law!!!!!”
“...? What, what are you talking about~!”
He is also the second son, Elliot Wassenberg, the top-tier power of the family, with a strong offensive series of blessings.
Of course, for the sake of the empire, he would never personally go out to subdue the demons.
Nike tried to gauge the Duke of Wassenberg's intentions.
'I guess it's because of the drug arson incident this time.'
The answer came without much thought. He was prepared for the possibility of being trampled to some extent.
A drug that he couldn't handle before returning, and was eventually released into the capital.
To find and remove something that was hidden so secretly, leaving no trace or evidence behind...
One can likely reach a level of reasoning that is impossible for an ordinary person.
Wasn't it actually a case where Vania and Ryan, who had supernatural powers, confidently entered the main gate and solved it?
However, judging by Elliot's sudden decision to go on an expedition, the suspicion seemed to be directed at Nike, not the two of them.
'There are so many traces that make you doubt me.'
The Imperial Family has a history of experimenting with supernatural powers, Nike has been interfering with Elliot since long before Ryan was released, and he has been a prominent presence on the battlefield for quite some time.
'That's fortunate. If you're trying to dig me up...'
Fighting on the same battlefield as someone with superpowers. Considering how easily he was discovered when he came into contact with Ryan, it's a very dangerous situation.
There seems to be no way out.
It would be even more suspicious if Elliot's expedition were stopped or if he, a person with superpowers, were not placed at the forefront.
"... It's okay."
Nike muttered to himself as if to comfort himself.
If he was going to be chased anyway, it would be much better for him to be chased than for Vania or Ryan.
If Wassenberg discovers that he is a person with supernatural powers...
‘...I’m going to die. Probably.’
He will be killed in some way.
Or perhaps Elliot Wassenberg is already planning to eliminate him, and he's going on a campaign. It's probably best to pretend it was an accidental death in combat.
Although he had always lived his life with death in mind, Nike felt strange when he was immediately pursued.
Awe?
Foolish?
“Tonight, be sure to... look at the sky, the moon is really, really pretty!”
It was quite funny how that kid's face suddenly came to mind when he couldn't even remember one thing properly.
***
There was only about a month left until the expedition to the Western Front.
The list of troops to be dispatched was reported to and reviewed by the Emperor, who was the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. This was the responsibility of the Crown Prince, who had been delegated real power by the Emperor.
“...Are you saying that the second son of Wassenberg will personally go on an expedition?”
Crown Prince Bane was embarrassed.
Reiner, Nike's adjutant who came to deliver the list of dispatched troops, looked at him with a curious expression.
"Yes, Your Highness. I don't know what's going on, but a person with this ability has come to deal with the demons themselves. Well, it's not a bad thing for us."
“...”
No. Bane quickly brushed his parched lips.
There's no way Wassenberg would waste his energy on something so pointless. They must have some ulterior motive.
If so, what are you aiming for?
Why did they suddenly go on an expedition?
‘...Nike.’
His brother's face immediately came to mind.
This wasn't the only time. Bane had been worried about Nike every single day since he went into battle.
Nike's secret, the fact that he has superpowers, will be discovered...
"If they're really after Nike, how will they approach him? Can I protect him? How, and in what ways, should I prepare?"
His hands were shaking. His anxious mind was completely unfocused.
Just...
“Actually, I have regressed.”
Nike, which revealed a surprising secret.
Although he didn't tell the whole story, Bane had some idea of what was going on based on the conversation that day.
Is that why?
Naturally, the face of someone he has only seen once comes to mind.
“Thank you, Your Highness!”
Ryan's daughter.
No, perhaps... the daughter of Duke Edgar Wassenberg.
A person with superpowers and a regressor.
The only person who knows the 'future'.
Bane quickly picked up his pen and prepared to write a letter.
'You can't get your back stepped on.'
He doesn't know what Wassenberg is thinking. He shouldn't have contacted him openly.
“Renier, summon the garrison commanders of each front.”
***
One day in early June.
Our family returned to Belzer and was living a peaceful life.
The weather has gotten slightly warmer.
Lying in bed and doing nothing is like paradise.
'Home is the best after all.'
Ryan and Revan made a fuss about not wanting to leave the capital the day we left, but I just wanted to get home quickly.
It's quiet and peaceful, and more than anything, the capital where people with special abilities live is too scary.
'It's a little sad that Alex isn't here.'
When we broke up, I was so worried that I couldn't move my feet, and I remember my annoying younger sibling, who disappeared into the dormitory without looking back, saying he wanted to go quickly...
Still, the Academy is the only clean area in the capital untouched by Wassenberg's influence.
I'm relieved because I have five S-class Cerberus mercenaries from our house attached to Alex.
There were many unexpected events, such as meeting faces I didn't really want to see, from Brigitte to Elliot, but in any case, my first trip to the capital was a success.
'I broke up with Christa and Richard on good terms.'
I smiled as I recalled Krista's face, which was always so pretty, even though she was crying and snot was running down her face.
"Bunny, I'm going to live on my own as soon as I become an adult. Unlike Richard, I'm strong, so I don't think Father will object if I decide to live alone. I'll bring a lot of money with me. Then, you can live with me."
My sister, who is still pure.
She knows her father is a bad person, but?
At the same time, the cuteness of thinking that the holder of the highest-level attack series blessing will be allowed to become independent as soon as she becomes an adult, even paying for the cost of independence!
This also means that the father is currently working hard to win the heart of the still young Christa.
As always, he will speak sweetly with his honey-sweet tongue.
'Independence is only possible for brothers who are like limbs to their father and would never betray him, no matter where they are!'
...I can’t say that.
For now, I just told her to listen to her father. I also polished Richard's mental state to a shine.
'I'll pick you up first.'
I make that promise while thinking of the two of them.
Bang bang bang!
“Surprise!”
“Hey, hey, hey!”
Ryan pounded on my door and rushed at me like an angry lion.
“Do you know what this is?!”
He was holding a luxurious-looking envelope in his hand. I was surprised to see the gold wax seal.
This is the seal that was also stamped on the imperial edict on the day Ryan received the title of Crown Prince.
“What, what is it?”
“The gatekeeper brought it a little while ago.”
Gatekeeper?
'Ah, Sir William...'
Sir William Saxon, the commander of the Eastern Front Garrison, is sitting in front of Belzer for 24 hours a day!
"What did they say? A regular meeting of the garrison commanders? Something like that, but it was held a little early this time? So the gatekeeper went to the palace, and the Crown Prince asked him to deliver this?"
Ryan's clown rose.
“By any chance... this time, I’ll bestow upon you the title of Count, isn’t that the message? Hehe.”
“You don’t know the details yet?”
“Oh. I brought it to read it with you.”
Ryan sat on my bed, snorting, and ripped open the envelope.
A one-page letter came out.
[During this Western Front campaign, I hope you will look after the safety of the Third Prince.
To Bane Valencier.]
Just one line like that.
“...”
“...”
Silence fell, and soon Ryan ground his teeth.
“...My little brother, are you crazy?”
“What, all of a sudden?”
"You've got people so excited, and what the heck! I should be the one to criticize, but this is ridiculous. Why did you even send a letter to give such a petty order?"
That's when Ryan got angry.
Another piece of content fell out of the envelope.
I quickly unfolded it.
“...List of participants?”
“Yes?”
“Uh... Is this the list of members of this expedition? But do you usually distribute these to each member of the expedition?”
“No? Why are you giving me that?”
...there must be a reason for that.
I exchanged a brief glance with Ryan, then swallowed hard. Without anyone saying anything, I quickly opened the list of letters and scanned it.
There was no need to look at it for long.
A list of private soldiers from noble families participating in the expedition.
At the very top is Wassenberg.
- Wassenberg (22 people)
1. Commander/Leader: Elliot Wassenberg
2. ...
“Gyaaaaah!”
“Ugh!”
We screamed at the same time.
Oh, it's scary.
As soon as we saw that our precious brother, who had never touched water before, was on the list of the punitive force, we realized.
The meaning of the letter sent by the Crown Prince.
'Save me, save my man!'
Then Ryan jumped up and shouted.
“Save my son-in-law!!!!!”
“...? What, what are you talking about~!”

Comments
Post a Comment