TPITT - Chapter 122




"What?!"

The amber eyes widened, but it was still too early to be surprised.

“If I win, I ask that Her Highness the Seventh Princess accept me as her direct knight.”

For a moment, silence fell.

The 100,000 spectators forgot to even react to such a shocking statement.

Only after some time did the distracting murmurs begin to spread.

'How dare this kid.'

Michael glared at the back of Elijah's head, his purple eyes filled with murder.

In the nobles' seat, Alben and Cedella were busy analyzing the situation.

“No, a story of an affair in a direct knight? It’s so bold and provocative. The material is good, so the people will like it. But..."

Alben changed his tone and continued.

“It’s not good.”

“Yes. It’s really not good.”

Cedella agreed. Her face darkened immediately.

“There is no way Lord Halsten could win. But since he has made his wish known, the problem is that Her Highness must respond politely.”

“That’s right. If Her Highness accepts, she will be embroiled in a scandal for coveting a direct knight, and if she refuses, she will be criticized for disregarding tradition.”

Cedella and Alben were worried and looked up at the imperial stone with my eyes.

Not only them but everyone's eyes were turned towards me.

I calmly watched amid breathtaking attention.

I saw Elijah. No, more precisely, I saw the person behind him.

'So this is what Brigitte was decorating in the break room.'

It may be a common and trivial quarrel within the palace, but this time the scale was so large that it was in front of ten thousand citizens. I couldn't show myself being pushed around.

I squinted my eyes as I looked down at Elijah's chocolate-colored head.

'Here, just coming forward is defeat.'

If that was the case, then it would have been a problem if someone else had stepped forward instead of me.

“Your Highness the 7th Princess.”

Just then, a soft voice called out to me from the middle of the stadium. It was Michael.

“Your Highness, that is not a question worth answering. Lord Halsten will never make a wish anyway.”

Michael stepped forward before Elijah and bowed briefly to me.

“I will definitely bring victory and glory to Your Highness, just like the laurel flower’s language.”

After finishing speaking, Michael glanced behind him at Elijah.

It was a blatant look of contempt. It was also a casual manner that he used instead of formal manners.

It was clearly intended to create a composition looking down.

In this way, Michael allowed the dangerous situation to degenerate into a fight between his direct knights.

“Wow! Very well done, Sir Agnito!”

Alben praised. But Mikhail didn't stop there.

“I have decided on a wish.”

[Oh? Please tell me.]

Michael took a deep breath in secret, opening and closing his mouth slightly.

After making a solemn resolution, he looked up at me in the distance.

Soon, a sweet low-pitched voice flowed out like a serenade.

“Your Highness the 7th Princess, you are my lord. I will dedicate the glory of victory to you. So I dare to ask... Please let me kiss you.”

My eyes dilated.

[Oh oh? No, this is...!]

The host expressed surprise on behalf of the audience.

At first glance, Michael's wish seemed to be for the same reward as Sylvestian's, but in reality, it was completely different.

Because his request was not something he received from the royal family, but something he did to the royal family.

The host cried out in excitement.

[Hey, the subject of the kiss has changed!]

“Woooooooooo!”

“Waaaaaaaaaah!”

The audience almost roared at the bold demands.

The reaction was even more explosive than that of Sylvestian.

Alben applauded and praised him.

“Wow! There’s nothing more stimulating than a downward spiral! Excellent, Lord Agnito!”

“Honestly, I was a little excited too.”

Three epics were born today alone.

The audience expressed their excitement and emotion, saying that this year's opening ceremony was the best ever.

It was at that time that a wave of emotion so strong that it almost made you dizzy swept over the stadium.

I and Michael looked at each other in silence.

There was a great distance between the two, and even one of their faces was covered by a veil.

Despite such obstacles, I and Michael were confident that our eyes would meet each other.

In fact, I wasn't as calm as I seemed.

The longer I looked at Michael, the more intense the trembling of my amber eyes became.

I unconsciously raised my hand to cover my mouth, but was blocked by the veil and lowered it again.

'With the wish to win the martial arts tournament!'

The incident at Lake Melud came to mind.

And the cool, sweet feel of his lips began to come back to life.

At that moment, my face turned bright red.

'Ahhh! Michael, how are you going to handle it!'

It was a good thing the veil covered my face.

If not, I would have covered my face with both hands and fallen onto my knees.

Rosenite's angry voice woke up my spirit.

“I never thought he would think of insubordination. Was it a ploy to not tell us his wish in the first place?”

It was a remark that told me that passing the first order lightly was a blessing in disguise.

Before I could respond, Rosenite turned her head away.

Her hair is already messy. She seemed confident in her interpretation.

At that time, the draw for the match-ups for the three direct knights was completed and the results were announced.

Everyone split up appropriately.

In the semi-finals, under the title that Michael wins everything, he will face Sylvestian.

In the finals, he was placed to face Elijah.

[The draw is over! I've hosted numerous martial arts conferences, I don't think this is the first time I've been so excited about a martial arts tournament. Okay, let's start the match!]

At the same time, Limona in the audience was in a very embarrassed state.

'What, what is it?'

In fact, she was only able to participate in the opening ceremony as a guest singer.

Because it is the peak season for the theater industry, the performance schedule is tight.

When it was her turn to draw the bracket, she slowly got up from her seat to return to the theater.

But then something strange happened.

[First, the direct subordinate of the 7th Princess, Sir Michaelis Agnito!]

“I haven’t decided yet...”

Originally, the draw for the bracket was mixed without distinction between knights and general knights.

Since only the ball was drawn and returned, it was impossible to distinguish individuals.

But today, the host's impromptu event highlighted the three potential winners.

Thanks to this, Limona was able to identify Michael from the 100-man Homunculus Legion.

'I haven't seen the face of Her Highness the 7th Princess, so I should at least see the face of her direct knight!'

Limona immediately took out her opera glasses.

And that was the moment when her heart pounded with excitement.

"OMG!"

Limona felt her breath catch. It wasn't because she was surprised by Michael's beauty.

'Eh, Elis...?!'

She almost screamed when I saw a familiar face.

'Hey, no way. It must be someone who looks like him, right? Right?'

As a matter of course, Limona denied the reality.

But how many times do you blink your eyes?

Limona kept putting the opera glasses on her eyes and taking them off, but it was no use.

The familiar face in the lens was still there.

Bam.

The opera glasses fell from Limona's hands.

“Wow, that’s ridiculous..."

Her dazed eyes wandered through the air.

Limona remained frozen in place for a long time as if she had lost her mind.

Even if they made it to the finals, each player would play a maximum of seven games.

So, during the two weeks of martial arts, the knights had days when they had duels and days when they didn't.

The first day, which has the most games, will be played over five days.

Michael was one of the knights who had a match on the first day.

The opponent was a common knight, and the matter was quickly settled by throwing away the sword.

[Michaelis Agnito, victory! There is no need to watch because of the obvious skill gap. It was a duel! The only conscientious performance was throwing the sword!]

The audience was disappointed, but that didn't mean they were deliberately wasting time.

It was not something that could be done by playing with the opponent as if he was cooking.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments