TPITT - Chapter 120



“Uh, why?”

“I want to sit there.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

I and Rondel were flustered, but Rosenite remained calm.

She sat down quietly and glanced at the boy as if she was conscious of it.

It seemed like they had switched places, probably because of me.

'Why is she like this?'

I and Rosenit stared at each other for a moment, as if they were exploring.

Soon, it was me who spoke first. I happened to have a question.

“Rosie, you seem to have been very sick last week.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t been sick once this year.”

Rosenite was surprisingly strong. Then why didn't she go to Brigitte's tea party?

What was that? This makes me a little confused.

When I remained silent, this time it was Rosenite who spoke.

“I was really impressed by what my sister said at the last banquet. Don’t you remember? You said that politics and social life cannot be separated.”

It seemed like she was holding a grudge against the conversation we had back then and came here to pick a fight.

'Because you're a person who can't live without losing to others, especially to me.'

Soon Rosenite said, stretching her back.

“I thought about it and it seemed like a very true statement. So I made up my mind. I’ll be social. I’ll be social enough to influence politics.”

The sudden declaration of ambition seemed like a warning to me. But anyway, the very existence of Rosenite was of no help to life.

From my perspective, it was nothing more than a threat. In fact, it even had a positive aspect.

'Isn't this better than holding hands with Betty? Was it a good idea to provoke her at the banquet?'

Not only that. If she took a different route, wouldn't I run into fewer problems in the future?

If this reduces the chances of Michael becoming obsessed with me or poisoning me, then it's a very good thing.

'Please, be the Belladonna of the Empire.'

That was the extent of what I expected from my younger sister who had a criminal record.

So I willingly decided to support Rosenite's dream.

“I’m glad you have a good goal.”

“Yes. Please watch over me.”

After finishing speaking, Rosenite raised her face with a bright smile and a challenging look in her eyes.

It wasn't me who returned and fell in love with Rosenite.

It was a smile that would have made anyone's heart flutter.

At that moment, a voice that cheered the entire stadium resounded.

[Dear citizens, you have waited a long time. Now, we will hold the opening ceremony of the Summer Festival!]

At a big event, there was always a host. An eloquent baronet stood on the stage.

He announced the opening with a magic megaphone.

They invited dancers from various troupes that provided a beautiful and wonderful spectacle.

They performed the sword dance with graceful yet restrained gestures. The ending was meaningfully decorated by forming a formation in the shape of a laurel wreath.

The opening ceremony also included a congratulatory song. And currently, the most popular singer was obvious.

'Limona!'

A healthy, tanned, wheat-colored skin girl with black curly hair sang a song passionately.

The 'Song of Victory' she sings not only fits well with the purpose of the martial arts festival but also the audience was thrilled with the powerful and lively melody.

'Ah, you really are the best when you sing.'

I clasped my hands together in excitement at hearing Limona's song for the first time in a long time.

At that moment, Rosenite suddenly expressed her feelings.

“It’s well-decorated and quite a sight.”

As expected, it was like Rosenite who couldn't even say in empty words that someone was pretty unless it was the person reflected in the mirror.

However, reviews of the song were quite favorable.

Rosenite had a keen taste in music, as did her keen hearing. It was extremely rare for her to give even the slightest compliment.

'If you're not going to sing that loud, you should keep quiet.'

Of course, it sounds nice to my ears.

“Wow!”

As the song ended, cheers erupted from the audience. I also applauded without losing my dignity.

But then my eyes caught an ominous sight.

Brigitte's attendant whispered something to the host.

And then things happened.

[Her Highness the Third Princess has something to say to the singer who sang a beautiful song. Miss Limona Lund, please come to the royal family.]

'What? Why are you calling our Limona and making a fuss, sister?!'

A gut feeling that this was definitely going to be a hack crossed my mind.

Meanwhile, Limona was called to the royal family's private seat and bowed respectfully.

“My name is Limona Lund.”

Limona, unaware of the crisis, glanced at the royal stone with an excited face.

I looked up at the ceiling.

'Her Highness the Seventh Princess must be somewhere over there!'

The spunky girl was overcome with joy at finally meeting her sponsor.

She is more interested in who among the royal family will be the 7th Princess than in the 3rd Princess or something like that, and who will be the 7th Princess?

What was more important was how her sponsor had heard her own song a little while ago.

'It's okay. The pitch and rhythm were perfect. But I can't see their faces because they're all wearing veils. 7th Princess is the lower rank is 13th? Let's see. One, two, three."

As Limona was tracing the 13th spot with her eyes, Brigitte's voice flowed out through the amplification magic.

[I understand that your patron is the 7th Princess.]

“Oh, yes. That’s right.”

As expected, she had been caught. The entire audience was stirred by the interesting connection.

The same was true for the royal family. Other royal families, including Rosenite, were shocked.

They all glanced at me in surprise. I was watching the situation with a nervous feeling.

'Don't touch Limona, sister.'

Unfortunately, my warning did not reach Brigitte. Brigitte set a trap for Limona, treating her like prey.

[But it's a song of victory, so I doubt the intention behind the song selection.]

"Yes?"

[If you were to openly call the 7th Princess, isn't that the song you wanted to sing?]

Limona was completely frozen.

Even when Brigette says something ridiculous in a low voice, the atmosphere is different.

Above all, aren't the royal family members capable of oppressing and killing commoners without any hesitation?

It was a time when the gap in social status was frightening. Even if you were a noble, you were a fearful object to the common people. What's more, if you were a royal, you were a fearful object to the common people.

It goes without saying that the royal family ruled over the clans.

The opponent is the Crown Princess candidate who is ranked first in the fluid. If you go against her will, you never know what will happen.

[Why is there no answer?]

It was hard to believe that the stadium could accommodate 100,000 people, but the whole place became quiet. Tension gripped everyone.

'Betty, no, Brigitte. You're really a person.'

Now, it was a waste to even call her older sister.

I bit her lip behind my veil.

It was a harsh situation for a common girl to handle alone.

I tried to raise one hand as if I was going to force herself to step forward. But then...

“Ah, can I, a dull person, speak..."

[Try it.]

“If you say that the person I'm serving is the problem... Although I'm supported by Her Highness the Seventh Princess, Her Highness the Seventh Princess is also under His Majesty's care. So... I hope you will see it as singing of His Majesty’s glory and victory.”

It was a bit disorganized, but the point Limona was trying to make was clear. She borrowed from a higher authority. The justification was impeccable.

'Oh, that's what I was going to say.'

I was dumbfounded at the sight of Limona overcoming the crisis on her own.

Brigitte twisted her lips and spat out the words.

“It seems like you were taught how to speak well.”

This time, it wasn't Limona, but I who was being spoken to.

Then, the royal family looked back at .e again as if they had made a promise.

The direction of the gaze told Limona where Emily was.

'That's her!'

Limona looked up at me.

I just escaped from Brigitte's trap, and the fear is already here.

It was a face that was throbbing with excitement and no trace of fear.

'7th Princess! I did well, didn't I?!'

I let out a small laugh because of that Limona.

The situation that was going around made Brigitte uncomfortable. She snorted, rested her chin on her hand, and spoke arrogantly.

“Oh, that almost ruined the fun.”

'It's because of you.'

That's how the situation was sorted out.

“Stupid Betty.”

Instead of me, there was someone who cursed Brigitte. Surprisingly, it was Rosenite.

She spoke in a low voice as if to make me hear.

“That’s why you lose public support. It’s not like you can compare to me, though. Limona Lund is so popular among people these days. If you publicly persecute her like that, it will be gossip. They say she's good and they’re rushing to get it. It’ll be worth seeing the headlines tomorrow.”

Is it because I like hearing Brigitte's gossip? Until now, it sounded like the smartest thing Rosenite ever said in front of me.

'But as soon as she decides to take a different route, she reveals her true colors.'

Even as I looked somewhat bewildered, Rosenite continued speaking.

“You’ve got a really good card, Sister Eve.”

"Yes?"

“I’m talking about Limona Lund. Don’t you know?”

As if to show that the Imperial White Rose was not a title that was just earned, Rosenite continued to show off her smart side.

“Sister, shall I tell you how to use that card?”

"Card?"

“Yes. If it were me, I would spread the rumor like this. Actually, I was friends with Rimona Lund and secretly sponsored her. The friendship between a commoner and the royal family, homunculus and the royal family, is a story as beautiful as love. I'm sure the people will like it very much. Of course. It doesn’t matter whether it’s true or false.”

It seemed like she was judging by feeling rather than thinking.

In a field that is truly loved and of interest, it seemed as if she had an innate sense of humor. I was surprised for a moment but then felt embarrassed.

'That's all true.'

The unintended situation has put me in a slightly awkward position.

“Even if I tell you this, you won’t be able to actually do it. Well, that’s why I told you.”

Rosenite looked ahead with a face full of her own confidence. And then she added.

“Just wait and see. The hearts of the people... Let me show you how to get it.”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments