KFBRV - Chapter 13




It's an impossible request. Normally.

To falsify information about her father's assets, she needs to have the ability to manipulate information at the bank level.

Furthermore, she needs to know all the secret money her father is secretly running.

But, if it's the male protagonist of this world, Sion. If it's Marquis Kleist who decides the truth of the empire.

“That’s easy.”

“I hope my father and family don’t realize that they’ve lost their property.”

“That too.”

Odette expected it to be possible, but to the point where he accepted it without even thinking about it. With an expression that said it was easy, not to mention boring.

'Should I be impressed that the male lead is different? He really is such an annoyingly smart brat.'

Odette put down her tea, swallowing a feeling that could be either admiration or bitterness.

At the moment when the sound of a thud was heard, Sion continued speaking.

“But the scale is not balanced. It’s too much to ask for just the price of the rat’s name. If I cleverly kill nine people, I can get a list of rats in about five minutes.”

"...Yes."

'Those nine guys, I told you first, didn't you? You little punk.'

But Odette couldn't protest. When Sion made such a sour expression in the game, protesting would most likely only make him angry.

“On the other hand, what you asked for is something that I have to work on myself for a whole day. Don’t you want a perfect illusion that no matter what your father does or what connections he uses, he can’t find a fault with it?”

“Can’t I just put more weight on the scale?”

“Do you have any other information? You’re not saying you’ll cleanse me whenever I want, are you? That’s out of the question.”

He laughed and grumbled.

“How about you ask me to take revenge for you? It would be much cheaper that way.”

Odette warned Sion in a cold voice.

“If you dare touch them, I will not forgive you. Revenge is mine and must be taken by my own hands.”

At those words, Sion closed his mouth. His raised eyebrows looked quite surprised.

'Do you see any overlap with your past?'

Because Sion is a character who spends his whole life seeking revenge for his mother.

'Then I'd better show my vengeance a little more.'

“That’s a useful attitude. Revenge should be done with one’s own hands. There aren’t many people who practice it properly.”

“The only way to regain the dignity that was taken away is to cut off just that much blood and flesh from the enemy. Since this is a precious task that will restore my honor, I must complete it with my own hands.”

Sion stared at her for quite some time. His purple eyes were dull, with no trace of his original disgust or hatred left.

She sensed the essence of that bleak emotion. It was a sense of camaraderie that only those who had chosen the chain of hatred felt.

“...Then put more on the scale, Albrecht. I look forward to seeing how much you’re worth.”

***

Of all the information in this world that only she knows, there is nothing worth putting on the scale. The only things she can say are things that Sion would know.

'The information that I am a fake purifier would be somewhat valuable to him.'

She doesn't intend to reveal that until the day she leaves.

Lying about being a Purifier is a serious crime. If it is revealed that the Counts have committed the 'crime of deceiving humanity', the court will immediately take her family to court and punish them.

If that happens, her revenge will be completely lost.

Besides, once they find out that Odette a fake Purifier, how can the male leads hold back their murderous intent towards her?

The only reason they tolerated her was because she was a Purifier.

“Could you tell me how to maximize the effects of a runaway delay agent?”

“It’s a no-brainer. Unless you’ve developed a new purifier to replace the purifier.”

She let out a bitter laugh. In this world, the development of such a drug is impossible. The only reason this game is rated 19+ is because it has a concept where purification is possible through skinship.

‘...In the end, is this all I have?’

She opened her mouth carefully.

“How about I do what Your Grace wishes the most on your behalf?”

Sion laughed as if it was ridiculous.

“Can you do something like that?”

But his laughter completely disappeared with her next words.

“I will disappear completely in six months. In front of Your Grace and the other S-class Transcendents.”

"...What?"

“A Transcendent can never harm a Purifier. A Transcendent who kills a Purifier is subject to the terrible punishment of God.”

“...”

“There’s no way to get rid of me other than by leaving on my own two feet. How about I do that for you?”

“You are the only Purifier. Leaving the capital-.”

“After six months, my purification will no longer be necessary. I swear in God’s name that it will not leave any side effects. It will not harm the Transcendents.”

Only then did he look at her with interest. He seemed quite pleased with what she had placed on the scale.

“There was no sign that your company would come out with a purifier within six months.”

She knew it. They must have planted a lot of intelligence agents there.

“I swear by God. Your Grace, just tell me what you like about what I put on the scales.”

A Purifier who breaks his oath to God will be punished by God. As long as he believes that Odette is a Purifier, Sion will have no choice but to believe this oath.

“6 months.”

Sion nodded slowly, indicating permission.

“You’ve given something good. I’m surprisingly satisfied with it.”

He was smiling rarely, a cheerful smile he would only give in front of Charlotte.

“I’ll also put a little more on the scale. Any money your family spends in the future will be left to me as a debt. Of course, it won’t affect your personal assets in any way.”

“Yes, I like it.”

“Yes. Is there anything else you want?”

“Please destroy all the criminal enterprises of my family. And give the victims a fair compensation. You can take the compensation from my assets.”

“You can ruin it, but you’ll leave the cost as debt for your family. When children are too sloppy, they tend to lose their parents’ habits.”

She nodded in agreement. It wouldn't be a bad thing if it put more burden on the Albrecht humans.

Sion held out his hand as if asking for a handshake. It was a habit he only had when he had made a deal he really liked.

'Is it really that good that I'm disappearing?'

Shaking off the brief bitterness, Odette took his hand.

She knows how clean Sion is, so now it's just a matter of how well she does.

'The foundation for revenge has been laid. Now I can plan to my heart's content.'

So that the souls of the families are ruined and destroyed. So that they live a life filled with regret and resentment every day. So that the nights are lonely and sad.

I will make you just like me. Your soul will crumble into rubble.

***

'I'm sure you got what you wanted from the monopoly. How perfect would it have been if the ending had been happy?'

Odette was hugging Sion with a trembling expression.

'Why am I riding a transcendent being instead of a carriage?'

She did feel a bit unwell after touching Night Glory... but why did she collapse at the very moment she was about to leave?

Odette ended up like this because she had a high fever that made it impossible for her to control her body.

Sion frowned at Odette's uncomfortable expression.

“You say we have to go back at dawn so that we don’t get caught coming to the palace? Isn’t that the best we can do?”

Yes. It's definitely not possible to reach S-class transcendent speeds on horseback. It's faster than the KTX she rode in Hyundai when she was Han Soo-wan.

'He runs at this speed without breaking a sweat, and his voice doesn't even waver when he speaks.'

She feels the reality of the existence of the transcendent being anew. A beautiful monster of God. She thinks she understands why it is called that nickname.

...But isn’t it too embarrassing to hug a women?

“It’s because my posture is embarrassing.”

Odette said with a sigh.

“No one will see it, so who cares? I don’t feel like it, so just go quietly.”

Seeing how he was so willing to move despite his dislike of touching Odette, it seems he was quite pleased with his dealings with her.

'It's amazing that saying I'll disappear has lowered the level of disgust to this extent.'

Fearing that his already low level of disgust would be heightened, Odette quietly kept her mouth shut.

As she fell into silence, Sion's face came into view.

Should I say he's not the male lead for nothing? 

Even when looking from below his chin, his face is free of any sense of humiliation.

A smooth and aristocratic handsome face.

'I should say he's a handsome man with more slyness than the Crown Prince.'

His purple eyes and silver hair were languid, and the teardrops under his long eyes seemed to bewitch people.

Should I say he's like a male gumiho? 

His voice is strangely husky, and compared to his appearance, it's too low, and he's so earnest that he seems to bewitch people.

“Is it because you are illiterate that you completely neglect your duties as a purifier? You have never even reported on your awakening dreams?”

Awakening dream, what is that? She looked at Sion with a puzzled expression.

“Don’t you even know what an awakening dream is?”

<Redemption> It's a concept that has never appeared in the game or in the setting book. Odette nodded.

".... Yes."

“Tsk, they really raised you to be an idiot.”

Sion continued, frowning as if he knew what was going on.

“The awakening dream is the dream that the Purifiers have when they awaken. Water will come out in proportion to the amount of purification ability they have. A cup, a bottle, a fountain. It doesn’t matter where it is put, as long as it’s water.”

'Ah... There was a scene like that in Charlotte's dream in the game too.'

It was a scene of a river that was so red and thick it was ecstatic.

But Odette had never had such an ecstatic dream. It was natural. It was a perfect fake, as proven through the game's setting and past life.

“I don’t remember very well. It’s been so long.”

Odette covered it up with a lie.

'I've never seen such enchanting water. In my dreams, at most, it's something like the sea.'

Even though, she hasn't had a dream since she was 15, when she met Mengele.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments