TPITT - Chapter 101



Perhaps because it had been removed from its original habitat, the lakebed, and exposed to the heat, Nepenthes had weakened rapidly.

Michael was able to reach the main body shortly after.

He aimed his night ray at the throat where the core was lodged.

Pfft!

Two huge flower petals burst out.

But Nepenthes only struggled and did not die.

'It seems like the core is deep because it's big.'

He decided to finish it off with one blow.

It was when Michael picked up his sword.

Nepenthes also seemed to sense a desperate crisis and changed its response.

Kuoooooo!

Nepenthes, roaring so loud that it made your eardrums rip off, suddenly dived into the water.

Michael hurriedly used his flight magic to avoid being swept away.

He looked down at the lake, which was still bubbling with heat.

'What'?'

It seemed as if Nepenthes had chosen to be boiled itself.

But there was a time when Michael felt nervous because of an uneasy feeling.

Kookung! Kookugung!

Soon the lake's edge began to collapse, eroding away.

'No way this is...!'

Only then did Michael realize Nepenthes' intentions and flinch.

He was smart about the topic of carnivorous plants.

It was a trick to lower the temperature of the water by mixing it with cold water from deep underground.

That was when.

“Whoa!”

Once again Eve's voice made Michael's heart stop.

This scream was real.

“Princess!”

Michael turned to where the sound came from.

And it was able to find out the only weakness of Arachne, who he thought was absolute.

It was right under your feet.

“Hey, Michael...!”

The ground Eve had been standing on was eroded. Her body tilted and slid down the slope.

Unfortunately, the eroded area and the lake were connected. Hot water was gradually rising from the slope.

It's too far to approach. It'll be too late.

Even in a heart-stopping situation, Michael made careful decisions.

He didn't fly towards Eve.

Instead, he raised his magical power to the limit that his mana core would allow. And he cast a freezing spell on the lake water.

Michael, who trained mainly in offensive magic, said he was good at controlling temperature.

He knew full well that delicate magic operation was difficult.

So, he decided to get some help from magic tools in terms of technique.

That magic tool was a magic stone embedded in the sword. Thanks to that, the lake water temperature is ideal for bathing.

And at that very moment, Eve went down the slope as if she was sliding down a slide.

She was swept away into the lake. It was really close timing.

Plop!

Even as she was swept away by the current, Eve tried to remain calm. First, she used breathing magic to catch her breath.

“Phuha!”

I solved the most important thing. But I couldn't feel relieved. The current kept pulling Eve to the bottom of the lake.

The lake water had become muddy due to the rage of Nepenthes, making visibility difficult.

Even if she tries to escape with floating magic and flying magic, it is useless.

She was so swept away by the current that she lost all sense of direction, not knowing where was up and where was down.

Eve felt a sudden sense of fear.

At that moment, someone grabbed Eve's arm and pulled her towards him. It was Michael.

“Michael...”

Eve was able to speak thanks to the breathing magic, as her airway and mouth were free of water.

On the other hand, Michael was holding his breath. Eve noticed this and immediately cast a breathing spell on him as well.

“Princess..."

"I'm okay."

Eve cut off Michael, who was already expressing his guilt over not being able to protect her.

From the moment she began to be protected by Michael, Eve became immune to the effects of the crazy currents.

Thanks to this, Eve had the freedom to cast other magic. Using purification magic, the surrounding mud was calmed, securing the field of vision.

The body of Nepenthes was seen curled up on the bottom of the lake. As the water temperature decreased, it seemed to stop working.

“Let’s go up to the ground first.”

"No."

I said as I looked at Nepenthes, which had begun to regenerate tentacle roots.

“I think now is the chance. Let’s attack right away. I’ll take care of the tentacles, Michael, destroy the core.”

I, who got my hands on the Silver Arachne, immediately judged how to use it appropriately for the situation.

"I get it."

“Well then, excuse me.”

It was when Michael was puzzled by the unexpected remark. Suddenly I wrapped his arms around Michael's neck and pulled his body close to me.

'Princess?'

Michael was so shocked for a moment that his mind almost went blank.

But soon I was able to find a rational reason.

Arachne of the Silver Sword was a magic that relied on my spatial awareness.

It was clear that I was trying to be close to Michael and make sure he knew exactly what area he should keep as a safe zone.

'I almost got surprised.'

Michael quickly calmed down his left chest, which had been shaking for a moment.

At that time, my mana core glowed and released a huge amount of mana.

At the same time, the grace extended to an unprecedentedly wide range.

Crush! Crush!

As expected from a fraudulent skill, the silver-skinned Arachne is in me and Michael's sight.

All the tentacle roots were ground off.

When the two approached the main body, Nepenthes had no more tentacle roots left.

Nepenthes needed nutrients to grow tentacles again. It opened its mouth to devour Michael and me.

“Huh..."

Michael gave advice to me, who was gasping for breath in surprise.

“Princess, close your eyes.”

Michael quickly stabbed Nepenthes in the throat with his sword and cut out the core.

Kieeeek!

Nepenthes, who had lost its core, died screaming in fear that people would hear it in their dreams.

Michael took the core of a hundred-year-old Nepenthes as his loot.

The current began to subside in the lake. Michael spoke to Eve who was hanging from his neck, feeling calm.

“It’s over.”

“Princess?”

There was no answer. Feeling puzzled, he felt the strength gradually leaving the arms around my neck.

Michael looked at Eve in surprise.

She had a look on her face as if she was about to faint. Now he could see that the breathing magic had been removed.

'No way.'

The answer was quickly found. Arachne's Silver Sword was a magic that consumed a lot of mana.

It has been used to an extent that is incomparable to what it used to be.

It was clear that the mana had been drawn down to the bottom and exhausted.

'But why is her breathing...'

Michael wondered, then realized that it was such an obvious question.

What else could it be if Eve didn't prioritize Michael's breathing?

'Princess!'

At that moment, Michael felt his heart tighten. His eyes darkened as he looked at Eve in his arms.

At that time, Eve's last breath bubbled and escaped from his lips.

Eve was still unconscious. In fact, she was about to die.

'Ppa, hurry... I can't breathe, Michael. Hey, get out of the water quickly...'

Eve gently grabbed Michael's arm to replace the voice that was not coming out.

His purple eyes shook violently.

After a while, Michael's face became grave.

“Forgive my rudeness, my Princess.”

'Yes...?'

That was the moment.

'Ah...!'

My breathing returned. It was a bit strange that it came through my mouth instead of my nose.

It was strange, but my body, which was desperate for air at the time, had no time to worry about even the smallest details.

My body desperately sought the air given to me through my mouth to survive.

“Ha, ha..."

I took a deep breath as if I was drinking honey water that was dripping down. As soon as the oxygen passed through, the confusion that had been occupying my mind subsided a little.

I slowly opened my eyes as I regained consciousness. Something was filling my field of vision.

'What is this?'

It was too close and out of focus.

I had to squint my eyes for a long time before I could realize what was in front of me.

Black hair is like aquatic plants swaying in the water. And black eyelashes that fall seductively.

It was Michael's face.


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment