IDMH - Chapter 90


Thump, thump-

I was about to go off the rails, but why didn't heaven help me?

Because of the sudden rain shower, we had no choice but to return to the mansion.

If it weren't for the innkeeper's son lending me an umbrella, I would have been soaking wet like a drowning rat.

“When I return the umbrella, I should send a gift to say thank you for lending it to me.”

"I'll do it."

“I can do it.”

Perdes paused for a moment and then said.

“I don’t think Youn Lady will be here then.”

Oh. Now that I think about it, that's what it is.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tomorrow.

Those words pierced my heart.

Just recently, entering the academy seemed like a distant dream.

Now it's so close that I hate it a little.

...Not a little bit.

I looked at the back of Perdes walking ahead.

The secret passage was too narrow for two people to walk side by side, so we walked in a straight line like a train.

When we went out, I walked in front, and when we went back, Perdes walked in front.

“Do you know the way?”

“I know. I memorized it when I left earlier.”

“Don’t memorize it.”

“I have to memorize it. Then, when Youn Lady leaves everything to me, I can use it as an escape route.”

When he says that, my conscience pricks.

"Sorry."

"What?"

“I feel like I’m leaving with too much luggage.”

“That’s right. Wasn’t this the purpose of reaching out to me from the beginning?”

“That’s true, but...”

But when that moment actually came, my heart felt heavy.

I never worried that he might not do well.

From what I've seen so far, not only is Perdes good at his job, but he also has a passion for Leopold's estate and works hard for it.

As long as his heart doesn't change, I will continue to work hard even without me.

“Harness and Sarah will be of great help in the internal affairs of the dugout. If there’s anything you don’t know, ask them.”

"Yes."

“You can ask the managers of each department about other tasks. Oh, did you see the schedule I made in advance? Just do as it says.”

While I was talking, Perdes, who had been walking diligently, looked back at me.

“Just run it?”

"Yes."

“Even if something happens?”

“That won’t happen very often.”

Because I wrote it after experiencing the future.

“Why are you so sure?”

“Because I saw it from the future?”

“That’s a funny joke.”

I'm not kidding.

“Okay. Even so, how many years do you plan on leaving the territory to me?”

“I told you before. About two years.”

“I heard that the Knight Academy training course is six years. Is the Union different?”

“It’ll probably be the same there, six years.”

“But you’re only going to leave it to me for two years?”

When I nodded, Perdes pursed his lips and asked.

“Who will you leave the remaining four years to? That man?”

“No, if you are talking about Lord Aldor.”

How can I leave it to him when the same thing as my second life will happen again?

“Then who should I leave it to?”

"Me."

"What?"

“It’s me. I’ll be back after graduating from the academy within two years, so please take care of me until then.”

"What...?"

Perdes muttered, his voice thumping as if he was quite flustered.

“It sounds ridiculous, but since it’s what Young Lady says, I can’t help but believe it, and because I believe it, it’s funny..."

What the hell is that?

“Stop talking nonsense and go quickly.”

I couldn't go forward because he was standing in front of me, blocking my way.

As I turned my back, Perdes had no choice but to move forward, but he continued to mutter strange things.

***

Next day.

I officially announced at the morning meeting that I was going to the Royal Academy of the United Nations.

Needless to say, the Duke's residence was turned upside down by my announcement.

There was only the indifferent person and Harness and Perdes, who I knew beforehand.

“Oh my God, what are you talking about! You’re a knight academy! That’s ridiculous!”

“It’s dangerous, my lady. If you’re doing this because of the dukedom, just ask His Majesty the Emperor for the title!”

“That’s right! You can be knighted at His Majesty the Emperor’s discretion!”

Yeah, there was a way like that.

Although the Emperor would not give it to me.

“I’ll be back soon, so don’t worry too much.”

“So soon! I heard the regular course at the Knight Academy takes 6 years!”

“It’ll come sooner than that.”

The expected period of two years was kept secret for various reasons including the Emperor.

That day, everyone who made eye contact with me shouted that it was nonsense.

Among them, some held onto my skirt and cried, telling me not to go, so I felt a little embarrassed.

Perdes, who had been following me around all day, skipping morning training and doing things for me, also clicked his tongue at the sight.

“If anyone saw you, they would think you were going to die.”

“It might seem that way from their perspective.”

The Knight Academy had a bad reputation for many reasons.

From their perspective, I must have looked like a beautiful flower grown in a greenhouse, so it was natural for them to be shocked when I told them I was going to such a place.

“Well, I’ve heard rumors about the Knights Templar too.”

Perdes muttered as if he understood, then looked around.

“What are you looking for?”

"The man."

Is that man Sir Aldor?

“I thought he’d be the first to come running when he heard the news, but I find it strange that I haven’t seen him all day.”

By the way, Sir Aldor hasn't come even once today.

It was definitely strange.

“What's going on?"

“If that was the case, wouldn’t the knights have come running and told him the news?”

That's right.

“I must go to LmSor Aldor.”

I headed to the Knights' quarters to make sure that nothing was wrong with him.

It was dinner time so I thought he would be eating at a restaurant, but he wasn't there.

When we asked the knights, they all told us unexpected stories.

“After hearing the news about you during morning training, he locked himself in his room all day and didn’t come out.”

“Don’t do any other training, and don’t even eat.”

...They say that a teacher and his student resemble each other, but there is no need to resemble even this.

I had barely managed to convince Perdes, but now I was starting to feel dizzy thinking that I had to convince Sir Aldor.

Still, Sir Aldor listens to me well, so it will be easy to persuade him.

“Lord Perdes, please return to the mansion first. I will go and meet Sir Aldor.”

"Yes."

I thought he would threaten to go with me, but Perdes left without a fight.

I went straight to Aldor's room.

Knock knock-

“Sir Aldor.”

Knock knock-

“It’s not inside?”

No way.

It was clear that he was locked in his room all day.

But since there was no answer, my anxiety grew.

I didn't wait any longer and opened the door right away.

"Huh?"

Then I saw the room in disarray as if a thief had broken in.

Sir Aldor was a man of such cleanliness that even his cleaning servants were amazed.

But because the room was so messy, I felt even more anxious.

I felt even more uneasy because I couldn't see him in the room.

Quickly, give Sir Aldor to the knights...

"Miss?"

When I heard his voice from inside the room, I looked over in a hurry.

Sir Aldor was standing in front of the bathroom.

His hair was slightly wet as if he had just washed up.

“You were in the room?”

But I asked without caring since he had already put on all his clothes.

Sir Aldor answered, avoiding my gaze.

“Didn’t you know about it?”

This one's pissed off too.

It would be more accurate to say that he was angry rather than upset.

“I guess you’re upset that I didn’t tell you in advance that I was going to the Academy. I’m sorry, Sir Aldor.”

"...It's okay."

Sir Aldor muttered with a completely displeased expression on his face.

“I’m telling you, young lady, that’s all I can do.”

“No, that’s absolutely not the case.”

Why does everyone have such strange misunderstandings?

“I couldn’t tell you. I hope you don’t think anything strange because I didn’t tell anyone else fairly, aside from Sir Aldor.”

“...Is what it says.”

“What did you just say?”

“No, nothing.”

Sir Aldor smiled faintly.

“I was going to wash up and come see you anyway.”

“Oh, is that so?”

“Yes. I was going to tell you that I’m going to the academy with you tomorrow.”

"...Yes?"

I asked back, doubting my ears.

“What did you just say?”

“I told you I was going to the academy with you.”

"Why?"

“I am your knight, so of course I must go with you wherever you go.”

If you say it like that, I have nothing to say...

“Only those related to the academy can enter.”

“I know. That’s why I was going to apply for a temporary professorship at the academy.”

He's serious.

Sir Aldor is really trying to follow me to the Academy.

Of course, it would be nice if he went with me since it was a completely foreign land where I didn't know anyone.

"No."

Sir Aldor had other things to do besides following me.

“Sir Aldor must stay here and look after the Knights.”

No matter how hard Perdes worked, he couldn't do all the work of the Knights.

Moreover, since he is not good at swordsmanship, he needs someone like Sir Aldor to hold him from the front.

“Please take good care of the Knights while I am away.”

I said, holding Sir Aldor's hand tightly.

“Will you listen to my request?”

Sir Aldor's expression became clouded. It looked as if he was holding back tears.

Sir Aldor looked at me silently, then knelt down on one knee and kissed the back of my hand respectfully.

“I will follow your orders, my lord.”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments