FYERIL - Chapter 33 < Messy Lyric (4) >




"I think it's the Madeleine Square." 

Even in the midst of all this, the singing continued. Along with the magnificent orchestral music. The nobles, who had been pondering for a moment, soon made a decision. 

"Let's go!" 

"We have nothing to do, so let's just take a walk around the square and then go back."

*** 

Madeleine Square. Famous for the fountain that spouts from the angel statue's harp, this place was already crowded with people, but today it was especially crowded. At the center of it all was a group of orchestras. It was common for street musicians to play instruments or sing for a few coins, but never before had an orchestra appeared all at once like this. 

"Oh my gosh, what's this orchestra? A violin and a clarinet..." 

"Mom, what's that? The violin is huge!" 

"It's a cello, but don't even look at it. If you scratch it, we'll have to sell our house." 

People gathered, bewildered by the appearance of a formal orchestra. The members, all standing in front of hundreds of people, looked nervous. The members' firm gazes turned toward me, who had just arrived as if they had promised. 

"It's okay." 

I slowly looked them over and gave them a silent message. 

"Just do as you practiced." 

A month of practice. It was by no means a generous amount of time. That's why I intensively trained each member individually to maximize efficiency.

"Mr. Philippe has perfect technique, but he lacks a bit of emotion. That's an area that requires a lot of time investment, but there are ways to make it look like you've improved in a short period. Would you like to try vibrato first? Okay, there, like this..." 

"Mr. Rossani, don't use trills. Your left fourth finger joint is weak, right?" 

"Oh my, how can you do that?" 

"I've revised the score so that your fourth joint won't be strained, so please check it." 

"Ariana! What about me?" 

"Mr. Ruben, practice half as much as you are doing now." 

"Huh?!" "

Mr. Ruben is incredibly talented. However, because you're young, you're pushing yourself too hard because of the obsession that you have to catch up with your career quickly. If you keep doing this, your joints will be ruined in three years." 

"Really?" 

"Trust me and practice moderately. You need to sleep at night to grow taller." 

"Wow, how did you know I didn't sleep?"

I spent every day like that for the past month. The reason I was able to teach them in a pinch was simple. It was because I had already spent five years with those people. They probably don't know. Five years later, the Lopez Orchestra would become the best orchestra. It was a natural result because everyone was so talented and passionate. I just added a little trick to help them reach that future faster. 

The members quickly adapted to my coaching and began to grow at an incredible rate. Perhaps because they could see their growth, their practice time doubled. 

"So you don't have to be nervous."

Even if the venue and audience changed, and even if my heart was crushed by the pressure, I would not betray the time I put into practice. I nodded to the conductor. 

Soon, the performance began. At first, it was a solo show by Ruben's violin. 

"Wow..." 

"Oh my." 

Passersby who were curiously wandering around stopped in their tracks at the sorrowful tone that rose from the young boy's hands. Soon, melodies overlapped, and beautiful harmonies danced shyly. In the middle of it all, Rosalind opened her mouth. 

The moment I first saw you, I felt it. That forbidden passion would burn me. 

A clear yet captivating tone. The voice that perfectly blended with the melody of the stringed instrument gave me the impression of seeing a work of art in itself. People began to whisper in surprise. 

"Was there a singer like that? I've never seen that face before." 

"The tone is so good." 

As I listened to the voices praising Rosalind, my heart felt strangely tickled. What was this feeling? 

It was like seeing a rabbit that I had raised in my arms jump for the first time... 

The strange feeling was embarrassing, but in fact, it was understandable. In fact, the one I put the most effort into over the past month was not the members, but Rosalind. 

No matter what, the flower of Aria is a soprano. There were times when Rosalind lost her confidence and cried due to the continuous lessons.

"I don't think I can do it, Ariana... I guess it's because I don't have the basics. Maybe my dream of becoming a soprano was absurd... Ugh, what if I just cause trouble for Ariana?" 

"Miss Rosalind is already a great singer." 

"W-Thank you so much for your words... It really comforts me when you say that. But..." 

"It's not comfort. I just really think that way. You'll get even better in the future." 

"El... Better than Elena?"

When I turned around, surprised by the name, Rosalind bit her lip.

"I'm sorry if I sound presumptuous, but I made a guess... Ariana is the daughter of the Lopez family, and the Lopez house already has a great soprano named Elena. So, why are you trying to discover me?" 

"..."

"When you first saw me, you said that Ariana composed 'On Possession'. Edward is the composer known to the public, but when I saw Ariana play it right before my eyes, I knew that Ariana was the real composer." 

"... "

"I don't know the details, but maybe... I was guessing that Ariana was trying to get back the songs that were stolen from your family, like 'On Possession, am I wrong?" 

I remembered the face that had asked with a trembling voice. I stared blankly at Rosalind and briefly told her my story. It was only two or three sentences, really short and concise. Rosalind, who had heard everything, wiped away her tears and suddenly clenched her fists.

"I'm sorry for speaking weakly, Ariana. I, I will do my best to help Ariana with your goal. I will never lose to El, Elena..."

After that, she practiced day and night as if she had awakened. I had to force myself to stop her because I was worried about her vocal nodules. The results of her efforts were unfolding before me. 

I'll tempt you where no one can see, food that's bad for your health is actually tastier. 

Rosalind bloomed like a summer rose, showing off her lovely face and clear voice. 

"Wow... Her voice is really pretty. Her vocal power is amazing." 

"The melody itself is really good?" 

"But the lyrics are a bit...?" 

When some people tilted their heads to listen to the lyrics, Rosalind sang the next verse with a strange smile. 

Even though my friend was next to me, my eyes kept going to his husband, and the taboo restriction made me even more anxious.

A few people opened their mouths and whispered. 

"No... Did you just hear the lyrics?" 

"What? Are you trying to seduce your friend's husband, right now?" 

The people were shocked but couldn't take their eyes off the stage. Now, no one was walking down the street with their backs to the fountain. I felt the people's reactions with my whole body and smiled broadly. The lyrics were vulgar and promiscuous, unlike the melody which was so refined that it reminded me of a hymn. The shock from this gap was what I had intended. 

With just one glance, you were captivated as if you had been waiting, saying that you also don't find anything fun unless it's forbidden. 

"Well, let's hear it, her friend's husband is also crazy." 

"They're just like that." 

The expressions of the audience listening to the aria were as immersed as if they were watching a popular play. 

We just have to avoid getting caught, so our lies are white lies. 

"You're talking like white lies!" 

"Don't you know that all cheaters say the same thing?" 

As the lyrics immersed in sticky lust, the elegant melody also heated up with urgency. The quickened tempo caught people's eyes and ears like a spider web.

Love me more. In the garden, in the hallway, in a friend's dressing room. 

"Oh my, how absurd! A garden!" 

"A friend's dressing room? This is a total mess!" 

Rosalind reached her climax amidst hundreds of eyes focused only on her.

Falling in love isn't a crime, if it were, I'd be in prison for life!

The soprano held her hands tightly, closed her eyes, and let out her high notes to her heart's content. As her explosive vocals overwhelmed the plaza, everyone forgot the strange lyrics for a moment and went wild. 

"Wow, waaaaaaa!" 

"Wonderful!" 

Rosalind, who had successfully completed the climax, smiled happily and greeted them.

Clap, clap, clap, clap! 

The sight of hundreds of people clapping their hands was reminiscent of a triumphal procession. Rosalind, who had been listening to the applause pouring down like firecrackers, bit her lips and turned around to wipe her tears. 

When the soprano, who had seemed skilled throughout the performance, showed signs of clumsiness, the people began to applaud even more enthusiastically. 

"Whew!" 

"It was a wonderful performance!" 

The people shared their appreciation, clapping their hands as if the square was going to burst. 

"Wow, it's been a while since my ears have been pampered." 

"Not only the soprano, but the orchestra's performance was also great. I wonder if it's okay to hear this for free." 

"Really, it's on a level that puts most opera house music out of reach." 

"The lyrics were ridiculous all the way through, but..." 

"The melody lingers in my ears more than anything else." 

Hmm, euh-eum. 

A few people began humming the song they had just heard. Even with a simple hum, most people were able to embody the core melody almost perfectly. It was natural. 

'Addiction and easy melody.'

It's a song that I put all my heart and soul into. It's so addictive that it'll linger in your ears all day after listening to it just once. And it's a melody that's easy to listen to, so you can sing along right away. And it's a song that will maximize its artistic beauty.  I stayed up all night for several days to create such a song. 

"Thank you, thank you so much." 

Rosalind, who kept thanking me, suddenly raised her head and shouted with sparkling eyes. 

"Then let me introduce our composer! Ariana Lopez!" 

Everyone turned to me at Rosalind's dramatic gesture. 

"That person...?" 

"I know, I saw it in the newspaper. It's that lady." 

"Huh, Ariana Lopez! The runaway bride!" 

A murmur spread among the people who had begun to recognize my face. Some looked suspicious. 

"That lady just made that song?" 

"That's ridiculous. Those chords couldn't have been made without a great knowledge of harmony?" 

"A young woman like that..." 

I smiled faintly in the middle of that gaze. There was no need to explain myself here and now. Rosalind shouted happily as if she didn't even sense the strange atmosphere. 

"Please give the composer a round of applause!" 

Clap, clap, clap. 

Most of the people who had already been consumed by the excitement of the stage responded without any resistance. I gently lifted the hem of my skirt. 

"Thank you." 

*** 

The audience members who had begun to disperse hummed absentmindedly. 

"Um, hmm... Oh, what were the lyrics here?" 

"How could you forget such shocking lyrics? Even when my friend was next to me, my eyes kept going to the husband." 

"Ah. I definitely won't forget it again." 

The audience members slowly began to disperse, humming similar notes as if they had been brainwashed. 

"Even when my friend was next to me..." 

"Hmm, hmm hmm."


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments