TPITT - Chapter 80


I knew the answer to the question Michael had been unable to ask the great sage in the spruce forest due to time constraints.

Michael's power would awaken naturally even if left alone, but he could have brought it forward by interacting with his fellow tribesmen in a way that would allow him to feel a sense of bond with them.

'The homunculus is in a state of resignation while doing hard labor due to the brainwashing of the imperial family. There must be someone who can give them will and lead them.'

Of course, only Michael could play that role.

In that sense, I judged that Michael's rapid awakening was necessary.

Of course, I had no idea that his awakening would bring back memories of his past life.

'It's a good thing that dispatching became possible, but... unfortunately, the investigation into the mine situation that was reported last time has fallen into the hands of someone else.'

The actual survey is usually conducted once a season. It was too long to wait three months.

'I guess I need to take action.'

I had something in mind. I leisurely brought the milk tea to my lips.

“Lord Redmon, how is the business in the pioneering district going?”

“We will soon select a family to whom we will entrust the construction project.”

“Well, then it wouldn’t be a problem if you met Count Luciard. What if rumors spread that the Count and the Protocol Department officials were exchanging bribes?”

My face became serious. Then Alben complained about the injustice.

“No, Your Highness. What kind of joke are you talking about? Bribery? What do you think of Alben Redmon, the guardian of integrity?”

"Integrity..."

I blinked, wondering if I had misheard. Kayden answered instead.

“You don’t have to worry, Your Highness. Lord Redmon recently uncovered a bribery scandal that had been received by Count Sanchez in exchange for neglecting the supervision of the palace personnel. If he did, he would have caught them, and he would never be the one to commit. No one would associate Redmon Young with bribery.”

Alben's chest puffed out at Kayden's praise.

His face looked extremely satisfied as he simultaneously achieved revenge against Count Sanchez and justice within the confines of the state.

While I struggled to adjust to the disconnect from my past life, Kayden and Alben continued their conversation.

“It’s amazing how fast you can catch things. What’s your secret, Lord Redmon?”

“Haha, when I see a loophole in the management system, I immediately think of something I should do. If you lower the level by two or three levels there, it matches the methods of the guys who commit corruption.”

“Haha, that’s great. It’s as if you have a thorough understanding of corruption.”

“Thank you for such generous words. I still have a long way to go. I will work hard until I reach the ranks of the wise.”

He was like the Alben that I knew, who had become the master of the world of corruption.

'Lord Redmon, I'm glad you found a place to use your talents.'

I asked the question I had not been able to ask before, thinking that good things are good things.

“Is there a plan for the pioneer area yet?”

“It came out yesterday. I brought a copy because I thought Her Highness the Princess might be curious about it.”

Alben took out a rolled up piece of paper from his bosom. He started explaining the pictures one by one.

“We placed key institutions around the academy and arranged collective housing for the poor to move into. On the southern outskirts, a single-family home will be built for the homunculus knights. We plan to create waterways every five blocks to be used for canals and stormwater treatment.”

“The waterway is great. It will be a solid preparation for the rainy season. Since we are pushing the specialized business toward agriculture, we can also supply agricultural water.”

“Yes. That’s great that you saw right through it.”

“But there are empty lots here and there in the bird’s eye view. What are they?”

“We left it empty in anticipation of future expansion of important facilities. The better the location of the annex, the more expensive it would be to the nobles.”

“Hoo.”

At this point, I couldn't hold back my curiosity.

“Who drew the bird's eye view?”

"That's me."

“The Lord himself?”

“When I was in Redmon Estate, I learned a little bit about estate management with my brother. That knowledge from back then was helpful in this regard.”

As expected, he was a talented person. If he was left alone and did this well, how much better would he be if squeezed?

I looked at Alben, filled with anticipation.

Alben looked very pleased with the gaze of favor and trust.

At that time, Anais brought important information.

“It is said that the construction of the Academy will be delegated separately from the construction of the house. The Marquis of Chansley is targeting the Academy.”

“I see he ended up taking over a construction company.”

“I heard that there is talk of starting a bathhouse business.”

“That’s not good news.”

It seemed that I had been trying to jump in as a latecomer, coveting the success of the Lady Lucyard. I thought in my last life.

I thought of Hadelun, who had been ruined by the prostitution business and the great fire, and my eyes darkened.

'By the way, Chansley still hasn't been able to sell the magic stone because he hasn't been able to get through a small distribution channel yet. Where did the money come from to acquire the construction company?'

This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

I was lost in thought for a moment.  Kayden checked his pocket watch.

“Oh. I have a meeting with the accounting department, so I’ll have to leave first.”

“Yes, Baron Laflier.”

However, Kayden, who got up from his seat, did not leave right away but left a message.

“This quarter’s budget has been passed in the first round at five times the size of last quarter.”

“There are so many.”

“In light of Your Highness’s position, it is appropriate to execute the budget for Your Highness’s current position. I am concerned that this will be a subject of gossip because the increase in personal assets is so large.”

“We must not spare our donations and support.”

“Yes. If possible, rather than doing a secret sponsorship like Rimona Lund, I would like to recommend you reveal it with honor. In my opinion, I think it would be best to create a scholarship system in the Academy in the name of the 7th  Princesses. I am grateful to Your Highness for allowing me to learn as a talented person.”

Kayden's advice was as kind as an uncle giving advice to his nephew. But Anais and Alben, who were listening from the side, flinched.

I smiled and put down ny teacup.

“What if you were moved by the opportunity and offered me your loyalty? My support would soon become political activity. It may be so, but would you, Baron, sincerely advise me to do so?”

Despite the sharp criticism, Kayden was not fazed. Instead, he spoke as if he had been waiting for it.

“I hope these words are not unpleasant to hear for those who have a purpose.”

"Haha."

I burst into laughter, lightening the mood at the table. Then I sent Kayden away.

“Come to my place for a cup of coffee later.”

“Thank you. I really need to step back now. I will go and see you later, Your Highness.”

Alben watched Kayden walk away with drooping eyes.

Soon, when even his back couldn't be seen, Alben leaned towards me and said as if he didn't like it.

“He is truly a raccoon-like man, looking at Your Highness the Princess, Isn’t he?”

“If you complain like that, wouldn’t you be like a traitor, Lord Redmon?”

“Oh no. That’s not true.”

As if he wanted to uphold his nickname of the Guardian of Integrity, Alben straightened his back again and sat up straight.

“I like Baron Laflier.”

“Your Highness, please look upon me as I have been unfailingly loyal.”

It was Alben who pretended to cry. I leisurely sipped my milk tea and opened my mouth.

“I’ll let you know soon how much I trust you.”

“Are you sure?”

“You can look forward to it.”

My eyes sparkled mischievously, but Alben, who was full of loyalty, didn't notice.

***

The next day, Cedella woke me up a little earlier than usual.

“Your Highness, it's the day I have to visit you in the morning."

"Oh yeah."

I spent the whole day yesterday in the imperial library, looking through boring imperial historical records that were over 300 years old.

Even so, I wasn't able to see everything before the library closed.

So, with Michael's help, I borrowed enough records to move them back and forth twice to my residence.

Cedella knew her master well.

I must have seen the dawn breaking and then lay down in bed and took a short nap.

I couldn't come to my senses even after drinking a strong cup of black tea.

“It’s the day to meet His Majesty, so please come early.”

“It’s because it’s the day I meet my Father..."

I muttered something unintelligible and dressed up.

I asked when I was half-asleep.

“Who did you say we would be greeting together today?”

It was a good question to blow off some steam.

“Your Highness the Third Princess, Your Highness the Sixth Princess, Your Highness the First Prince, and Your Highness the Eighth Prince.”

Brigitte was involved. Even the two people except for Prince Rubio were on Brigitte's side.

'It's Nia and Euclid. But Nia last time I pressed her, so it'll be quiet for a while, and Euclid is just a bad little brat, so just ignore him.'

I finished my makeup with comforting thoughts in my mind.

I wore a muted dress in shades of brown and beige, with my lime blonde hair pulled up into a ponytail.

Although it didn't have a flashy taste, it was an ornament that showed off an intellectual charm.

“Hi, Michael. Have a nice day today."

“Hello, Your Highness the Princess.”

I set off straight for the palace with Michael.

As we passed through the eastern palace entrance, it was time to breathe in the now considerably warmer air.

Likewise, I ran into someone coming out of the exit.

The other person greeted me first.

“Hello, Your Highness 7th Princess.”

“Ah, Sir Millard.”

Rosenite wasn't there. After all, if it weren't for the morning greetings, there was no way Rosenite would be up at this hour.

Sylvestian seemed to be conscious of me and straightened his already neat collar.

“Are you on your way to pay your respects to His Majesty?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“It is a private matter. I am a servant of the royal family, so Your Highness, please be humble.”

“Now that you are a direct knight of the royal family, you should be treated with respect.”

It was also an expression of intimacy.

I didn't want to give Rosenite any chance of being jealous.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments