TPITT - Chapter 77


“What are you talking about? Then Eve will get tired of it quickly. Obsession and restraint are no different from violence.”

It was a blow to Michael's chivalry. He could no longer empathize with the role.

Meanwhile, I stood up for Michael's honor.

“Michael is worried because I’m shy.”

“Ah, shyness was the problem.”

"Yes, hmm."

“But there is a way to do that. A special room will open in the bathhouse soon. If you make a reservation, you don’t have to worry about what other people think. I’ll become famous and make a lot of money, so let’s go together then. Okay?”

“Okay, let’s do that.”

A special room would be fine. I was relieved that they had somehow found a compromise.

That was when.

“But your boyfriend’s name is Michael. That’s the same name as the 7th Princess’s direct secretary?”

“...Hey, it’s a nickname. It’s trendy these days. Calling someone by the name of the most handsome man in the imperial city.”

“Hey, Eve is the type to do such embarrassing things without any problem?”

“Uh, uh. L, love is originally an awkward thing.”

“It’s a good time.”

"Then."

“So what is your boyfriend’s real name?”

It was time to use quick reflexes again. Michael responded calmly.

“Elis.”

Michaelis said the last three letters. Through careful recycling, he created not only the first name but also the last name.

Elris?”

“No, Elis.”

“Then, Mr. Elis?”

"Yes."

At that moment the carriage stopped and the coachman announced that they had reached their destination.

An area with a lot of townhouses that are famous for being expensive. Among them, the La Belle River is visible.

There was a mansion with a wine-colored roof in a place with an unusually good view and sunlight.

“Wow, it really says Arpelga?”

While Limona looked surprised, I opened the door with a trembling heart.

I stood in front. Michael whispered to me.

“I told Cedella the situation through Amber. I don’t think there will be any problems.”

“Then I will believe you and go.”

I turned the doorknob solemnly.

'Like a maid. Like a maid.'

I replayed the simulation in my head while I was riding in the carriage.

Once we get inside the house, I take Limona to the drawing room and take out a simple refreshment.

And then, under the pretext of greeting the landlady, I leave Limona and go up to the second floor.

If I meet Sedella there and have time to catch my breath while explaining the situation in detail, I will have overcome the first crisis.

'Okay. Perfect.'

Click.

But my plan went awry as soon as I opened the door.

As luck would have it, my eyes met with Cedella's as she was passing by the hall.

“Oh, welcome... Okay, I, Eve.”

“I’m back, Miss Cedella..."

I was barely able to perform a role appropriate to the situation.

Fortunately, Limona did not notice their awkwardness. Limona also had her own way of meeting her sponsor.

That's because I was very nervous.

Limona greeted politely, though she hesitated.

“Hello, Miss Cedella.”

"You are..."

“I am Limona Lund, an actress and singer from the Pegasus Theater Company. It is an honor to meet you, my sponsor.”

“Ah, Miss Lund.”

"I'm sorry if you were surprised by a sudden visit, but I want to come and say thank you, so I followed Eve."

“It’s not really something to apologize for, but...This, Eve... You followed her. You even called her name and stuff... I guess that’s what it was like.”

At this point, I watched with a sense of unease as Cedella's eyes began to waver.

Not knowing the speed, Limona shouted cheerfully.

“Yes! I decided to go to the public bath with Eve later!”

“Oh my God. We, Eve, are going to a place where everyone can see our naked bodies...?”

At the negative reaction, Limona looked at her and cringed. If this continues, it will be useless.

It seemed like Cedella's image would be that of a conservative young lady. I quickly intervened.

“I promised that when Miss Lund became famous and earned a lot of money, she would take me to a special room.”

“Ah, if it’s a special room, then it’s okay."

Cedella's expression softened. Limona spoke softly.

“Oh, I will definitely become famous. No, I will become the best singer in Hadelun. So, I will go to the special room with Eve and also raise the reputation of the Count Arpel family who supported me.”

“Haha, I like that story.”

"Thank you for a good look. And... please be at ease. Miss Cedella is a noblewoman and my guardian.”

After hearing that, Cedella nodded, thinking that it was true.

“Then from now on I will call you Limona.”

"Yes!"

I watched with pride as Cedella and Limona conversed amicably.

It's because I really felt like introducing a friend even though I wasn't really into the role.

“Instead of doing this in the hall, let’s go to the reception room.”

“Yes, Miss.”

Cedella led Limona and moved to the left of the hall. At that time, I moved to the left of the hall.

I noticed someone waving in the hallway. It was a familiar face.

'Lian!'

I quickly went there. Michael followed me.

"Your Highness."

“Lian, what are you doing here?”

“I stopped by to discuss something urgent due to a problem with the supply of soap ingredients. Then I found out about the situation.”

“Ah, the timing was good.”

“Your Highness, this is not the time to feel relieved.”

"Yes?"

Lian is not doing so well in this situation.

He has some news that is not good.

"Lady Luciard, Lady Ameloth, and Lady Yegrin are coming here now.”

“What? Why three people?”

“Lady Luciard has been visiting Lady Cedella’s house often these days.

She heard through Lady Luciard that I was coming here today.

I think it got to Lady Ameloth's ears a little while ago.

“I sent word through the maid of the Lady Ameloth that the three of them will come together.”

"Ha.."

Normally, I would have welcomed this news as good news, but now it was very difficult.

I made a serious face.

“The three don’t know the situation? We need to send Limona back quickly before she comes.”

Then Michael opened his mouth and looked at the door.

“It seems too late, Your Highness.”

"What?"

The ominous words were a foreshadowing. Immediately after, three gorgeous girls stormed into the mansion.

“Is there no servant? A guest has arrived, but no one is there to see him.”

“You haven’t been here long. I heard there are only two maids left.”

“I don’t see any of those maids either. This won’t do. I have to make some noise. Lady Arpel, I’m here!”

"Lady Luciard and Lady Yegrin came together!"

Julia's clear voice echoed from the hall.

Lian said hurriedly.

“All the maids currently employed at the mansion have been sent back. I will go out, so Your Highness and Sir Agnito remain here.”

“Okay, Lian.”

By that time, Julia, Anais, and Olivier had already found Cedella and Limona on their way to the reception room.

“Lady Arpel, you were in the reception room. But who is the boy dressed as a man next to you? Is that the new maid?”

“Huh? Where have I seen your face before... Oh, are you by any chance Limona Lund?”

“Limona Lund? That famous singer who sings in the salon of the Marquis of Sayre these days? Oh my God!”

“Lady Arpel called Miss Lund for today. This is a rare opportunity, I’m really looking forward to it."

“Lady Arpel’s skills are truly amazing.”

There was an atmosphere where everyone believed without a doubt that Limona was Cedella's guest singer.

Limona realized that this was a good opportunity to save face for her sponsor.

Although she was very nervous in front of the noble ladies, she mustered up her courage and stepped forward.

“My name is Limona Lund. I came to sing for the enjoyment of the guests.”

“Oh, you don’t have to be so nervous. I heard you attended the Marchioness Sayre’s salon a lot. I guess being a nobleman is difficult.”

“Well, that’s it, the Marchioness Sayre wanted me to just sing and not talk to the guests.”

Everyone who was listening immediately understood the meaning.

The Marchioness of Sayre was famous for being a conservative and tight-knit noblelady. The scene where the commoner, much less Gypsy-born Limona, could have been ignored by treating her as a shallow person was clearly depicted.

The same was true for me, who was listening to the conversation in the side room. My amber eyes, staring into space, were sunken.

'That won't do, Marchioness Sayre.'

I quietly wrote the name down in my mind.

I was also worried about Julia, Anais, and Olivier's reaction.

Cedella is cautious because she knows that Limona has a special relationship with me, but the other three are unaware of the situation.

I didn't expect much. As long as you didn't treat me so rudely, I had nothing to ask for.

Then Julia said.

“It’s embarrassing, really.”

"Yes?"

“I mean, the Marchioness of Sayre. She can't get rid of the habit of bringing in capable people and treating them like an ornament. That’s why I don’t go to that salon.”

Olivier and Anais also joined in.

“That’s right. I also felt uncomfortable because of that.”

“Haha, I had a huge fight with the Marchioness of Sayre a while ago and we’ve been cutting off each other’s invitations for a long time.”

'Ah, as expected, Lady Luciard.'

Thanks to this, Limona was able to relax a bit, and I, who was listening to the conversation from a distance, was a little moved.

“Now that I think about it, Limona’s outfit seems a bit inappropriate. I’ll show you to the dressing room, so get changed with the help of the maid... and come out.”

“Yes, Miss Cedella.”

It was too late to reduce the already large board. She thought that since it had already come to this, she should make it look good.

Cedella sent Limona to the dressing room.

Then she led the three guests to the reception room. As soon as they sat down, Julia asked.

“By the way, when will Her Highness come?”


Previous            Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

  1. I would like Michael to remember his past life too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment