THYU - Chapter 120


Violet looked embarrassed at Flip's words.

She's glad he didn't say anything about trying to take her own life at the villa, but that's something she wishes he hadn't told her. Still, from Flip's point of view, he couldn't just keep silent about Ella's words, so she couldn't help but think that it was a good response to just bring this story out. 

While Violet was worried about Ella's feelings, Flip silently said things on Violet's behalf that she could not bear to say to her mother.

"I know how much you value His Highness Ash. Because he is precious. However, His Highness Ash even locked the little madam in a closer because she did not listen to him. So..."

Ella seemed shocked by his words.

"Don't lie. My son is not that type of person."

"How dare I tell a lie. Even the employees there know what happened that day. The little lady was locked up until she passed out... That day..."

Flip's cautious voice was silenced when he learned that Violet had pointed a gun at herself that day. Ella's expression, which at first denied his words as lies, gradually became more complicated. She looked at Violet. 

"Violet, is that real? Did he do that?"

"...It was like that."

"Then why didn't you tell me?" 

Even in the dark, Violet could see Ella's face hardening little by little. It was shocking that she didn't know that her son, whom she believed had grown up well, was the kind of person who could commit this kind of violence against her daughter, and it was shocking that her daughter didn't tell her about it.

Violet sighed softly.

"It was no big deal. He couldn't hit me, so I guess he punished me in his own way." 

"Why... Why don't you talk to me? I am your mother. You should have told me." 

As Ella looked confused. Violet looked puzzled. 

"I'm afraid you might be surprised if I tell you."

"Even though!"

"Mother... You love Ash. I couldn't do it because I was afraid it would hurt my heart if I told you, sorry."

"Violet. I love you as much as Ash"

“No, no,”

Violer laughed bitterly. 

"That's not true, mother."

Ella said, quickly calming down like a noble lady. 

"There was a reason for that."

"What was the reason?"

"Because of the divorce story. If I divorced, Ash's situation would have been in trouble. Because Ash was stealing the land that should have been given to me." 

"I hope that kid is amazing."

When Ella spoke in a sad voice, Violet smiled without realizing it. 

"My mother always said that. You always told me to give it to Ash if he wanted something of mine. Ash also takes it for granted that something is taken from him. Even my husband's..."

"When did I..."

As Ella was speaking, she recalled how he had just casually told Violet to hand over what she had to her son.

Even though she had just heard that Violet had been assaulted, she unconsciously was protecting her son. She realized it only now.

Violet said quietly. 

"Sorry. As I said before, I won't lose anything to Ash anymore. No matter what my mother says."

After that, there was silence on the boat, and Flip also rowed in silence. After a while, Ella opened her mouth.

"... Do it. Still, we will hold a family meeting."

"Thank you."

Ella nodded and was silent again.

***

As soon as she got off the boat, Ella went back to the lake house. She didn't want to be here anymore, and it seemed like she didn't have the strength to stay. 

As Violet sighed with a heavy heart, Flip bowed his head and apologized. 

"Sorry."

"Thanks to Flip, I don't have to hand over the royal castle?"

Violet said jokingly and Flip smiled shyly. And after nodding again, he disappeared to do his job. 

The boat ride ended much sooner than expected. Violet Immediately found her husband, but the fireworks had just started and the garden was noisy and crowded. While she was looking intently to see where her husband was, the pearl that was tied around her waist suddenly broke. 

"Oh."

Violet panicked and grabbed the end of the decoration and tied it, but one hall rolled behind the building. As she walked to find the pearl and stood behind the building, the man who had been there first picked it up.

"Here."

Carlson was there.

Violet instinctively took a step back at the smell of alcohol and spicy medicine coming from him. It seemed like he had just taken medication here. There was a syringe on the floor, and his behavior was suspicious. 

"Why? It's yours, take it."

Carlson took a step forward and grabbed Violet's arm. Perhaps because he was drunk, he couldn't control his strength, so his strength was pressing down on Violet's arm. 

"Carlson, it hurts. Let go of this." 

Violet tried to calm him down, but Carlson didn't let her go.

His hands were shaking violently, and his eyes were shaking strangely. 

"Violet, please save me."

"Talk to me later. Sober mind."

"Please save me. I feel like I'm going to die like this. I can't control myself. It was okay at first? But not now."

"Okay, so..."

"You can only save me."

Carlson pushed Violet into the wall. His eyes were completely dominated by the drug and had a dull color. He took a moment to remember.

***

On that day, Carlson had just finished performing and came to visit Violet. He performed to the cheers of countless people, but when he came off the stage, his heart felt empty.

He couldn't bear the futility.

Only one. Only when he met Violet was Carlson carrying a large flower basket as usual. What he used to drag around when he was young, now that he is an adult, he can easily carry it with one hand.

Violet, who was walking in the garden, smiled happily when she saw the flower basket Carlson had brought. 

"I don't cry anymore, so why do you keep bringing me flowers?"

"You like it."

"You were the one who performed. Even if you take it, you should take it."

"I already received a lot."

Carlson continued speaking with a cheerful expression. 

"And I won't cry. You still cry whenever Wayne's story comes up."

"I don't cry anymore. Really."

From the day Carlson saw Violet crying after losing her brother, he decided that he had to keep her from crying. After listening to his song and seeing the girl smiling brightly, he decided to sing until his voice was hoarse. Then Violet opened her mouth.

"Carlson, you know. Marriage talks from the Blooming family."

"Yes? You refused, right?"

"No. Get married." 

"What?"

"I said I would. So... I'll go south next month." 

Carlson said, his heart pounding at her words.

"No. Why are you marrying such a lowly stranger? Does that make sense?" 

"It's my father's failure. I have to take responsibility. And fortunately, it also met his needs."

"Don't go. You are a capital person. How can someone who has lived in the capital all his life live in the south?"

"I don't know, I'll have to go and find out, maybe?"

Carlson urgently shook his head and grabbed Violet's hand.

"Marry me. If you get married right now, you'll be free from that damn responsibility."

“Carlson.”

"Yes? Let's get married."

"I've already made up my mind."

No.

Violet's hand slipped out of Carlson's hand.

Emptiness filled him again. This time, It was an emptiness that could not be compared to what he felt on stage. It felt like not just a corner of his mind, but his entire heart had become empty. 

Now where should I go when I get off the stage?

If you marry another man, I...

***

Carlson stared into Violet's eyes. At first, he took painkillers in the hope of paralyzing his body, but then they became narcotic, and now he filled his empty mind with drugs that caused confusion.

Violet was shaking with fear, but Carlson's blurry eyes couldn't see it. 

"You don't like him?"

"Who?"

"Winter Blooming."

"Ah..."

"Yes? You don't like that guy, right? You couldn't help it. Because you have a strong sense of responsibility. You had no choice but to marry that man, yes?" 

Violet tried to stay calm, but it wasn't easy.

The sound of firecrackers drowned out the commotion, and there wasn't even anyone passing by. When Vinlet didn't respond, Carlson pulled out his gun and pointed it at her face.

"Answer me. Say you don't like him." 

"Carlson, please..."

Violet tried to persuade Carlson but feared that he was unable to make rational decisions.

He stroked Violet's cheek with his other hand.

"You were deceived. Because you are stubborn. You are mistaken in thinking that you love that man. You don't like that guy, yes?" 

Violet wanted to calm Carlson down for now.

But not a single word came out that said she disliked that man. When she didn't answer, Carlson spoke in a trembling voice.

"When I get drunk, you are there, but when I wake up, you are not there. How can I end this?"

Unless Carlson was hallucinating, he would never have harmed a woman.

Seeing his broken state, Violet thought that If she survived here, she would have to find those involved in drug distribution. If her brother Ash is included, she will definitely condemn him.

If I survive...

As Violet was thinking that, the muzzle of a gun touched her neck. Almost immediately she heard her familiar voice.

"Hey. Look this way." 

Carlson and Violet's eyes turned to that low voice. Winter was standing there with a crooked posture.

He, too, had come here while looking for Violet because he couldn't see her. There was no place to hang a gun in his tuxedo, and he ended up empty-handed.

Winter clicked his tongue and then turned to Carlson.

"Where are you getting angry now? If you're going to pay it, you should pay it to me. It was me who beat you up, and it was me who stole that woman."

"Winter, what are you doing?"

Violet asked with a trembling voice, but Carlson had already backed away and was aiming his gun at Winter, Carlson walked slowly and aimed at Winter's heart.

Winter calmly raised his hands. 

"I almost made a mistake. If you're going to kill me, you should kill me. Why would you do that to a girl you like? If you fall less."

"Shut up."

"Even young masters use those words. Well, maybe sometimes."

"I told you to shut up!"

Winter shrugged and smiled. Violet urgently comforted Carlson.

"Carlson, put it down now. You won't regret it later. If you put it down now..."

"Violet, did I tell you?"

"What, what?"

"I hope you are unhappy."

Carlson looked at Violet for a moment and muttered.

"I wanted you to be unhappy."

"Don't do it, please. Please stop, Carlson."

This was when Violet was trying to stop him with a trembling voice.

A gunshot rings out, and Violet closes her eyes in surprise, then opens them again. And then the gunshot rang out again.

The first gunshot caused Winter to fall, and the second gunshot caused Carlson to groan and grab his arm. In the distance, Hayel shot Carlson in the arm with the gun he had in hand and was running towards Winter.

Just before Carlson tried to shoot himself with the gun he was holding, the people running behind him overpowered him.

Violet, who was pale, shook off the people trying to help her and headed towards Winter.

"Winter..."

Blood dripped onto the grass, and Winter's eyes were closed.

"Oh..."

Violet staggered towards Winter.

Winter said that the day Violet died in front of him was worse than the day he was abandoned by his mother.

Now, Violet completely understood his feelings.


Previous                Next


Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments