TPITT - Chapter 54




At that moment, light and darkness were clearly divided. Unlike the bright and cheerful Eve, Derek screamed with a face that seemed to have taken all the despair and fear from the world.

"Oh, no!"

" I can."

“No!”

“I can do it.”

“Hey, Eve! You, you, you, take that away!”

“I don’t like it.”

“Ah, Eve! Please. Give it to this brother, huh?"

Derek was desperate, threatening, and threatening.

By that time, Michael's side had been sorted out. He approached with two royal homunculuss at the forefront.

“My command has been fulfilled, Your Highness.”

"Already?"

"Yes."

Dump.

Snorret and Ritver knelt next to me. Perhaps it was a clean defeat, but there were no major injuries to them.

The angle of Snorret and Ritver was enough to see them even in the pit.

Stephania and Derek are surprised that their homunculus is not seriously injured.

Instead of being relieved, the sight of them kneeling made him run wild.

“Oh, no, did you lose in the end? There are two of you?”

“These useless things... The owners are being insulted like this... !”

Snorret and Ritver bit their lips in shame.

I pretended to misstep again and made dirt splash inside the hole.

By the time the loud squealing noise had disappeared, we returned to the main topic.

“Anyway, I took control of my brother’s marriage. Rest assured. I also have no desire to be featured in gossip magazines, so I have no intention of reporting anything.”

“Really?”

"Yes. Then, shall we finish the conversation we had earlier?”

The interrogation began again.

“So, who told you to do this, brother?bAre you going to waste time again?”

“...Bridgette.”

Finally, the name I wanted to hear came out. But I was not happy. I felt the left side of my chest becoming pale and cold.

Without changing my expression or tone, I asked the next question.

“Please tell me specifically what you were instructed to do.”

“The knight under your direct command... Make him unable to act as a knight and throw him out of the imperial palace..."

“Whoa... Keep talking.”

“Complain about the knight issue.”

I said I could catch it. Then, he can fight with two knights and seriously injure them, just in case.

He said that if he counterattacked with swords, he would be charged with attempted murder of the royal family. If anything, the latter is better, so provoke me...

“Well, the third Princess ordered it all! My sister and I just did what we were told!”

It's all expected, but it was difficult to maintain composure.

I was expressionless, but no one could fail to read the deep anger in my cold downcast eyes and tightly pursed lips.

‘Well, what is it? She's scary!'

Michael, who had already shown his fearsome fighting ability, was standing behind me, and his harmony with his Lord was exquisite.

Stephania and Derek shouted to avoid my wrath.

“If you don’t get angry, you can punish mine and the knights under Derek’s direct command!”

“Yes, yes! If you have a complaint, you should resolve it through your direct knight!”

“Isn’t it undignified for members of the royal family to speak directly to one another like this?”

“Let’s be fair and just do as much as your knight is injured. Instead, the homunculus avoids the face because the face is its life..."

By using others as a shield. The act of talking about superiority and fairness was extremely basic.

However, not a single trace of shame could be seen on the faces of the two royal family members.

To the royal family, a homunculus was an object. The direct knight plays the game on behalf of the owner.

It was common for it to become a piece of chess, to be handed over as a prize depending on the result, and to receive a penalty instead.

"Eve? Yes? Let’s move on nicely.”

"That's right. Why should we fight among ourselves over an intact homunculus?”

Although I had seen it many times since my last life, I was disillusioned.

The problem is that the homunculus themselves also have this wrong perception.

Ritver and Snorret stepped forward as if they had already planned on doing this.

“Please punish me, Your Highness the 7th Princess.”

“If we can appease Your Highness the Seventh Princess’s anger, we will gladly accept it.”

My answer was decisive.

“I won’t do it.”

“Your Highness, please punish us.”

“I said I wouldn’t do it.”

"Your Highness..."

Snorret and Ritver were anxious. However, I only dealt with Stephania and Derek.

“If I wanted to, I would also charge the two knights with attempting to assassinate the royal family.. It's possible. In a situation like this, you're going to use it as a shield even though you can't protect your direct knight? I’m astounded by this shallow sense of responsibility.”

“Well, that’s because you suddenly intervened and blocked the knight under your direct control...!”

The cries of injustice were ignored. I nailed it again.

“I have no intention of punishing the knights under your direct control. The two were just following orders. It is not right for the knights directly under your command to be sacrificed because of the royal family’s fight.”

Snorret and Ritver, who were listening with their heads bowed, had a look of surprise in their eyes for a moment.

Because it disappeared so quickly, the only person who saw it was Michael.

I put the surveillance golem back into my sleeve. Then I clasped my hands together, placed them on my knees, and said.

“There is no need for me to be the one who thwarts ny brother’s dream of rising in social status. I will keep quiet about what happened today.”

"Uh? Really?"

The royal siblings, who thought that the incident would become a public issue without any action, hastily expressed their anger.

“But there is a condition.”

“...What?"

“Apologize to Lord Agnito.”

"What? Apologize?!"

"Yes. Of course, not the direct knight, but my sister and brother directly.”

"Ha...?!"

Of course, Stephania and Derek did not take it kindly. They could see the surprise on my face as they looked up at me.

'I thought she was the wise man in the corner, but she was just a crazy kid!'

It was an unprecedented thing. Even if the opponent is a noble person, you have to step down from generation to generation.

Apologize to the homunculus who treated you like a sex slave.

This is absurd.

“What nonsense is that!”

Stephania and Derek acted as if they had just heard the worst insult they had ever received.

“Princess?”

Meanwhile, Michael was equally shocked by the situation.

Because of his trained expressionless face, he didn't show it too much, but now he was with Stephania. He was more surprised than Derek, but no less surprised.

Michael looked intently at me. My expression did not waver as long as his persistent gaze was on me.

“Please apologize.”

“I, I wonder if I apologize to you, how can I tell the homunculus..."

"Do it. To Lord Agnito.”

I demanded again. It was a firm tone that seemed to have absolutely no intention of backing down.

“Huh...”

Derek, who had been coveting the position of Duke, was cornered. He almost had no choice.

In the end, Derek and Stephania had no choice but to accept my conditions, even though they were trembling from the humiliation.

"Sorry... Lord Agnito. About the insults... I apologize.”

“I apologize too... I wish you could forget it, Lord Agnito.”

Of course, there was no such thing as sincerity.

The sound of molars grinding was louder than the sound of words, and the pronunciation was like a crushed apple.

However, considering the barbaric level of awareness of homunculus, even this today can be considered a great achievement.

I looked back at Michael. He became the first homunculus to receive an apology from the royal family.

He seemed dazed. He belatedly realized my gaze and answered.

“I accept your apology.”

"Thanks...."

Derek's face turned bright red as he barely answered in a hoarse voice.

Stephania, who was next to him, was so excited that she didn't even have the presence of mind to respond.

It seemed like it wasn't there. Her pride had been so hurt that her eyes were red and moist.

'I'm going to kill you.'

I decided to leave it at this. It's no longer difficult to gauge how low the standard should be to treat others.

It's because I got tired.

Deukdeukdeuk!

I waved my hand and activated magic. The collapsed land returned to its original position.

Stephania and Derek were finally able to get out of the pit.

I said as I released the levitation spell and stood up. It was advice and warning.

“I hope you learned something today. If you try to suppress me in a foolish way, it will only backfire.”

“... Okay."

Stephania and Derek seemed to have realized this already and didn't complain much.

Finally, I looked down at Snorret and Ritver, who were kneeling.

Unlike when I saw Stephania and Derek, my expression and gaze were much calmer.

I spoke to Snorret.

“Did you say Lord Wint?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“I think this inaccessible barrier is yours.”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“It’s a great barrier. As the Princess, I regret that this talent was misused in the royal family’s conflict of influence.”

My soft tone did not contain any trace of questioning or criticism. Depending on how you heard it, it even seemed like an apple.

“Today’s disgrace is not your fault. Please don’t blame yourself.”

Snorret looked up blankly at me, forgetting that she was being rude. I soon changed my tone to a more public tone.

“I want to go out. Open the barrier.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

The hemispherical barrier slowly melted and disappeared. The sky seen beyond the dense leaves is a little clearer.

I felt like I was lost.

The wandering surveillance golem finally regained its circling orbit and began moving quickly to its intended position.

I turned to Michael.

“Let’s go back, Lord Agnito.”

“Yes, Her Royal Highness.”

I and Michael left first like winners.

The two royal families left behind are literally trembled, truly feeling like a defeated soldier.

“Today’s shame is... Wow! My eyes! Argh!"

Derek screamed in pain after being hit hard by bird droppings.

The scream that resounded through the windbreak forest enough to create an echo lasted for quite a long time.


Previous                Next


  Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments