TPITT - Chapter 50




'Michael, wait.'

On the first day of my relationship as a direct knight and lord, to all the royal family.

I made a promise to Michael, who showed resistance to the loyalty oath ceremony that urged him to obey.

As the Princess, I will do my best to protect Michael.

And I remembered the smile Michael gave me at that time, saying I was trustworthy.

It should never be late.

To do that, first, surround me with Princesses.

Getting out of this tea table was an urgent priority.

At the table, a boring discussion about the amount of magic stone mined had just begun.

The conversation was led by Isell and Brigitte.

“I think the most effective way is to increase the number of homunculus working in the mines. Wouldn’t it be okay to strictly adjust the homunculus grading standards and increase the number of lower ranks?”

“That’s a good idea, Isell. There is no way to do it in the short term. We need to think about long-term solutions as well. The fundamental reason for the decrease in mining volume is that the Galamut Magicite Mine, which was the largest producer of magic stone, is almost completely exhausted. Rather than increasing the amount of labor, we need to discover new mining sites.”

"Wait. Magic essence is created when the body of a demon dragon crystallizes. Are you suggesting we launch a war to subdue the demon dragon?”

"Yes. I think we need to increase the number of intermediate homunculus to be deployed in subjugation battles. If necessary, even high-ranking homunculus were mobilized generously to subdue the demon dragon on a large scale."

Their conversation was not one bit different from what Michael had expected.

The speculation that took the sacrifice of the homunculus for granted was very active.

'You're trying to somehow drag out time and hold me back.'

Call Michael out alone and harass him, it was clear that Bridgette was the one who made the plan for this.

No matter how much I used my brain, there seemed to be no way to get out of tea time naturally without any trouble.

If so, there was no need to worry deeply.

The next best option would be to keep accidents within a manageable level.

'Let's just put them to sleep.'

It was a somewhat bold decision, but there's no option.

If I don't use the magic I learned the most for times like this, then what's the point of saving it for when to use it?

And above all, since Michael was at stake, it was no time to choose between means and methods.

The only positive thing right now is that the eldest sisters, the 1st and 2nd Princesses, were not very apprehensive about boring topics of conversation.

‘The older sisters are not accomplices. All we have to do is deal with Bridgette's ringleader.'

I covered my lips with the teacup, pretending to savor the tea, and recited a spell.

The person to cast the sleep spell on was Bridgette.

First as Roxandra, the host of a regular tea time.

I thought about doing it, but Brigitte did it again after I put her to sleep with magic.

Waking it up with magic would have been useless, so I changed the target.

The problem is that in the past life, the question was how to put Brigitte, who had outstanding abilities to the point of taking her place, to sleep.

Brigitte is now 23 years old and has earned an advanced degree in magic.

Immunity to mental magic tended to be proportional to not only the individual's innate mental power but also the level of magical training.

In other words, Brigitte's mental magic immunity would be as high as her degree level.

'Simple sleep magic is a low-level magic. It won't work on Brigitte at all because it's the law.'

Nevertheless, I did not feel intimidated.

I returned with all the achievements of my past life intact.

I didn't just play and eat in the imperial palace until I was 25, so I had reached the level of advanced magic.

In addition, I was an expert in the field of life magic, so I created a variety of magic that could be applied in real life.

I had a special talent for casting and combining magic simultaneously.

'I guess I could just lay down three advanced mental power-weakening spells and then cast a sleep spell.'

At the time, Brigitte was emphasizing the need for a subjugation war, so I decided to use the time to speak passionately.

The moment you were distracted by something or lost your sense of normalcy was a good time to cast mental magic.

“It will be a large-scale subjugation operation. If successful, since we can receive a stable supply of magic stones for 200 years, in return for the lives of a thousand homunculi...Umm...”

“Sister Betty..."

“Ah, how much did I say...?”

“Why are you doing this? Is there anything wrong with you?”

Brigitte was startled by Isell’s worried question.

Brigitte's eyes keep trying to close.

She looked around.

Then she made eye contact with Eve, who was holding a teacup.

Brigitte's eye grew drowsy and expanded to its limit.

Realizing something, she moved her lips to chant a protection spell.

'It's already too late.'

I used the nullification magic I had already cast to capture Brigitte's spirit.

The protective magic was destroyed.

It was a good trigger timing.

"You... !”

Brigitte couldn't even utter a single word of thunderous yelling.

Immediately, her upper body fell awkwardly onto the table with a crashing sound.

“Huh, sister?!”

“Sister Betty!”

Isell and Hesia were embarrassed.

They forgot about the pain and raised their voice.

Isell was the Princess who was leading the discussion with Brigitte, and Hesia was Brigitte's half-sister, so it was clear that she was an accomplice in the situation.

After throwing Bridgette away, I decided to put the two Princesses to sleep as well.

When they lost their sense of calm, I cast a sleep spell and it took just a moment for their eyes to lose focus.

There was a clanking sound again.

Brigitte, Hesia, and Isell's breathing rang out in sync.

"Uh? Huh? What?"

The Princesses blinked in embarrassment.

I calmly stood up and pretended to check the condition of the three Princesses, including Brigitte.

All three Princesses had their mouths wide open because they had fallen asleep after screaming.

I kindly pressed their chins to keep them from drooling.

I closed it and said.

"I guess they fell asleep because the discussion topic was boring. Sister Betty has been entrusted with the imperial throne these days. She's probably busy with business, so it's natural that she's sleep-deprived. It’s a pity, but I think it would be better to end today’s regular tea time here.”

"Uh... Yes? Is that so?”

Roxandra, who happened to be dozing off, quickly accepted my offer.

“Roxandra, something urgent has come to mind. Is it okay if I go out first?”

"Of course. Let’s go now.”

"Thank you."

I slightly bent my knees and said goodbye.

This level of formality was sufficient.

I immediately crossed the room with long strides.

Then Roxandra and Rosenit called out to me in embarrassment.

"Eve? Aren’t you going out?”

“Sister, the door is on the other side..."

I ignored them and walked towards the balcony. Then I placed my hand on the railing and jumped into the air on the fourth floor.

“Kwaaagh?!”

Rosenit’s scream rang out sharply.

But I didn't care and cast the flight spell.

Soon I landed on the flower bed on the ground, as light as a feather.

'I'm in a hurry, but how am I going to go out the door now?'

The act of pretending to be relaxed so far was just an act of putting all one's effort into acting.

I, who was extremely anxious, could not resist the temptation of the wide-open balcony.

The sound of a horn imitating a bird's cry was heard again from the flower bed.

I was soon able to find my servant, Hugh.

"Phew."

"Your Highness!"

A young noble boy came running in one month.

“What about Michael?”

“After being in the arena, he went deep into the northern garden with two homunculus. Somehow those two felt like the homunculus was forcibly taking Lord Agnito. I thought about secretly following. I came running to Your Highness the Princess.”

"Good job. Now, tell Cedella about the current situation and return to my place. And everyone waits together.”

“Yes, Your Highness!”

I chanted a spell and jumped high off the ground.

Shhh!

Warp magic without permission was prohibited within the imperial palace, so the only option was to travel by flight.

While flying towards Coloso Arena, the surveillance golems float in the sky. They repeatedly gathered around me and then dispersed.

'Let's take one with us.'

I snatched one of the sentinel golems and stuffed it into my lace sleeve.

I quickly found out Michael's location.

This was because there were five or six surveillance golems hovering in the air whose movement path was blocked by a barrier.

I landed lightly at the top of the barrier created by the windbreak forest.

I immediately close my eyes and concentrate.

And with my earnest hope that it was not too late and my anger toward Brigitte, I hit the floor with my right foot as hard as I could.

Kwasik!

The heel of the high heel was mercilessly stuck into the barrier.

Cracks began to form on the hard surface, like a monster's eggshell.



Previous                Next



Buy Me A Coffee

Comments