THYU - Chapter 88


The villa the two lived in consisted of a grand auditorium building next to a clear lake in the forest and seventeen lake houses built at wide intervals on the lake.
After briefly greeting them as they entered, the villa staff soon returned to their seats and began their work.

Kanik's manual discarded all unnecessary greeting procedures Winter standards and focused solely on efficiency. Violet often found herself amazed by that fact. Winter was overloaded with work, but other than that, everything was relatively logical and efficient.

Violet smiled as she entered the main auditorium. It was a tall, vertical building with a high ceiling. Beautiful light poured from the stained glass high up, creating a solemn atmosphere.

The building was built using white wood and each piece of furniture had luxurious craftsmanship.

"It really is a coveted place for a title awarding ceremony."

"It's cool. There is a reason why we maintain it even when we are seeing a deficit."

"Is there a deficit?" 

"Because if there is no big event like this, the auditorium is empty. It's too modest for a ball, too heavy for a play."

"But is there a reason why a place like this was created?"

"If I'm the only one who has a place like this, that's scarcity, and that scarcity becomes power."

Violet nodded at the word rarity. Violet thought for a moment and opened her mouth.

"You get tired of things easily. You often change everything, including clothes and watches... People aren't like that."

"Because there is no replacement. There is only one family in the world. Of course, we can get married again, but it's not like there are two Princesses in Larkround."

"Ah, scarcity."

Hearing Violet's bitter voice, the discontent in Winter's eyes grew even deeper. Now that he thought about it, he heard criticism from Jen and Hayel when his body changed. They said he shouldn't talk about turning a profit. It seemed that if he used words that seemed best to his wife, such as turning a profit or scarcity, that only made Violet angry. It was a very strange fact, but it had to be accepted. Winter didn't want his wife to be that upset. He didn't want to make her sad anymore. Talk about scarcity won't make him feel better either.

Violet asked in embarrassment as Winter looked at her with eyes full of irritation and dissatisfaction. 

"Why do you look like that? I should be the one feeling bad in this situation."

As expected, he is the one feeling bad. Winter asked with an unconvinced expression. 

"Why are you in a bad mood? I would be happy if I were rare."

"Yes "

Violet nodded and looked at Winter quietly.

"Anyway, there are probably a few more rich people like you on this continent, so I see. You are less than rare to me."

"First of all, there is nothing. Such a rich person."

"Is that so?" 

Violet tilted her head, looked at Winter, and continued.

"You're arrogant." 

"No. Logically and mathematically, it doesn't exist."

"I say so. Still, there is a problem."

"What problem?" 

Violet said with a straight face.

"It's not the scarcity I'm hoping for."

"What do you want?" 

"Well..."

"If you want a healthy man, there are few who are as healthy as me."

"I want a man who will make me fall head over heels in love. A man who is like you but not you."

Then Winter snorted, closed his eyes, and muttered.

"I am the only man like me in the world."

"What does it mean? Are you showing off?"

"If you add all the negative things together, where can there be so many men like me?"

"Even negative things?"

"Hayel and Jen said that when our bodies changed. How can you talk about turning into a surplus? They all looked Iike they were trash that couldn't be recycled. I don't think that's such trash."

"..."

"That's right. Like all other objects, it is good for humans to be valued highly. I place a high value on you. I decided I needed it. Why is that bad?"

"Oh, you really..."

It was clear that he himself thought that if her value decreased, she would become useless.

Violet couldn't immediately say that he should have been loved and raised more. It was clear that these words would greatly hurt Winter. Because he was a man who was fully satisfied with the love he received from his parents. As Catherine said, he will be greatly hurt.

She raised her head and asked.

"What do you think about the next Duke of Blooming?"

"What do you think?" 

"You are the eldest son of the Blooming family."

Then Winter snorted as if it was some kind of nonsense.

"What nonsense. Of course, the title should go to the legitimate son."

In response to Winter's affirmation, Violet said, unconsciously wrapping her hand in his.

"There are many cases where bastards received titles."

"None of those bastards have foreign blood mixed in with them."

"Among the strangers, there was no one who was as successful as you, and held the title of the family."

"That's an expression I like."

Winter said with a grin. Violet looked at Winter with powerful eyes, as if telling him to listen to her seriously. 

"You wanted power."

"I learned my lesson not to do that, enough."

"...I'm sorry about that."

"I don't blame you. I think inheriting a title can be greedy."

"I think it's a waste of time. Besides, you already have a falling out with your parents. You wanted a title so much that you married me, even though you've never seen my face."

"That's what I still hope for."

Winter sighed softly and continued.

"Even if my parents are good to me, a stranger is still a stranger. I'm also a bastard. That's not my place."

At his words, Violet's hand tightened.

Catherine threatened her today over the love Winter had for his parents. She felt like she was going crazy. During the three years, she spent with him, she despaired at his indifference, but perhaps he was a person who was incapable of having any more emotions to begin with. 

Violet thought she had to say this. She couldn't let him be deceived by false love forever. Didn't Violet too immersed in the love my mother gave her, think that she had to sacrifice as much as she could for what Ash wanted? 

Violet asked, prepared to make Winter angry. 

"I'm glad you did a good job. I mean you didn't starve, didn't hit, and sleep safely, right?"

"What is that?" 

"Your parents didn't look for you when you left home." 

Winter's expression slowly crumpled, as if he understood the meaning of Violet's words.

"What is that? Not everyone in the world is as curious about where other people are and what they are doing as you are."

"No. Most people wonder where their family is."

"So does that mean I am not part of my parents and family?" 

"I didn't mean it that way, but..."

"Or what?" 

Winter asked with a wrinkled expression. Then, after thinking for a moment and taking a breath, Violet spoke firmly. 

"I don't think you get enough love from the two of them." 

"How can you love someone as much as your own child?"

"..."

"What is that expression?" 

"You once asked me. Would I have married you even if you didn't have money? Your parents..."

Before she could finish her sentence Winter took his hand out of Violet's grasp. It's been a long time since she felt like her husband was moving away from her. So Violet thought that her husband must have been spending a lot of time on himself these days.

So Violet was even more desperate. She hoped he would crave more love. Winter couldn't control his anger and turned around, then looked back at Violet and said.

"Why are you talking to me like that? Why do you say that my parents would have accepted me even if I had no money?"

"Winter..."

"Get out, right now."

"..."

Winter didn't hesitate to tell anyone to shut up or get out of the way, but Violet was an exception. Therefore, Violet knew how angry Winter was right now, to the point of losing his temper. If it had been anyone else he would have been beaten up a long time ago.

Violet walked to the door. From afar, Winter spoke. 

"My nightmare. What did you ask? You are going to die, that dream."

At those words, Violet hurriedly looked back at Winter. He had the look on his face like a child realizing that he had been abandoned.

"You don't know, do you? What is that moment like? You died before my eyes. The bullet went straight into your head and you were bleeding. I'm watching. I'm watching right in front of you!"

Hearing his pain-filled voice, Violet lost all strength in her body and sat down.

"Even a person who doesn't know who he is would have a hard time forgetting him if he died like that in front of me. But you, not anyone else, died in front of me. That moment will forever be repeated in my dreams. Damn it, even if I lost all my money a hundred times, or my parents abandoned me a thousand times, it wouldn't be as terrible as that moment."

"..."

"You take my sweet sleep and now my faith in my parents. Very awesome. Now that you've done enough, stop bothering me. Because it feels like I'm in hell."

Winter took a step and headed for the door. Violet said, extending her hand to him.

"I'm sorry for speaking so carelessly. I just said it on my own. Is that possible? You grew up loved. Really... Sorry... Really..."

Winter left and the door closed with a bang.

Violet flinched at the sound, then repeated the word sorry several times with a blank face.

***

No matter how many times he knocked, there was no answer, so Hayel opened the door to Winter's office.

He looked at the wall on the right and saw Winter sitting against it.

"How could you leave the Little Madame at the villa?"

Only then did Winter sigh helplessly, then raised his head towards Hayel and asked.

"You took her home, right?"

"Yes. By the way, she looked very sad."

"Oh, shit."

Winter straightened his head and leaned the back of his head against the wall. Hayel asked worriedly.

"Did you fight? Anyway, it's soon, so let's break up on good terms..."

"That damn Princess, she said my parents don't love me enough. What does she know?"

"..."

When Hayel rolled his eyes without answering right away, Winter spoke nervously.

"It's not helpful because she naturally distrusts her parents."

"Should we bring in those who were objectively loved and raised?"

"Why are you calling those guys? What do you think the same thing as Violet?"

"Yes? Oh, no!"

Hayel was shocked and denied it.

But it was already too late, as Winter's expression began to distort. He looked around to see if he wanted to throw something, but couldn't find anything, so he finally found a cigarette in his pants pocket and threw it. Hayel dodged it, picked up the cigarette that had fallen on the floor, and placed it next to Winter.

Winter shouted.

"If you thought that too, why didn't you tell me!"

"If only I had told you. How do you think the CEO reacted? Even though the CEO is weak towards the Little Madame, you got so angry at the Little Madame. What did the Little Lady say easily? Mr. CEO, she has not been able to say that for three years out of fear of being hurt. Why did this story come out in the first place? She can easily divorce and live happily with alimony."

"She told me to be greedy for titles." 

"Yes. Eglin also said that the Little Lady would say that soon. I didn't know it would be like this."

"..."

"Because the CEO wanted the title. She wanted you to be the Duke of Blooming, but the CEO thought of it as family and didn't show greed, but just kept taking it away like a brat, so she mustered up the courage to say that."

Hayel mustered up the courage to take the Little Madam's side and closed the door. As expected, the sound of objects being thrown and breaking was heard from inside.

"Shit. Damn it, damn it!"

Then, all kinds of swear words that Hayel had never heard even on the streets where he grew up begging were poured out.

Hayel trembled and muttered softly. 

"Ugh, that person with a broken personality."

He covered his ears with both hands. After a while, a command was heard from inside the door.

"Get a lawyer!"

"Yes? Ah, yes!"

Hayel ran quickly without pouting.


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments