TFDBF - Chapter 30




The person who lost the most was probably Daniel himself, but instead of feeling upset, he doubled the stakes as the game progressed.

'Crazy guy.'

Naturally, more eyes were watching this table.

Everyone seemed to be gulping their saliva, wondering where such nonsense came from.

"This is the fifth round."

Will the final version be any different?

As he put down the heavy bag of gold coins he was carrying, everyone started to look at him with wide eyes.

Giving up this much money even after losing so far is probably to provide a great twist in the final game.

'It could be that the talented person is trying to play a prank.'

After they became more cautious and increased their stakes, the dice rose high and then fell.

Daniel checked the numbers and shrugged his shoulders.

"Unfortunately, I didn't get it right."

When it was confirmed that I couldn't get anywhere, let alone the right answer. I felt shocked looks from all over.

It was a really cool guy who came rolling in!

I felt very strange after being handed a heavy bag of gold coins while receiving all the envious looks.

I glanced at the two accompanying knights dying behind Daniel.

'There are degrees of loyalty.'

Walking around in a gambling house with the owner with a shit tip. Throughout the five rounds, the faces of those who lost repeatedly turned blue and white.

"Now, if you want, you can move the table..."

"Come here!"

"Hey, this table plan will be fun!"

"What about here?!"

"Handsome brother, come here!"

As soon as the fifth round was over, Daniel began receiving enthusiastic cheers and invitations from every table in the gambling hall.

Daniel clasped his hands together, his eyes sparkled, and he glanced around at those who were calling out to him, then turned his gaze to me.

'No, wait.'

A feeling of anxiety came over me.

He opened his mouth towards me with a harmless smile, like a puppy following its owner.

"I'd like to go to the same table as this woman." 

No sooner had he finished speaking than someone screamed.

"Sistet! Come here!"

"No, to us! Our table will accommodate you!"

"This place is on a different level!"

In an instant, I got the attention of all the tables and cursed under my breath.

'Something like a fool, really.' 

The culprit, who had quietly snuck into the gambling hall and ruined my entire plan to approach Marco, was blinking meekly as if asking me to praise him.

My head rang from the shouts of those who were talking in a disorderly manner like the floor of a market.

I pressed my temples and turned my head.

Since we have already confirmed that Marco is not in 'this' space, it might actually be a good thing. 

"It's too noisy and busy. If there is a room inside, I want to go there."

A light of understanding appeared on the face of the man who guided me through my calm request.

'He'll probably listen. They also don't want to make any more fuss than necessary.'

The guide, who quickly returned from a conversation with someone eIse, eventually led me to a deep and secret space located inside the building.

"..."

Like a chick following its mother, Daniel followed after me.

It was such a natural step that even the man who glanced back seemed to think he was going to do that.

When I opened the door to the room he led me to, a stale smell and hot moisture wafted out.

"As you can see, the stakes are high here."

"It does not matter."

Everyone was so absorbed in the results in front of them that they didn't even raise their heads to see who would come or not.

It was completely different from the atmosphere outside, which was filled with laughter.

There was a tense atmosphere between these people, whose eyes were red and bloodshot.

"You can sit at any table you want."

As I walked slowly and checked for empty seats, I found someone familiar and stopped in front of him.

A man who was watching the dice roll on the table with his mouth open suddenly raised his head with a puzzled look on his face at the shadow that was cast in front of him.

A blush appeared on his cheeks as if he had already drunk alcohol.

"I want to join the game."

The participant next to the man who was rolling the dice responded to my words in a hoarse voice.

"If you want, you can start from the next round. Sit anywhere."

Daniel took a seat next to me as if it was a given and then pulled out my chair.

Instead of the chair he had vacated, I went around the table and took a seat across from him.

When I glanced to the side, I saw Marco with his legs shaking.

Someone said mockingly to Marco, who was chewing his fingertips.

"Hey, you quit here, okay? Didn't there be an uproar yesterday too?" 

"Noisy!"

Marco shouted nervously and looked at the money on the table with a pale face.

"Well, Parnell over here got it right this time."

Coins were swept from the table along with the dealer's calm voice. Marco, who was watching the coins pouring down in despair, became restless, grabbed the bag that the other person was sweeping, and opened his mouth mournfully.

"This, this, this can't be done..."

"Actually, it's not mine."

"That's your problem."

A sneer appeared on the face of the man named Parnell who won the money. Someone encouraged Marco, who looked like his world had collapsed.

"That guy is really crazy. Yesterday, even after passing over one person..."

Someone's murmur of something absurd reached my ears.

I slowly looked at his face and put down a handful of gold coins from my pocket in front of him.

"I don't want to see someone go bankrupt right when they're just starting out. If you want, you can bet again on that."

Marco, who looked hesitant, quickly brought the gold coin in front of him.

"Then let's start the game again. If you are participating, please raise your bet amount." 

As soon as I could hear the dealer's words, money piled up on the table with a clanking sound.

Marco's bright eyes filled with greed as he saw the money piled up on the table.

***

The dealer, holding dice in his hand, held out a clean license plate. Everyone carefully spits out numbers with nervous expressions on their faces. 

"11."

“9.”

As the stakes grew and the number of people in the party increased, the number of dice naturally increased to four.

Naturally, the number of calls is bound to increase.

Marco's choice was 15.

'Is it better to let him win or to brush him off?

Judging by his desperate expression, the pockets he is trying to recover are funds that should never be used for gambling.

It was obvious that he would gamble until he got that item back.

'In the end, you will end up empty and kicked out without finding anything."

I looked down at the table full of shiny things and slowly opened my mouth.

"4."

Their eyes turned towards me as if they were surprised by the number I called.

Because it was a number that could not come up unless all four dice indicated 1.

Some even cast suspicious glances at my overly calm face.

I wonder if he's saying something like that because he has some reason to trust him.

Daniel, who was staring at me, smiled and opened his mouth.

"Same number as the ladies."

A sweet voice that was pleasant to listen to appealed to me.

Anyone can see that this number was intentionally thrown to lose, but you're betting it on the same number as me? 

The knights on both sides of him were unable to breathe and their eyes were wide open.

'It must have cost quite a bit of money.'

Of the two, the long-haired man closed his eyes tightly and opened his mouth first.

“10.”

“13.”

Not to be outdone, another knight next to him spit out another number.

The first two people to name 'Daniel' and a different number both had extremely distressed faces as if they had lost something inside of them.

"Then, let's roll the dice."

With calm words, the dice spun in his hand.

'Windy.'

Windy, who understood my call, cleverly slightly twisted the direction of the dice floating in the air.

Degururu-

Soon, the numbers on the dice that fell on the table were clearly revealed...

“15!”

As someone muttered in disbelief, Marco started screaming in excitement.

Forgetting the pain from a moment ago, I heard voices filled with cheers and looked at Daniel across from me. 

'What on earth are you thinking?"

The moment I saw his face with a faint smile, I knew it.

Even though he knew that I had deliberately called a low number with the intention of losing to Marco in the first place, he insisted on betting on the same number as me. 

'The faces of the attendant knights on both sides looked very attractive.'

Judging from his attitude, it seemed like he had not come to retrieve stolen money or to criticize someone for sending someone to the wrong place that day.

Then why on earth are you chasing me around like a chick that has found its mother?

Well, it doesn't matter. As a result, thanks to him, I reached my goal much more easily.

Before I came here, I thought he would ruin all my plans.



Previous            Next Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments