THYU - Chapter 61




There was nothing in the clothes that Violet had decided would protect her for the rest of her life. When she remembered that moment again, she felt like her heart melted and flowed out.

No matter what she said after that, Violet couldn't respond. Eglin, thinking that she had talked too much without notice, quietly left the office.

Even after Eglin left, Violet sat with a blank expression on her face for a long time.

Her body felt so weak that she completely forgot how to react.

She was filled with unbearable anger for the Bloomings. However, she couldn't decide whether she should be angry at her husband or feel sorry for him since he too was a victim of this situation.

And after a little more time, the hellish pain she felt that day came back to her.

Violet was unable to move for a while, just staring at the wall of the office.

***

After putting his wife to work, Winter shamelessly bought as many things as he wanted and came back home.

He even bought a cart and filled it with plenty of necessary things. Lina, who got a straw hat and a pretty dress, was enjoying her happiness by sitting in the cart and drinking a frozen slushy with juice. She asked as she watched Winter pull the cart.

"Look, it's fun playing with me, right?"

"You're having fun, kid."

"That's also true."

Lina laughed.

After returning Lina, who was in a very happy state, to Pim, he returned home to find the house empty, as if he had sensed Violet's desire to go away on her own.

He grumbled as he placed the cart in front of the house.

"How can this woman not have a cart?"

Winter, who was thinking about what he was saying to himself, narrowed his eyes.

"Do you know the existence of carts?"

There seemed to be a high probability of not knowing. So, he carries the luggage to the carriage every day.

Winter took the luggage in the cart and carried it home. He was walking around with a body that wasn't fully healed, losing his temper, and after working, he didn't even have the strength to lift a finger.

Still, he felt much more at ease. It was nice to still hear his wife's voice in his ears, even though it was a long time for him to put it out.

How much time had passed since he was eating the thick bread rolled with meat and cheese that he bought at the market? 

Finally, the door opened and Violet entered. Winter, whose feet were numb as he took over her work, shook his hair, which Lina had tied into two ponytails, and trembled with his slyness.

"The kid next door did it for me. Is not It cute?"

"..."

Violet didn't react.

Winter finally realized that he looked so unlucky when he was expressionless. He walked over to Violet and spoke much more cheerfully than usual.

"I'm sorry for leaving the work to you. I especially didn't want to work today. Besides, there are a lot of things I would like you to take on..."

"When were you planning on telling me?"

"What?" 

"Your parents drugged me."

As soon as he heard those words, Winter became meditative and hurriedly grabbed her arm and changed his body again. Immediately, Winter held Violet tightly in his arms,  preventing her from disappearing. 

"How did you know?"

"It doesn't matter."

"I was planning to tell you after the divorce. I'm worried that you might run away without completing the three months you promised."

"Ah, Winter..."

"Don't blame yourself. You disappeared for a year because of this. You punished me enough. I say I even give divorce, therefore... Don't blame yourself anymore."

Violet returned home without any plan as to how her husband would react. Winter kept repeating that she shouldn't blame herself which wasn't the reaction Violet was expecting.

Winter said, loosening Violet up a bit.

"You said you felt like you would die if you were next to me, right?"

Violet's eyes shook slightly as she met his expression.

Winter seemed like someone who was faced with waves that he couldn't handle Without any intention of responding, Violet was just in as late of resignation. 

Violet looked at Winter silently, and he continued.

"So you left me know, I mean, I'm giving you a divorce."

Violet said she was happy here, she said it was hell next to him, and that fact still hasn't changed. Winter still dreamed too often of the day Violet died. When he woke up from his dream screaming, Winter was devastated that no matter what happened, he wouldn't be able to be by her side.

Violet hates him.

He didn't mind even though she left him for a year. Even after finding out he was here too, Violet didn't want to see him. 

If he hadn't died that day, she would never have met him. Like a child who suddenly hated everything, Winter was unable to calm down the complex pain that was seething from within. 

At that time, Violet pressed the back of his hand on the table with hot hands. When Winter looked at Violet she opened her mouth.

"I'm not even angry yet, but you're thinking so much about yourself."

"..."

"Of course, I'm angry at you too. But more than that, I think the first people I should be angry at are your parents. You're next. For now, give me some time to gather my thoughts."

Winter, who was thinking about what this meant, opened his mouth. 

"It sounds like you are telling me not to visit you for the time being."

"Yes, that's right. I need time."

She was frighteningly calm, and her exact opposite type of anger made it impossible for Winter to guess the extent of her anger. 

"I'll decide something before the opening party. Don't give orders." 

"You're forcing it. If you don't make a decision quickly, I will come in here."

"I will decide quickly."

After she answered, Winter had no choice, but to leave her house. Violet locked the door and sat down at the table, exhausted.

No matter what Winter had done, her body was in more pain than before. 

She sat down and thought. Her heart, which had been burning as if it were burning, remained in that state and it was only after dawn that she calmed down a little.

She spent that time planning a way to deal a huge blow to the Duke and Duchess of Blooming, while at the same time giving her what she had not been able to give to her husband.

It wasn't until the next afternoon that she left the house. Her next-door neighbor, Pim, spotted her and followed her.

"Violet, where are you going?"

"I'd like to go to the Chiron Post Office."

"Good! Let's go together. Since you probably don't know how to send mail between continents, I'll help you. You know the dress that Violet bought for Lina yesterday? The child loved it so much that she insisted on wearing it to sleep instead of her pajamas."

"So she ended up sleeping without even changing his clothes?”

It seemed like Winter had taken Lina to the market. Pim walked after her, with or without Violet's permission.

"Where should I send the letter?"

 "I'm thinking of sending it to my parents-in-law."

The only way to send a letter from Rocrkround to Chiron was by ship, so if you were lucky, it might arrive early, but if you took the wrong ship, it could take over a year depending on the route. 

Conversely, on this continent surrounded by strong magical power, the post office was able to have letters reach their destination in the blink of an eye. The price was expensive, but not unreasonable. Violet went to the post office with Pim and sent a letter to the Duke and Duchess of Blooming.

They would come here in person soon, so she would hear the answer soon.

***

The atmosphere in the Blooming family was not very good.

As winter ends and spring begins, Duchess Catherine Blooming held a tea party. She was gradually learning how much money these tea parties, held almost every weekend, required was cut off, and half of the rent for Violet's Long Leawond land that had been handed over to Dieb also disappeared.

Now, It is no longer possible to maintain one's wealth by throwing extravagant parties every week like before.

The tea party guests, unaware of such circumstances, tried even harder to win Catherine's favor as the Chiron Hotel's opening party approached. 

"I heard that all members of the Kanik Hotel Social Club received invitations? I heard that Kanik Hotel runs the train and boat directly to the opening party and even pays all lodging expenses."

"I think Lady Catherine will be the first to stay in the best room in this hotel. I'm jealous."

Not only Catherine, but also James Blooming, who was participating in the tea party, tried to pretend that nothing had happened, but his fingertips were shaking a little due to anxiety and nervousness. 

Among the Important gifts his son gave him was a VIP at the Kanik Hotel and a membership to the Kanik Hotel Social Club, one of the important conditions for social circles. The couple received ten black business card-sized membership cards every year that allowed them to enjoy the tremendous benefits of the Kanik Hotel, but had to be renewed every year and cost a lot of money. 

This membership was one of the forces that made the Southern aristocracy strive to impress them, but this year there was no guarantee that it would come. It was something he earned through merit, and now he realizes its value.

After the tea party, James opened his mouth nervously.

"He didn't even send us an Invitation to the opening party this time. He's not usually angry."

"But my son loves us, so he will vent his anger when we meet."

"It must be so."

While the two were worried, a butler came running towards them.

"Lord, Master! Lady! Well, a letter has arrived from Little Madame!"

"What?"

James frowned and followed the butler. James's hands began to tremble as he accepted the letter the butler held out and checked it on the spot.

"Such a devilish bitch!"

"W-what's going on?" 

"Look at this, Ma'am. She plans to destroy our family!" 

Catherine's expression was also stained with anger as she received the letter from James.

Dear Duke and Duchess of Blooming. 

I heard from the doctor that you were giving me poor-quality medicine. 

At first, I was very angry and didn't understand why you did what you did.

I think you probably wanted us to divorce.

I heard that my husband was so angry about this that he stopped providing financial support to you both. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether to be angry at my husband, or feel pity for him and forgive him. 

I am sure my choice will have a big impact on my husband. If I forgive and ask, my husband will resume providing financial support. The choice is up to you two. I forgive you for doing the unforgivable things you have done to me. And there is only one price. 

On our wedding day, I hope that you will give me the one thing I could not give to my husband.

Please make Lord Winter Blooming the first heir to the title of Duke Blooming. He is the eldest son of the two, an outstanding talent, and a successor who will make the family prosper. He is also the only son who has the power to maintain their social life.

There is no negotiation. I'll wait for a confirmation.

Violet Blooming



Previous                Next

Comments