THYU - Chapter 54




After the Doss siblings left, Violet and Winter also headed home. The road in the oak forest where Violet's house was located was narrow and the carriage could not stop right in front of the house, so the two walked slowly into the forest at a slow pace.

They entered the house, covered in the smell of the sea and trees. Winter said, looking at the lanterns hanging sparsely on the trees.

"It's something you can't even imagine in Rockround."

"Yes? It's against the fire law in Rockround."

"This place is all magic stones, so it's okay. There is no chance of a fire." 

Winter couldn't hide his satisfied expression.

"I need to apply it to hotels. Because magic stones are a characteristic of this continent."

"That's a good idea."

It was a wonderful atmosphere. The two walked down the dirt road and arrived at Violer's house.

Violet said as she opened the door.

"Thank you for taking me there."

"Wait for a second."

While Winter was wondering what pretext he could use to go into her house and get tea, something suddenly tugged at his pants. When he looked down, he saw that it was the hand of the kid next door.

"Mister." 

"Go away. I don't have time to play."

"That's not it, my mom suddenly got a stomachache, so I went to the hospital with my dad. She told me to hang out with Violet."

Lina looked at Winter with trembling eyes as she spoke and rubbed the back of her neck with both hands as if her neck was sore from being too high. Then she stuck her head into the open door and spoke to Violet.

"Violet. My mom was sick, so I went to the hospital with my dad. You should stay with Violet, my mother said." 

Violet, who was surprised to hear that Pim was sick, gestured and Lina came inside.

"They say it hurts a lot?"

"It hurts a little."

The child responded and her eyes widened as she found a paper doll.

"I saw that at the festival earlier!"

"Oh, yes. I bought it there."

"Mom said if I buy it because it's expensive, I'll be in big trouble. I need to trade my house with the dog." 

Even as Lina was answering, she was looking at the paper doll with a fascinated expression. When Violet looked at Winter, he clicked his tongue and shook his head.

"No. That's Violet. Put it down." 

Winter said angrily, took out the small coin bag he had bought earlier and thought was useless, filled it with money, and handed it to the child. 

"Take this and ask your parents to buy it for you later."

"It's money!"

"It's a lot of money. Don't lose it."

Seeing Winter compromise with money even with a six-year-old, Violet found the consistency a bit surprising. Violet held up the doll to Lina, who returned to her side.

"Shall we play with this first?" 

"Huh! I like this outfit."

"Wow, that's a pretty outfit." 

When she came home, she was scared and looked like I was going to cry, but she quickly became excited. Winter looked dumbfounded took out a chair and sat down.

Violet, who could not bear to chase Winter away from the child after he came into the house like a snake climbing a wall, pretended not to notice him and played with dolls with Lina.

After playing for a while, Lina quickly went to Winter and said. 

"Scary man, please give me a ride on a wooden horse!"

"Why me?"

"I thought it was really high!" 

"You can't do that because you have already grown up. That's only for babies." 

"Is Lina still a baby?"

Lina confidently countered. Winter snorted in bewilderment and tapped his hand on the ceiling. 

"It won't work because the ceiling is Iow." 

"You will bow down like this!"

Lina seemed to be worried that he wouldn't be able to understand if she just spoke, so she bowed her waist. Winter laughed and motioned for her to come out.

As Lina ran out of the house excitedly, Winter picked up the child and gave her a ride on the horse. Lina was excited. 

"Violet, look at this! Is it really big?" 

"Wow, really."

Violet looked at the two people curiously.

Since children are honest, it would be natural for them to immediately take a liking to Winter's special appearance, but it was surprising that Winter, who was thought to be a bit picky, played well with the child.

They wandered around the house for a while and soon returned home. As Winter put the child down on the table, Lina whispered to Winter with her wide eyes.

"If I go up to the table, Violet will scold me."

At the child's words, Winter shook his shoulders, smiled, and answered.

"I know, I've already been scolded many times."

Then they both looked at Violet as if she was a strange person. Violet set Lina down from the table and spoke as if she were a child.

"Why do you both look like that when you say don't climb where you shouldn't?"

"I didn't know you were nagging this kid too."

"Because she's a child, I need to teach her even more."

"You have a different outlook on education than me."

While the two were bickering, they searched the house and took out snacks for the child to eat.

After a while, Pim came to pick up the child. Fortunately, she said that she had an upset stomach because she ate too much cold food at the festival. She laughed and said thank you before leaving.

After the child left, things became quiet between the two.

Violet opened her mouth. 

"Now go back."

"You still don't know? I'm the type of person who doesn't go any further when told to go."

"You are a strange person."

Violet said sincerely.

Winter held out his hand.

"Give me your hand."

"Why?"

"I will go if you give it to me, so give it to me."

"Don't take it."

Winter giggled and laughed at Violet's little joke.

Violet held out her hand and placed it on Winter's palm. Violet asked as Winter held her hand and looked at her quietly.

"What are you doing?"

"You like holding hands."

"I don't like it anymore."

"I like it these days. Is it stained?"

Winter quietly wrapped her hand. And with a regretful expression, he let go of her hand.

"Let's go slowly." 

Violet spoke up and went out the door first as if to see him off. Winter followed her, putting his hands in his pocket and saying dissatisfiedly.

"It's late. Should I tell you to go to sleep?"

"I'm just saying this, but I really think I'm going to sleep."

"Do you think I can't tell the difference between empty words?" 

"I think you're a man who uses empty words when you need them."

Winter clicked his tongue at Violet's words. Then Violet said her words as if joking.

"It's late. Would you like to sleep on the sofa?"

"Done." 

Winter grumbled and turned around.

Violet, who was laughing unconsciously while looking at his back, hurried into the house and closed the door.

"Ah. I need to come to my senses."

After going on a date at the festival, she got so caught up in the feeling of being in a relationship that she almost forgot that this was a period of contemplation for divorce.

However, even as she tried to think that way, she looked over at the table and saw Winter sitting in a cocky posture for a moment. He was playing with a child and he was complaining that he was going to blow it all up with firecrackers.

The past, in which he broke her will to live countless times was forgotten over and over again while she was with him. 

"I don't even want it." 

She muttered to herself and shook her head to clear her mind.

***

It was an amazing thing. After reuniting with Violet, all of Winter's missing senses and emotions returned.

Winter slept well for the first time in a while and ate a delicious meal for the first time in a while.

The return of sensation and emotion was not always a positive thing. Negative things also came back the same way.

He became much more excited than before he was reunited with Violet, and then much more depressed. The gap made him suffer even more.

But anyway, today's meal was great. Chiron's meal was much more to Winter's taste than that of the Rockround capital.

It was also fortunate for the employees. Since he had a dirty personality by nature, no one expected him to have a kind personality in the first place. However, he just didn't know when to get angry and drive people crazy like he did not long ago.

It was a time when he was taking care of things and worrying about how often he should ask Violet to meet him every day, as he thought she would be distressed if he asked her to meet him every day. The office door opened very carefully, and Hayel entered with an indescribable expression.

"Hey, CEO."

"What?"

When Winter asked, Hayel took a deep breath and opened his mouth.

"The CEO's mother. She's are here."

"..."

By his title, Winter knew immediately who Hayel was referring to. Mrs. Blooming or Catherine Blooming, was called Madam. Therefore, the 'CEO's mother' he was referring to was definitely Winter's biological mother. 

"Why that woman?"

"I don't know yet. First, she is waiting in the reception room. What should I do?"

Hayel was waiting for an answer to kick her out immediately.

***

Winter walked down the hallway, angry at the completely incomprehensible situation. He didn't want to break the door, so Flip hurriedly opened the door. He entered the living room and stopped dead in his tracks.

In front of the table was a beautiful middle-aged woman with gray eyes who looked tired.

Even though they met more than 20 years ago, Winter immediately recognized her as his biological mother, Line.

He looked at Linega Winter, her hair, which had turned gray early on due to her hard work, over one shoulder.

"Oh my God. You've really grown up a lot."

Winter laughed, shaking his shoulders in bewilderment.

After abandoning her five-year-old and moving across the continent to live alone, there was no contact whatsoever. Even if she had only come to visit five years ago, he was confident that he would completely forgive her mother.

He closed his eyes for a moment. Depression enveloped him before anger. Winter immediately opened his eyes, walked with the sound of his shoes making a sound, and sat down across from Line. 

"What is your business?"

Line laughed awkwardly at his cold words.

"The business is. How are you doing?"

"Now that you've come?" 

"I knew you were doing well. In fact, I thought it would be more of a hassle for me to come out in front."

"So. Do you have any business?" 

Winter was sure. She must have had a reason why she came now.

This kind of thing has been common ever since he had a little bit of wealth. All kinds of people he knew from across the street came to him to try to get help somehow.

From then on, whenever someone came to see hj., Winter developed a habit of distrusting them first. Winter looked at Line who couldn't say anything, then took out a cigarette and lit it.

He asked after taking a puff. 

"Are you here to borrow money?"

Line didn't respond or take action, but Winter could tell that the unspoken words were positive.

After a while, Line opened her mouth.

"It was very difficult for me to survive alone. You know. How difficult is it for a foreign woman to live?"

"You can start with the conclusion."

"I met him at Alika. I got married to a man. I gave birth to twin boys, both of whom had heart problems. They turned 18 this year, and I can't afford the medicine for my two children..."

Ah.

"I know it's shameless. You can't forgive me, but they are also your younger siblings."

Winter couldn't bear it anymore because he was laughing so hard.

Does God hate me? Is that why you tormented me and my wife?

Winter took another deep drag on his cigarette and spoke.

"You're asking me to give money to a child who made you abandon me. It is true that I have some money left over, but I don't have any money to give to my mother."

Line spoke urgently at his words.

"Aren't you giving it to your biological father?"

It seems like Line didn't want to do this either, but when her child was dying, her eyes rolled back and she was in a state where she could do anything. Winter answered with a cheerful expression.

"I don't know how you knew that, but I haven't given it to him since last month. For my 29th birthday, I want to make my parents independent."

"Winter..."

"What can I do? Please come here a little sooner."

God, please kill me. God, please send lightning down on me.

At this moment, Winter was desperately looking for God, whom he had never looked for in his life. He wanted to hold on to his pant legs and scream, asking God to kill him.

Line's breathing began to become rough.

"I will do anything. What can I do for you to forgive me?"

"Mother. Those twins were just meant to be. I was destined to be abandoned at the age of five. Just say I'm unlucky."

Winter said and shrugged his shoulders as if asking what to do.

At that moment, Line, who couldn't bear it anymore, raised her hand and slapped Winter hard on the cheek.

Winter turned his head and looked irritated.

"Oh, shit. Fuck life."



Previous            Next

Comments