TCIWTFY - Chapter 43



Medea, who realized his dark intentions, adjusted the fan handle and held it. The cool feel of iron clung to her palm.

It had been a long time since the expedition, and the feel of the weapon she was holding was unfamiliar.

"I can't believe I can't even handle a single low-level demon like this, Princess. Why on earth did you come along?"

"There's nothing special about Valdina. Even the best cavalrymen were all bluffs!"

"Wouldn't it be better to go back? Do you think our expedition team has gathered to hunt down a useless woman?"

In the past life, the expedition's warriors were never kind to Medea.

Since Medea did not have a formal relationship with Jason, instead of being treated as a Grand Duchess, she was treated as a burden on the expedition.

Jason, her lover, also did not protect Medea.

"Medea, you know I need them. The day I become Emperor, I will make all your sorrows known."

Medea was sad that even her loved one was not on her side. Even at night when he was sleeping with his back to her, she secretly wet her pillowcase under her breath.

"I can't keep living like this."

And then she realized. The only one who can protect her completely is herself.

If she doesn't fulfill her purpose somehow, she may be abandoned on this difficult expedition.

From then on, Medea began observing the warriors fighting against the demonic beasts.

"We cannot surpass them in power. So, we have no choice but to compete with speed and technology."

"How can I strike at once?"

An is was drawn from the inside to the outside of the fan stand that was laid straight down.

"I want to prove it. I didn't make a wrong choice."

It hit the leader's neck precisely.

The unique heaviness of Damascus steel was conveyed through the striking point.

"Ugh! W-what..."

"I want to work hard and return proudly so that everyone can see it."

Jason. I really...

I thought that if I worked hard and did my best, everything would be fine.

Our love, my child's future,

My dream is to one day return to my homeland with fairness.

A person's heart is as deep and endless as the abyss, so you shouldn't even trust the man you spent haIf your life with.

"Ugh-!"

But, Medea didn't know that at the time.

After being struck in the larynx, the head fell to the floor due to the strong impact of hitting the solar plexus mercilessly.

Pasik!

Then, the stem of Medea's fan was struck vertically right next to the leader's rounded ear.

If it had been a little more to the Ieft, it would have pierced his neck.

"Uh, uh"

The leader trembled. A foul smell wafted from the lower part of the body, which was becoming dark and wet.

Fit. fit. fit!

At that time, several raindrops flew towards Medea along with the sound of the fierce wind.

"Your Highness, be careful!"

She hit two but missed the last one.

'There's Saya behind me."

A moment of thought occurred to Medea, but instead of completely avoiding Bido, she turned her body slightly to avoid only the fatal wound.

However, she did not feel the pain she had prepared for by biting her lip.

This is because the fiercely flying rain hit something and bounced off.

"Are you okay?"

Neril quickly approached and asked.

"Huh."

"It's really dangerous. Why didn't you avoid it?"

"..."

Neril soon saw Saya trembling behind Medea and knew the reason.

"What would you have done if there had been poison smeared on that secret passage?"

Medea looked around while listening to Neril's nagging, whose face turned pale.

Clearly, someone blocked the last one for her.

"Where did you come from? Who threw it?"

There was no sound in the quiet Forest.

Normally she would have checked the epicenter but the sun was setting. She had to go back before the palace gates closed.

Having set priorities, she put away her weapons and reorganized her appearance.

After finishing dealing with the remaining soldiers, Neril approached. She paused when she saw the fallen leader.

'As expected, you were hiding your skills from Your Majesty.'

"Would you like to kill everyone?"

Neril looked at the unconscious leader. 

"Is there any need to get my hands dirty?"

These are bodies that will no longer function properly anyway.

Will animals be hungry at a time when people have nothing to eat?

Even if they are lucky enough to survive the starving beasts and return to the streets, there will be people who just want to clear their karma.

"Tell your master when he wakes up. The next time we meet, it will be difficult to survive."

The soldiers just kept nodding in fear.

***

"Princess, she's the Princess of Valdina, right?"

The Princess's carriage left and Cesare's group appeared from behind the tree.

Gallo, who had been stunned by the shaman's death for a while, rubbed his eyes as if he could not believe what had happened in front of him.

"Could the Princess do martial arts?"

Terence, who had been calm the whole time, also tilted his head in excitement.

"When the Princess turned around, life felt very simple. By the way, boss. The last one that bounced off was the boss, right?"

While he was lost, he guessed he managed to see it.

Instead of answering, Cesare did not take his eyes off the spot where the Princess had left.

"..."

He recalled the image of her he had seen earlier.

A nobility that did not collapse even among vicious thieves. Her delicate, youthful facial features, like those of a young animal, were clear even from a distance.

The strange atmosphere where calm and vitality coexist was more likely to exist in nature than in a bloody royal palace.

But that peace was short-lived as she aimed for the thief's head more viciously than anyone else.

In the forest at sunset, the Princess's flowing silver hair sparkled with golden light for a moment. 

'Venus of Valdina...'

At once, I remembered what the old woman had said.

"Poor black star, may the Venus of Valdina save your fate from being entangled in something evil... Tenny."

Cesare's eyes flashed gold like the Princess's a moment ago.

'Could the Venus the old woman spoke of be a person?'

If that's really the case, what are the odds that that Princess is Valdina's Venus?

Dawn's droplet, will that girl be able to find the solution to get rid of his curse?

"Know everything about the Princess of Valdina."

"This suddenly? Everything?"

"Entire."

Thump thump thump.

Cesare's heart began to beat rapidly at the faint possibility.

***

Valdina Palace.

"Starting today, you must serve me. Take care, everyone."

Saya, who followed Medea to the palace, quickly adapted to the new environment.

"Wasn't there any territoriality?"

"It would be a lie to say that it doesn't exist at all. However, the child was quick-witted and eloquent, so she quickly won the hearts of the courtiers."

A street child whom the Princess brought in from her home away from home.

In the royal palace where status was everything, Saya soon became a thorn in the side.

However, as she lived alone on the streets, she did not give in to territoriality.

How can a stone that has been rolled in be loved from the beginning?

Moreover, she had a knack for winning people's sympathy.

"My birthday is the anniversary of my mother's death. My father injured his leg in the war and had difficulty moving, but before he passed away, he always bought me white bread on my birthday."

She unhesitatingly revealed the shame that could be fatal to an adolescent girl.

No one gets angry at people who struggle with even the most basic food, clothing, and shelter.

All the little things measure each other and compete with each other.

"That day was also the day I went to dig up medicinal herbs. But I never thought I would be sold to a human trafficker, so my eyes were dark."

With her bean-like black eyes sparkling, she realistically explained the situation of that day, a mixture of facts and fabrications.

"The thieves said they already own my eyes and organs. I ran away frantically and crashed into a carriage, but when I saw a precious young lady riding on it, I immediately clung to her and begged her to save me."

"Oh my... Oh my, that's pitiful."

The maids were suddenly completely immersed in her story.

"If Her Highness hadn't saved me, I would have been sold and not even a trace would have been left behind. I guess my deceased parents wanted to save me somehow."

Saya bravely wiped away the tears flowing down with her fist. The maids assimilated and wiped away their tears.

"Oh my God... It's pitiful."

"I, Saya, am still young, but I know human duties. I ended up here, trying to repay Her Highness for saving my life. It was only later that I found out that this precious person was a Princess, and I ended up causing trouble to my sisters like this."

Saya stood up, bowed, and bowed.

"My sisters are like my teachers. I'm lacking a lot because I haven't learned anything, so please scold me as much as you can. If it's my sisters' teachings, I will accept them like heaven."

"Oh my, look at what she's saying!"

The maids burst into laughter.



Previous                    Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments