TCIWTFY - Chapter 41



If anyone finds me, tell them you don't know. If I'm here, you too become dangerous. This country is rotten. I will avenge my father. Wait.

The next day, government soldiers roamed the streets looking for the culprit who hit the guard captain.

Only then did Saya learn why her brother ran away in a hurry.

Saya buried her face in her hand.

"Look, Theo. You abandoned me without any regrets, but I'm still so worried about you that I can't even think about what to do."

Is this really true?

But the tears dried quickly. She was left alone, but she had to live.

Saya chewed the dry bread and swallowed it.

"I decided to bring you herbs before sundown."

After finishing her simple meal, she moved her body. She then quickly finished getting her gear ready and was about to open her front door.

"Hi."

Saya faced a girl standing in front of the gate.

The girl with moon-like silver hair and green eyes looked like a difficult and precious girl who did not fit in at all with this town.

"What is your name?"

The young lady who was staring at Saya suddenly asked.

“Say, It’s Saya.”

The girl grinned.

"I'm sorry for coming here without telling you, but if you're not busy, could you give me a moment?"

***

Medea entered the house where the embers were still shallow.

Although the sun had not yet set, the house was filled with darkness.

Saya was like the boy she remembered.

'Was Theo a woman?'

"My parents passed away a long time ago, and I have a brother. He's dead."

"Do you have any family?"

It was a question from a stranger, but Saya answered without realizing it with her clear green eyes.

There was a long and unpleasant gap between the answer of the girl she was facing.

"I heard your father was retired from the military, right?"

Saya's pupils shook. Her heart pounded at the sound of the girl's voice that seemed to already know her.

Did they come to catch her because of the sins her brother committed?

Saya fell flat on the floor. The girl changed her stance quickly.

"My father is Pearson and I have a twin brother named Theo. My brother lied because he hit the guard captain three years ago and ran away."

Medea raised her eyebrows.

"You don't know where your brother has gone?"

Saya shook her head.

"Sometimes, he sends out messages and just reports the news of survival. He said he can't come back now because he's still being chased."

If three years have passed, the wanted list and punishment will have long since become weaker. But the fact that he doesn't come into the royal castle...

'It means you've already joined the rebels. If Theo, who is so meticulous, is willing to take risks and send a message, he cares a lot about this child.'

Medea, lost in thought, tapped her index finger on her knee.

"I didn't come here to ask that. I heard that you were suffering alone, so I thought I could help you."

Neril looked at Medea. She must have thought that she was trying to take away Saya, but she hurriedly intervened, knowing that she was being rude.

"Your Highness. I will deal with that later. I can't have a stranger whose status is uncertain right now next to you."

In the middle of speaking, Neril realized that she had revealed Medea's identity as a Princess and stopped.

However, Saya's eyes were already wide and she stared at Medea.

'If you're a Princess...'

The story of a Princess living in a magnificent royal palace far away was famous even in the slums where she lived.

Saya lowered her head further to the floor.

"Please take me with you. I don't want to stay here."

The little girl thought.

The lady in front of me, no, the Princess, is the first and last rope given to me.

"You can order anything. I will do anything, so please don't leave me here." 

If she were a Princess, she would definitely be able to make up for the mistakes her brother made with the government forces. She was glad that she had a way to live despite bearing her brother's sins.

"Although my brother sinned, my father died on the battlefield fighting for Valdina. Princess, is that okay?"

The little girl's voice was somewhat desperate.

But at the same time, it was clear and distinct.

Saya was similar to but different from Theo in her memories.

The two fragile yet upright eyes showed a determination that would never break.

Saya's appearance, telling the Princess and simultaneously observing Neril's feelings, seemed to show how miserable she had been living here.

Lastly, she even asks for sympathy by mentioning that her father was a soldier in Valdina.

"Even if you don't follow me, I can provide you with a way to live."

A large bag of gold coins was held out in front of Saya.

"I don't keep just anyone around."

Saya was quick-witted.

A Princess with a pretty face. And that knight who obeys her absolutely.

Then there was only one gap she could squeeze through.

"Your Highness, you probably don't need me as a lowly person, but there is nothing I haven't tried before, and when I learn something new, I do it quickly. I can do anything. Your Highness, even the uncomfortable things you ask that knight and others to do."

Medea looked down at the child.

"There's the princess! Get the Princess!"

"Look, everyone! This Princess who was caught while running away for her own life is here!"

'Theo, if I think about my past life, I should kill you beforehand.'

But, you did me a favor by letting me go in the end. So, in return, I will take care of your sister.

The blessings of her past life and this life have ended here, but she will give him one more.

'I'll save you too.'

Instead, when he crosses the wall with the rebels, this child will be his last line of defense.

Medea warned in advance.

"You might regret having me as your master."

Because she will use her as her brother's leash.

"Is that okay?"

Saya stared into the green eyes. At least there wasn't an ounce of lies in it.

She nodded vigorously.

"Then come with me."

The white hands that held and lifted the child were cold.

***

At that time, a slum was on the same street.

Cesare entered.

As mercenaries with Façades that did not match the old, narrow streets appeared one after another, a cloud of war hung over the streets.

Even when people with evil eyes tried to argue with him, he retreated because of the murderous spirit that radiated from them.

"Are you here? Where is that shaman?"

Gallo answered Cesare's question.

"Yes, boss. My source said he saw an old woman speaking in archaic continental language in a slum outside the city walls. Among her belongings, there was a pattern that appeared to be the mark of the Shadeian tribe."

"Cesare, give up your high expectations."

Terence, who had followed along out of concern for his friend, shook his head.

Cesare looked around the empty street intently.

It's not a big neighborhood, but they'll be able to find it today.

They hurried their steps.

It was when he was passing through a particularly black and shady alley.

"Are you looking for me?"

The old woman covered in a robe grinned without looking up.

"You're late. With so little time left, this old man thought he had to leave for the nether world first."

Gallo frowned.

The old woman's words sounded as if she knew they were looking for her.

Was it so difficult to find traces because you had intentionally run away from being pursued?

So why did you show up now?

At that time, the old woman spoke to Gallo.

"You will meet the people you need to meet. My time and your time intersected on the line of fate, so a point of contact was created."

Cesare walked over and stood in front of the old woman. A dark shadow fell over the old woman.

"Are you Shadeia's shaman?"

The wind blew and the robe covering the old woman's forehead came off.

"Black Star, it is a pity that something evil has entangled your fate."

Terence stopped when he saw the unfocused, blurry jade eyes.

"You can't see..."

However, the shaman raised her head precisely and stared at Cesare. Just like she looks.

"The darkness of the beginning is so vicious and thick that It doesn't go away until the last breath. You must have been bitten by something vicious."

Cesare's golden eyes flashed. Then he bent his knees, made eye contact, and asked.

"Do you know a way to remove this curse?"



Previous                Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments