TCIWTFY - Chapter 31



"So, no matter who takes the position of royal maid, this will happen again. But if it were you, everyone would give up if they knew I was behind it. At the same time, you wouldn't dare think of doing something foolish."

There is no way that Madame Pinatelli, the Queen Mother's eyes, would not be nervous as she travels everywhere.

"You are the only one who can fix this mess. That way I can feel safe."

Is it possible to receive this deep trust from one person?

Madam Pinatelli was deeply grateful that the subject was even the Queen Mother.

'Removing the corrupt and correcting the royal family is something I have wanted the most for a long time.'

At the same time, Madame Pinatelli felt some remorse because she could not tell the Queen Mother the truth.

She bowed down.

"I will do my best not to disappoint your expectations. I will give my best effort with all my life."

"...Okay, I'll just trust you."

A wrinkled hand slowly tapped her shoulder.

***

"Did you hear? A new royal maid has arrived?"

"Marchioness Pinatelli? She was Her Majesty the Queen's close maid, right?"

The newly appointed royal maid was a person as gentle as water but firm.

She no longer watched the sloth and injustice rampant in the royal palace.

The places that the former head maid Cuisine had touched were cut out, and there was a major change among the palace staff.

Madam Pinatelli knew the actual conditions of the palace well as she had lived in the palace for a long time.

In particular, she was very passionate about hunting down the swindlers that the Regent had planted in various places.

With the Queen's mother firmly behind her, no one could stop the new maid's unstoppable moves.

"The former head maid was guilty of embezzlement, but what was even more shocking was that she was kicked out for trying to plot against Her Highness!"

In addition, a story spread that the palace doctor, who had been lazy about the Princess who had recently collapsed, was severely beaten and kicked out of the palace.

"The Queen Mother still cares about her granddaughter!"

The invisible hierarchy of the palace was being established little by little.

***

The Princess's palace.

A new chief maid renovated the palace, and changes occurred in the Princess's palace.

"Make the layout similar to the Queen Mother's Palace." 

"Hang that badge here."

The new head maid personally came to the Princess's palace and selected the locations of the items. There wasn't a single object or piece of furniture that wasn't antique.

After taking shape one by one, it now looks like a royal residence.

"Meet Your Highness the Princess."

Madam Pinatelli, who discovered Medea, bowed deeply.

There was nothing lacking in the etiquette given to royalty.

The head maid, the head of the court ladies, showed such sincere courtesy to the Princess that the others also straightened their backs.

'Madame Pinatelli is the Queen Mother's. So, if Madam treats the Princess like that. It means that the Queen Mother values the Princess.'

They could no longer ignore or disparage the Princess.

This is because the message was clear that no matter how much the Queen Mother hated her granddaughter, she would never sit idly by and let evil people mess with her.

“Madame Pinatelli.”

"This place is so dusty that it is not a good place for you to stay."

"The head maid must have been tired from looking after work all the time, so would you like to get some fresh air with me? My garden is small but quite cozy."

Madame Pinatelli did not refuse the Princess's invitation.

"I can only appreciate your consideration."

Two people sat in a quiet place near the entrance. A bright ray of sunlight illuminated them. A pale shadow fell over Medea's head. Madame Pinatelli smiled.

"It's just amazing. The situation turned out just as Your Highness expected..."

"..."

"Thank you. It is all thanks to Your Highness that God can be here."

Instead of answering, Medea raised her teacup.

The early morning conversation between the two was submerged beneath the shaking tea.

Mada. Pinatelli also understood the meaning and smiled silently.

"The royal palace is standing upright again. Madam's contribution is great. The seal I took finally did its job."

"What are you saying? I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do. It will take a long time because the Cuisine guy has left so much dirt in so many places."

"I believe you will do well, Madame."

Medea consoled Madam Pinatelli. And she said her words in a strange way.

"However, I learned something while tracking down the whereabouts of my former maids, and I don't know if I can tell you about it."

"Please tell me. If it's about correcting the royal family's ways, what would I be reluctant to do?"

Medea pursed her lips for a moment and then spoke.

"Madam Cuisine. There is a story that she stole children from the royal palace and sold them."

Stealing them? Madame Pinatelli narrowed her brows.

"Are you saying that Cuisine may have been involved in human trafficking?"

"I don't know the details either. When I tried to find her maid who left clues, the maid also disappeared..."

Medea lowered her eyelashes. There was concern in her noble expression.

"No matter what your status is, since you entered the palace, you are a member of the royal family and a citizen of Valdina. But if it is true that they were forcibly sold out of this palace..."

Madame Pinatelli first reassured the Princess.

"I understand Your Highness's concerns. God will find out, don't worry too much."

"I was worried about whether I would have to say such a burdensome thing not long after you took office, but since you said so, I will ease my worries."

Even after an extensive investigation into Cuisine, not a single trace of the dirty gift she sent to the minister was revealed.

This meant that Etienne was keeping his hobby secret.

"The palace's internal affairs were overseen by the former head maid and the minister of palace affairs, so why not discuss it with the minister? He might know something." 

Medea added.

"I'm a bit cautious because the minister also happened to get caught up in the maid's plot."

"I completely understand."

Madame Pinatelli nodded.

***

Office of the Minister of the Palace of Internal Affairs. The minister threw away the newspaper.

It was a follow-up article about the former head maid's cuisine.

"It failed very miserably. That's stupid."

He clicked his tongue and scratched his protruding belly.

When Cuisine entered prison, he immediately confiscated his life and began to seek his own livelihood.

"How do I know that she did what she wanted?"

"Not long ago, she came to me and said she would send me more of those 'toys. Her intention was probably to steal my things that day, connect me to the Princess, and then manipulate me. She are exploiting my weakness."

The Duke of Regent, who came to visit after hearing about the situation of the day, was successfully persuaded to send him back.

There was no evidence of his collusion anyway.

The Prince Regent returned with an uneasy look on his face.

He is a patient with a suspected illness, so even if he doesn't believe him, he won't think of letting go of him at all.

In any case, the fall of Cuisine had a significant impact on the minister.

The bribes that the new head maid often filled her pockets with by spreading them around the palace were blocked, but what is more urgent than anything else.

With the death of Cuisine, the place where his pleasure could be provided has disappeared.

'Cuisine, that girl had good skills though. 'Her ability to choose things is amazing.'

It was a waste as if he had broken a useful tool that would never exist again.

As he was savoring his appetite alone, a servant announced the arrival of a guest.

The minister suddenly stood up.

“Welcome, Madam Pinatelli!”

***

"It was right to get rid of such a shameless person early on!"

The Minister slammed the table indignantly in a gruff voice.

In an attempt to gain Madam Pinatelli's favor, he was constantly swearing at the former headmaid, Cuisine.

"To satisfy her greed, she ended up not even trying to harm Her Highness. Your Majesty the Queen is truly wise to immediately punish such a person."

The belly fat was shaking along with the chin fat as he burst out laughing.

But Madam Pinatelli stared at him expressionlessly. The embarrassed minister erased his smile.

"Hmm!"

"Then I guess I'll just have to go. I hope you will look into the matter I mentioned one more time."

"Sure. Speaking of human trafficking, even the devil would tremble at the viciousness of Cuisine. I will definitely find out the details."

After hearing the answer she wanted, Madam Pinatelli stood up.

The minister asked gently, rubbing his greasy hands.

"But now that we have become connected like this, I would like to greet the Queen Mother together sometime. When would be a good time?"

"I think the Queen Mother will be happier if we focus on the issues at hand rather than promoting friendship."

Madam  Pinatelli's answer was cold.

"Then there was a lot of rudeness."

"...Is it so. Please take a look."

As Madam disappeared with a flawless greeting, Count Etienne pursed his lips.

"You're like a picky piece of wood. Tsk!"

He spat out all the tea he had drank.

The water gushing out with a sigh soaked the table in a dirty way. A servant with a fox badge approached and took out a handkerchief.

"It's getting annoying. I hid it so well, how on earth could she smell it?"

Since my eyes were glued, it seemed like I would have to keep myself quiet for the time being, like a toy or something.

"Damn, how unlucky! You're still bothering me even when you're dead."

Nothing goes his way. He kicked the table in frustration.

***

Madame Pinatelli sent word that she had met with the Minister.

'He's more cautious than I thought."

This was evident from the fact that many political opponents have yet to discover the minister's fatal secret.

'No, the minister hid it well.'

Either way, the secret he has been hiding for so long will soon be revealed.

Medea turned around.

"Neril, you said your friend Tom was from the streets, right?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"I'd like to ask him to run some errands for me."

Neril was handed a piece of parchment with glue and various ingredients written on it.

Now that the Prince Regent's left arm has been cut off, the next step is his right arm.

'Minister Etienne. Next is you.'

After finishing the one remaining thing.



Previous            Next




        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments