IELNDMH - Chapter 149 < The Pope Ask For Meeting >



One day, in the early afternoon, we were enjoying a quick picnic at the Twins family's Orangery.

“You handed over the position of general manager of the investment agency to Anton Baker, right?”

Cedric asked, pushing my hair back.

Bianca was running around the Orangery energetically, trying to catch butterflies, while Cedric and I were spending time lying on the picnic cloth with Lucas.

"Yes. For now, I want to do my best for Lucas. However....”

I frowned slightly and opened my mouth again.

“How did you find out about that? I never said anything.”

Then Cedric slowly rolled his eyes as if embarrassed, but then smiled.

“There’s no way I don’t know about you.”

I pursed my lips.

“You still don’t believe me because you’re afraid I might run away?”

“...So, who told you to run away?”

He was muttering lowly, but soon a smile escaped his lips.

“It’s not just that, Rebecca. Just curious. What do you do when I'm away, how are you...”

“...”

“I’m still curious and want to know everything about you.”

We were lying next to each other facing each other for a moment before Cedric slightly raised his body and leaned towards me.

It was that time when our lips slowly touched each other.

“Your Highness, I have urgent news...! Wow!”

The aide who was running into the Orangery suddenly stopped and hurriedly turned back.

Looking embarrassed, I lightly slapped Cedric's arm and sat up, and Cedric rolled his eyes as if he was annoyed that his time with me was interrupted.

"What? I must have told you over and over again not to disturb Rebecca when she was visiting.”

Hearing Cedric's cold voice, the aide glanced behind his shoulder and then turned to face us.

“Well, that is...”

After a moment of hesitation, the aide held out a letter and cleared his throat again.

“The Vatican has sent an official letter to our Grand Duchy of Twins.”

“What happened there?”

“The Pope requests a meeting with His Royal Highness the Grand Duke, and..."

“...”

“And with Rebecca.”

The aide's complexion gradually darkened as he paused for a moment.

“I guess the Pope... It seems he has become aware of Master Lucas’s existence.”

The friendly atmosphere suddenly sank to a low point.

“The only person who would do such a petty thing is High Priest Diat.”

The aide gritted his teeth and said.

It wasn't all that surprising.

I just feel like what is coming has come.

Cedric, who had been silent for a while, nodded his head slowly as if he had already expected it.

Then he raised his head again toward his aide.

“How is it going with what I told you to do to save a castle in the Demon World’s Ceroid region?”

The aide answered Cedric's question by slightly lowering his head with a bitter look on his face.

"It is in progress. The Imperial Family of the Demon World has also conveyed its intention to welcome His Highness the Grand Duke of Twins whenever he returns. As long as the relationship with the empire is sorted out, I don’t think there will be any major problems in returning.”

“I finished my life in the empire and went to the demon world..."

"You want to go back?”

Although they are said to be mixed-blood demons, they are a twin family that has lived in the human world for several generations since ancient times.

But in Cedric's time, now that the demon world and the human world have finally begun to interact, I can't believe he's returning to the demon world like this.

I felt uneasy because it felt like everything was my fault.

“Don’t worry, Rebecca. It's the last alternative. Before that, I’m going to try everything I can.”

"But...”

Cedric gently kissed my cheek as if to reassure me and continued.

"I'll promise. There is no need for our family to be separated in the future.”

***

A few days later, it was early in the morning on the day the former Twin Grand Duke and his wife were scheduled to visit the Holy See.

High Priest Diat gritted his teeth lowly, suppressing his boiling insides.

Then he soon snorted.

'Ha, you pretended not to be like that in front of me and ended up giving birth to a child?'

High Priest Diat, who had been waiting for this day all along, hastened his steps toward the Pope's exhibition.

It had been a few weeks ago when he first found out that Cedric and Rebecca were having a baby.

A sudden message was received from the High Priest of the North.

'The former Grand Duchess is refraining from going outside and all the mixed-race demons nearby are keeping quiet, but this is not unusual. Sometimes you can even hear a baby crying outside the mansion.'

At that time, High Priest Diat tried to deny the message because he had personally seen and heard it.

No, he denied it because he wanted to deny it.

If that's true, he doesn't know what kind of disapproving order might come from the Pope.

'So I really hoped not.'

But the longer he looked, the clearer the existence of new life became.

Now that the situation was like this, he had to find his own way to survive.

High Priest Diat relayed the fact straight to the Pope.

When the Pope first heard the news, he seemed surprised.

But he soon gave an order in a solemn voice.

Something like that happened between the former Grand Duke and his wife..  I guess I'll have to meet him in person. Tell those two people to go to the Vatican immediately.'

So, just today, the former Twins Grand Duke and his wife came to visit here.

High Priest Diat had prepared his mind from early in the morning.

He also had to add that the last trip to the north was actually to monitor their romantic relationship.

Only then could he be relieved of some responsibility in this incident.

'Then the Pope will know that I did my best to keep them apart.'

The more he thought about it, the more shameful he felt about the two people developing an uneasy love while calmly deceiving themselves, the watchers.

Not for a day or two, but for a whole month.

He felt even more resentful.

If the Pope acts on a whim and tries to allow those two, he will do whatever it takes to get in the way.

It was a time when High Priest Diat was gritting his teeth while thinking of the former Grand Duke and his wife.

A notification was heard outside the door of the minister's office that a guest had arrived.

‘Are you a guest? I remember that today was an important day, so I didn't make any plans...'

He tilted his head and softly let out words of permission.

Soon after, the door opened and a familiar figure walked into the high priest's office.

At the same time, High Priest Diat's eyes gradually widened.

"Grand Duke...?"

Despite that awkward question, Cedric had a calm face.

“It’s been a while, High Priest Diat.”

He didn't look nervous at all and even raised the corner of his mouth leisurely.

Cedric walked to the center of the High Priest's office and pointed to the sofa.

“Sit down. I came here because I have something to tell you.”

He had an unhesitating attitude as if he were the owner of this place.

It was High Priest Diat who would normally have been dissatisfied with Cedric's attitude.

But for now, he just obediently followed his instructions.

It was because he was overwhelmed by the inexplicable intimidation he felt from Cedric.

“I wonder what brought you here...?”

High Priest Diat followed Cedric, who was sitting on the sofa, and sat across from him and asked carefully.

“What is the reason? You know better than anyone why I have to come to the Holy See today.”

There was a thorn in Cedric's words.

High Priest Diat passed the dry needle without realizing it.

However, he later realized that he should not be pressured by the momentum, and he tried to put on a blunt expression.

“I know that you have a meeting with the Pope in the afternoon due to an unpleasant incident with divorced Rebecca. That's not what I asked...”

“...”

“The question is, why did you come to the High Priest’s office so early in the morning?”

When he asked that, the corners of Cedric's lips curved up leisurely.

“Didn’t I tell you? I came here because I have something to tell you.”

“Do you have something to tell me...”

It was a time when High Priest Diat frowned, feeling a subtle sense of anxiety.

“High Priest Diat. Do you know anything about the last war that took place between the ancient human world and the demon world?”

“...Yes, of course.”

An educated citizen of the empire could not have known about that war.

In ancient times, when the human world and the demon world interacted, large and small wars broke out between the two worlds.

The last war was the biggest of them all.

To the extent that it took dozens of years to restore each person's devastated world after the war ended.

After that, exchanges between the human world and the demon world were cut off forever.

Until Emperor Letitz and Cedric peacefully connected the two worlds again.

‘Why is that war story suddenly...'

At that time of confusion, he suddenly remembered the reason why that huge war started.

The war began due to the love that blossomed between Skan, the second demon King, and Geraldine, the human Princess.

Sadly, they were the ancestors of the Twins family and the lovers who first brought the mixed-race demons into this world.

When Princess Geraldine married Skan and left for the Demon World, Geraldine's fiancé, Duke Monk, declared war on the Demon World.

At first, the Demon King attempted to negotiate, but Princess Geraldine, who was running away from her fiancé, Duke Monk, died during childbirth.

After losing his beloved woman, Demon King Skan went berserk and from then on began indiscriminately invading the human world.

The largest and longest war in the history of the human world and the demon world has begun.

The demons' enormous affection for their lovers, and their runaway rage after losing the woman they loved.

The frown of High Priest Diat, lost in thought, gradually narrowed.

'No way...'

Then, an eerie thought occurred to him.

The moment he slowly raised his head and faced Cedric's face.

High Priest Diat realized how complacent his thoughts were.

“I have no desire to directly threaten the peace between the demon world and the human world that I painstakingly regained with my own hands.”

Cedric's eyes, who spoke quietly, turned cold.

“As long as the human world doesn’t try to separate me and Rebecca. But if anyone tries to separate us...”

The High Priest Diat, who met those fierce eyes, felt that his fur was instantly relieved.

“I’m not going to end this lightly by simply tearing that ‘someone’ to pieces. That's natural, I'm going back to the demon world with my family. And after that...”

“..."

“I will persuade the Demon King to declare war against the human world.”


Previous                Next

Comments