TPITT - Chapter 30






Eventually, the red lips touched the back of the white and beautiful hand.

It was as wonderful as a painting, but my gaze sank as I watched it.

This was because something like a sense of loss was felt from the empty fingertips.

“Greetings again to Your Majesty the 8th Princess.”

"Yes. Nice to meet you, Lord Agnito.”

Only after receiving a kiss on the back of her hand did Rosenit smile brightly and respond to the greeting.

Michael, who had sufficiently satisfied Rosenit, returned to my side.

It was when I looked at Michael with slightly gloomy eyes. An amazing scene was witnessed from my angle.

Michael pretended to adjust his lace eye patch and skillfully traced his hand over his lips.

'Did you wipe it?!'

I was surprised. Michael, who read my look of astonishment, whispered softly so that only I could hear.

“I feel uncomfortable if it is not My Princess.”

It was the first time I had seen a man wipe his mouth after having the honor of kissing the back of the hand of the White Rose of the Empire.

It was so disrespectful that if caught, a duel would break out. But to be honest, I felt so good that I smiled without even realizing it.

It was when I was about to finish the conversation with Rosenit.

A person appeared who brought tension to the birthday banquet, which was going smoothly without any major incidents.

“Your Majesty the Emperor is here!”

“Blessings and glory to the sun of Hadelamid!”

The formal greeting of the Emperor filled the Hyacinth Banquet Hall.

“Everyone, lift your head up.”

Desmond II straightened the nobles' backs and went to the center of the grand banquet hall.

Rosenit stood up and happily greeted Desmond II.

“Blessings and glory to the sun of Hadelamid! Father, you came!”

“Rosie, happy birthday. I came to check it out for a moment. I can't stay with you for a long time because of government affairs. I want you to understand it.”

“What are you saying, Father? My father threw a banquet for me like this. You even gave me an hour of precious time. I feel like I’m being showered with gifts and I can’t control my joy.”

"Hoho... This girl.."

The eighth daughter, who is so pretty even when she speaks softly, looks like an oriole.

Desmond II's face couldn't help but be filled with pride as he welcomed him with his voice.

I, who was next to her, also bowed.

“Meet Your Majesty the Emperor. Blessings and glory to the sun of Hadelamidd.”

“Hoo? Was Eve also present?”

“Yes, Father. I was just congratulating Rosie.”

“That’s great.”

Desmond II's face was full of satisfaction.

The troublesome child held a banquet in the form of a flawless Princess.

He was glad to attend the event.

Desmond II spoke with Rosenit again.

“Rosie, when the ball is over, follow the attendant to the east of the villa. I made a garden of white roses. It is a birthday present for this year when the luggage is unloaded.”

"Oh my God! I’m so thankful, Father!”

The Emperor created private spaces such as gardens and libraries within the imperial palace.

Giving something was a symbol of favor.

Rosenit was truly happy even though it was already her third garden.

The grand banquet hall was filled with the exclamations of nobles.

I was a little embarrassed.

'The timing is bad.'

After all, what does it mean that Desmond II will be standing next to Rosenit when he gives up his garden?

There was no choice but to compare.

Even if I wasn't like that, many nobles enjoyed pounding.

Even though I was rumored to have a talent for alchemy, I was not given a personal laboratory.

There was no Princess more perfect than me to contrast with the favored Rosenit.

It was clear that the socialites would exaggerate today's events.

'Then it would be better to act like an unfortunate Princess who was never loved at all.'

If you couldn't avoid gossip, you had to use it to your advantage as much as possible.

I lowered my eyes with a gloomy face to create the optimal display to receive sympathy.

Because of the intentional gaze treatment, I felt that Rosenit was looking at me.

I didn't see the triumphant look in her eyes as she glanced at me.

Instead, I clearly felt Michael holding my hand tightly.

'Huh? Michael?'

I, who was not one to behave in a manner that was against etiquette, immediately understood his actions.

'He lets me know that he is on my side even in such trivial matters.'

I forgot that I was supposed to have a gloomy expression on my face and secretly smiled.

It wasn't intentional, but I had a rather sad and heartbreaking beauty.

Several nobles in the grand banquet hall let out a sigh like a sigh.

It was then. Desmond II suddenly turned to me and said something unexpected.

"Eve."

“Yes, Father.”

“If there is anything you want, please tell me. I will present an award to you in recognition of your appointment as a direct knight.”

It was a situation I did not expect. I could not hide my surprise.

“Hohoho... What do you do when you make a face like that? I feel embarrassed because I feel like it reprimanding me for neglecting you.”

“Oh, no, Father. That's not what I meant. Since I received the gold coins you gave me, I hope you will show me even more grace. I couldn’t have imagined that.”

"My daughter was thrilled with just a gold statuette. No way. Anyway, if there is anything you want, please tell me. “If it’s sudden, I’ll give you time to think about it.”

I thought for a moment and shook my head.

"No. I just happened to need something.”

“Oh, yes. Would you like to tell me?”

“I would like to relocate, Father.”

I didn't ask for a lab.

It was a gift I would have wanted only in my past life as an alchemist in the corner of my room. It was different now that my future aspirations had changed.

"Hmm? Location? Are you unhappy with where you live now?”

“I am not offended, but it is small and a little uncomfortable. I hope there is a separate powder room where I can store my clothes and accessories, and there is a sunny balcony. I hope it will be a room where you can appreciate the beauty of the imperial palace.”

“Wait, what? So you’re saying there’s no powder room in your current residence?”

"That's right."

"Ha! Isn’t there a powder room in the Princess’s residence? What on earth are the imperial officials doing?”

Desmond II's fiery command rang out in the grand banquet hall.

The nobles trembled and bowed at the voice filled with wrath.

I didn't think he was completely unaware of my situation.

When it was revealed that he was neglectful of his children, he felt embarrassed and was probably scolding the officials for no reason.

Even though I clearly knew this, I comforted Desmond II.

“Please don’t criticize me too much, Father. I have two of our exclusive maids with me. There were no major problems while I was staying there, so the palace department also took care of my situation. You probably didn't know. The reason I decided to increase the size of my household by hiring a direct knight and increasing the number of employees."

“But still. How can the Princess’s living quarters be inferior to that of a noble daughter!”

“Father..."

I swallowed the words, “That’s enough.” and came up with an appropriate justification.

“Isn’t today Rosie’s birthday? It is a happy day, so I ask that you please refrain from being angry.”

“Hmm. Eve, you are right. It’s your sister's birthday, so I’ll have to endure it.”

Desmond II seemed to be in a good mood as if he had calmed down his anger as if he had been waiting.

Isn't the seventh daughter, who was famous for not being able to live in the imperial palace, treating him with the tact and speaking skills of a noblewoman with 10 years of social experience?

Desmond II summoned the head of the royal palace who happened to be attending the banquet and had a few words with him.

Then he announced in a solemn voice.

“I grant the ‘Verdant Room’ in the eastern villa to the 7th Princess, Evienrose Chloelle Hadelamid.”

The grand banquet hall was buzzing.

Desmond II's mood must have influenced the gift.

This is because the room with the name symbolized a love deeper than the garden and the library.

“I am grateful, Father.”

I held the hem of my dress and bowed deeply to express my gratitude.

In times like this, Desmond II liked how I didn't say anything and didn't refuse.

“I guess I’ll have to go take a look once you move.”

“It is a blissful joy. I will prepare a tea that you will like and wait for you. Please come.”

I warmly welcomed Desmond II's burdensome visit.

He was not a good father anyway, it was highly likely that saying he would stop by the room was just empty talk.

'Are you really going to come?'

With that in mind, I pretended to be happy with all my heart. Thanks to him, at first glance, we looked like a very harmonious father and daughter.

“Then I hope you enjoy the rest of your time.”

“Blessings and glory to the sun of Hadelamid!”

Desmond II left the banquet hall as if his work had been completed.

I also tried to leave.

So, the moment I turned my head towards Rosenit to say goodbye, I saw something unexpected.

Today's hero, who should be smiling like a flower, had a hardened expression.

Although it was only a moment, a light of resentment flashed through Rosie's pink ruby-like eyes.

'Ah.'

At that moment, I realized something important.

Today, Desmond II talked more with me than with Rosenit.


Previous            Next

Comments