TPITT - Chapter 16






Even after waiting for a long time, I did not feel a dull sensation anywhere in my body.

I carefully lifted my eyelids.

I met Michael's purple eyes from a short distance away.

Surprisingly, he was holding himself tightly with one arm.

The other hand was holding onto the iron bars to hold on inside the tilting prison cell.

'Uh? Hands?'

Michael's hands, which had been restrained by chain handcuffs just a moment ago, were free.

The handcuffs doubled as restraints for the mana circuit, but they seemed to have been broken due to the reaction of the imprinting ritual.

As a result, the blocked mana was allowed to flow, and Michael's hair quickly turned black.

Sigh.

The cage, which had been tilted to one side, began to move to the other side like a swing.

For my safety, Michael placed his back against the iron bars and hugged me as if protecting me.

Under the protection of Michael, who acts so naturally, as if it were natural.

I blushed slightly without realizing it.

'This is my first time doing something like this!'

Only after the notary prison had completely stopped in its original position again did Michael

He loosened his embrace around me.

I quickly got out of Michael's arms.

Michael actually seemed unimpressed.

Michael, whose hair had now completely turned black, opened his mouth calmly to the point of indifference.

“It seems like a success.”

"Really?"

The dizzying contact from just moments ago was completely blown out of my mind.

My eyes lit up at Michael, and Michael calmly hoped for success.

He explained the basis for his decision.

“I feel strange.”

“How is it strange?”

“The body moves on its own. If you recognize a situation where you are likely to get hurt, it seems like the body reacts first without the mind having time to judge.”

This was a typical reaction from a directly subordinate knight who had been engraved.

Michael's confession proved more clearly than anything else that the imprinting ritual was successful.

Michael seemed uncomfortable with duty taking precedence over his will.

He asked me with a confused look.

“I’m like this, but you don’t mind?”

"Yes. I don’t think I really have anything like that.”

I responded with a slightly sorry look.

The imprint has a significant effect only on the subject and has little effect on the imprinter.

There was an unusual characteristic.

Michael continued speaking in an indifferent tone as if he knew that would happen.

“As expected, is it only my side that is paying attention to you? Engraving is the most unfair contract. I need to cancel the reference to my direct reports as slaves. This is more than slavery, never less. I'm afraid the owner will get even a fingertip hurt."

“You have to be so worried.”

"Master? Are you talking about me?”

“Why are you asking the obvious?”

I looked at Michael for a moment with eyes filled with emotion.

'I really got Michaelis Agnito as my direct knight.'

Laid the foundation for a new life. This essentially prevented the possibility of rebellion.

‘Mom, I did it... !'

I achieved success with the talent and capital I inherited from my mother.

Of course, this joy had to go to my mother.

Not long after, I felt the tension dissipate and a sense of helplessness wash over me.

My original physical strength was poor, and to make the imprinting ritual successful, I had scraped all the way to the bottom, my legs had no strength.

I flopped down on the floor.

Michael was very embarrassed and approached me.

"What? Why do you do that?”

“It’s no big deal. I’m tired.”

“‘Tired? Did something happen that made you tired?”

“Performing a ritual takes more stamina than you think. This time, I even poured all my magical power into it.”

“Ah, come to think of it, I heard that humans are weaker than Homunculus."

"Please take note.”

Michael spoke without an ounce of malice and held out his hand toward me

The hand he stretched out first was conscious

It seemed like a response to the hand he had extended before the game.

I smiled and took his hand.

“Please take care of me, Lord Agnito.”

“Well, for now, me too.”

From a distance, a disk wing carrying Baron Erka and Cedella could be seen approaching.

It was time to show Michael the world.

As soon as I returned to the imperial palace, I was summoned by Desmond II.

Michael and Cedella were sent to their quarters first, and I went into the office alone.

"Yes. You succeeded?”

"Yes, Father.”

“Hmm.”

The groan that Desmond II made while touching the tip of his chin was meaningful.

I was very nervous.

What imprints Michael is the Emperor's authority.

There was room for it to be interpreted as a challenge.

Desmond II gave me permission to give it a try.

I did it, but when I actually succeeded in the imprinting ceremony, I came back.

He may have felt displeased when he saw me.

I was wondering if Desmond II was finding fault and planning to punish me.

It was a time when I was nervous.

Fortunately, Desmond II was not that petty.

Desmond II, who put away the papers and made eye contact with me, praised the achievement.

“Okay, you did it. After all, Eve is my daughter. That's amazing. With this, the imperial family’s shame was completely washed away. I'm very happy.”

“Now that you say that, I don’t know what to do.”

I was humbled and internally sighed with relief.

Then Desmond II asked.

“But where did the knight under your direct command go and why did you come alone? If he waiting outside, tell him to come in.”

“I’m sorry, Father. Because he was left in prison for a long time, his appearance was so bad that I could not bear to be brought into the palace. There wasn't it. If you give me one day, I will make him neatly decorated.”

“I always wanted to see it through my eyes. Anyway, it's good. I guess so.”

“Thank you for your permission. Until then, I will also make tea to help relieve headaches.”

Desmond II asked again, his eyes focused on the documents.

“Please come quickly. Isn’t Eve just imprinted on him now? That guy is a monster. A particularly dangerous homunculus, absolutely not for all members of the royal family, including me.
We must quickly hold a loyalty oath ceremony to prevent harm.”

It was an indifferent voice, but it was a powerful command.

In fact, the reason why I delayed showing Michael to Desmond II was because of the oath of loyalty ceremony.

Since I succeeded in the imprinting ritual and suppressed Michael's resistance, there will be no problem in holding a loyalty oath ceremony, which can be considered a ceremony.

However, Michael, who had a strong antipathy towards the imperial family, had an audience with the Emperor and I couldn't be sure if he would be obedient when he received the oath of loyalty ceremony.

Compared to Michael, who went through all the hardships in my past life and mastered emotional control, the current
Michael seems to have a rebellious side hidden inside his cool and rational shell.

It was a minimal safety measure that bought time for the audience.

I bowed my head politely.

“Yes, Father. I will prepare and accompany you as quickly as possible to ensure there are no disruptions in performing the ceremony.”

“You, Eve, have become truly Princess-turned-Duchess by following the procedures so well.”

“From now on, I will only show you a side that I am not ashamed of as Father's daughter.”

“Well, that’s it. I believe in you."

Desmond II smiled with satisfaction and touched the bell on his desk.

The bright ringing summoned the chamberlain who was waiting outside the office.

He brought a beautifully decorated box like a jewelry box and opened it in front of me.

What filled the inside was gold coins. It was an amount equivalent to the one-year budget of a decent adult Princess.

“This is an award given to commemorate the appointment of a direct knight.”

"Oh my God...Are you giving me all of this?”

"Of course. Should I give it to you in less amount? What do you think of the Wmperor’s distribution?”

"Wow."

For me, who had always lived on a base salary in my past life, the existence of performance bonuses was a new world.

I forgot that I was in front of the Emperor and ended up exclaiming in admiration.

Desmond II realized my rudeness and quickly covered his mouth with his hand.

On the contrary, he chuckled as if he liked that innocent look.

I couldn't take my eyes off the gold coin.

'How much is it all?'

Even though I was called the wise man, my money sense was not bad.

On the contrary, it would be nice to say that I was rather sensitive. This is because it costs a considerable amount of money to research alchemy.

The basic budget is still small. You don’t know how much of a headache it was to raise funds for research activities.

‘I need to make some money. Because you will need funds to engage in social activities.'

I added one more thing to do.

I was trying to figure out the right time to say that I would go back, but it seemed like Desmond II still had some business left to do.

“Now that I think about it, Eve, I heard you only have one maid in your residence. Is it true?”

"Yes. Cedella of the Count Arpel family has been taking care of my household for a long time.”

“Tsk tsk. The maid looks pretty, but how can one maid help the royal family? Well, I said it all when I see things that I can't see even now. I will tell the third Empress to send two maids and an attendant.”

Increasing the workforce was clearly necessary.

Moreover, the third Empress had no children, so she assumed a politically neutral position.

Her personality was trustworthy because he was stickler-like and had a fair personality.

“I am truly grateful for my Father's care.”

"Yes. You look tired, perhaps because you had a big ceremony. Hurry back and rest.”

“Then I will leave, Father.”


Previous            Next

Comments