IHMEB - Chapter 36 < The Joy That The Man Give Me >

IHMEB - Chapter 36 < The Joy That The Man Give Me >

Having An Enemy's Baby




“...Kaian.”

I was overcome with emotion as I spoke his name.

I knew that regardless of our status before marriage when we became a couple, we would call each other by name instead of title.

I had no idea that I would get permission to call the man by his first name, who had made a disgusted look upon seeing Vermont's red hair as he entered the room to spend the night.

Didn't he also know the name of the bride he married?

'Don't make me say it twice. I asked what your name was.'

‘Claudel Quinn... Vermont.'

'Whether you become Claudel Quinn Temnes depends on your efforts tonight. I hope you try.'

Since then, Kaian has never mentioned my name.

He mainly called me 'you' or called me 'the Duchess' when scolding, sarcastic, or insulting me 

What's wrong with liking the man who became my husband?

Still, it wasn't long ago that I told myself that there was no problem.

“Kaian.”

Even when I called him secretly, he didn't seem offended or angry.

As if the fact that I called my name was any indication, he sucked the thing in my mouth every time.

The first kiss was too sensual for me to handle.

I had never even held hands with a man other than Kaian, so all the understanding between a man and woman was as he had told me.

I touched my mouth, and something invisible heated up and kneaded the brain, heart, and organs in my stomach.

“Ah.”

As the pleasure explodes from all over my body, I keep twisting my body and making strange noises.

For me, it felt like I was trapped in the pleasure that man was giving me.

Holding hands is not called ‘holding hands’.

I knew why the act of touching lips was called 'kissing'.

Because it is special.

A small drop of moist water rushed out from the corner of my eye.

I could have thought it was just an illusion.

Still, it was nice to see him passionately as if he wanted me.

The only time I came back to my senses was when he pulled away and tried to take off my wet, sticky underpants.

“Kaian. To the last name... Let’s go to the bedroom.”

I haven't slept with him since my health improved.

The man who came to my bedroom every night at my request only slept.

I was suffering from crazy insomnia, so I was begging for relief, and he held a doll and hugged it as if it were sleeping, so I felt sad about him.

To be precise, he looked at me and felt upset.

I'm not that skinny to begin with.

I had a body that had everything I needed to look like a woman.

This is because he belatedly realized that I had not been able to eat properly for several months and suffered from illness, showing my unsightly and thin body to him.

Now, the lost weight was gradually gaining back and I was getting back to looking good like before.

He didn't seem interested in me.

He thought so, but it made my heart pound as I saw the determined look in Kaian's eyes that he was going to take me from the flower garden where I was now lying.

Because I felt like I was someone special and pretty to him.

“Except here, yes?"

It's okay as long as it's not here.

As I spoke as if to soothe him, Kaian opened his mouth.

“I can’t go to the castle.”

Why can't I go? The castle is just a stone's throw away!

“I can’t stand it.”

At the sound of his voice speaking as if he was chewing something, I lost my arms.

'I have a weakness for beauty.'

I wanted to listen to everything he had to say.

But it was impossible to not do it.

Kaian said that no one would come to sponsor us, but if that was really the case, why would there be rumors?

Stories like that about the Lord of a certain castle.

“Please. I don’t like doing this outside.”

Then Kaian held me and walked into the narrow forest path.

A small building was visible between the dense trees. It seemed large and properly built to be called a tree house, but too small to be called a house.

"Here is ...”

“This is the study I used before. Before I became the head of the family.”

I thought the small space, built with luxurious dark wood, was an outbuilding for the heir.

The built-in bookshelves, made in a similar tone to the space of the castle's head, were filled with books in each section, and several types of desks, chairs, and weapons such as swords were nicely decorated on the walls.

After passing through that space, there was a simple bedroom at the back.

The wet clothes came off in an instant.

“Claudel.”

The moment when Kaian called me in his passionate voice.

I thought I would never forget.

***

The royal castle of the Oberon Kingdom was located in a high place, so the scenery was excellent.

Valquiterre quite enjoyed the terrace, which seemed to overlook the entire capital city beneath his feet.

Sitting on the terrace drinking tea, he looked like a painting or sculpture straight out of myth or legend.

The most perfect king of the Oberon royal family ever.

The voices of concern about him having inherited the throne at such a young age have all but disappeared.

Now, the very existence of Valquiterre, who was young and had outstanding ruling power, was almost looked up to as an idol.

His lemon-colored blonde hair, vivid blue eyes, and white skin were exactly like those of the late Queen as if Queen Silvia had been turned into a man after she had died from sudden death.

The old nobles who belonged to the loyal King faction would have tears in their eyes when they saw him, saying, 'It seems like Her Majesty, the late Queen, has come back alive.'

However, the faithful King was very busy, so even when Valquiterre was enjoying his leisure time, he was always busy looking at the agenda that needed to be dealt with and the reports that were coming in one after another.

"Your Majesty."

“What’s going on?”

As he asked, without taking his eyes off the document he was reading, he placed the letter brought by Imperial Court Officer Makie on the table and took a step back.

“This is a report from Rowen. And this is a message from Valmonde.”

"Aha. It’s about time.”

Valquiterre smiled happily and finally put down what he was reading.

"Let’s see if there’s any interesting news.”

He opened the envelope, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

However, when he read what was inside, one of his eyes suddenly narrowed.

"What is this sound? I can’t believe the Duchess’ illness has improved.”

Herzol was not a disease that could be cured.

It was a disease she should not have had in the first place.

Since prevention was discovered 300 years ago, no one has contracted the disease, and now there is no medicine for it.

“That bastard!”

Valquirerre crumpled the letter in his grasp.

He didn't want to see that happen, so he purposely made Kaian marry Vermont.

On the one hand, Valquiterre had no choice but to admit it.

He said that he underestimated Kaian's stubbornness and venom.

“I didn’t know that this guy who couldn’t survive without knowledge would also try to save the crippled daughter of an enemy family with his wife.”

It was an unexpected variable. The letter ended with the news that the Duchess was recovering from her illness and that Princess Irena of Valmonde was planning to visit Rowen soon.

“Then that letter...”

It must not have been a coincidence that this report from Rowen and the letter sent by the Duke of Vermont from Valmonde arrived at the same time.

Valquiterre reached out and opened the letter from the Duke of Vermont.

“The condition of the daughter who was married off to Rowen has improved, so he has no reason to fight for territory with Temnes? Ha. Look at this. The old fox gets his head around.”

It was he who leaked information to the Duke of Vermont that Kaian was preparing for a territory war.

At those words, the Duke of Vermont seemed to have ignited the oil, and as expected, it burned brightly.

On the surface, the Duke of Vermont said he was trying to reconcile the two families by holding a marriage ceremony under the King's command, but he decided to attack Temnes with Valquitter on his back as soon as his sick daughter, who had been married to Rowen, expired.

However, in fact, Vermont did not have the strength to fight against Temnes by force due to the long drought.

The Duke of Vermont probably didn't know that, but his pride was so bad that he didn't want to admit it, and it was thought that he would do his best to crush Temnes, whether by mobilizing his mercenaries or borrowing soldiers from other countries through his connections.

And now he won't fight Temnes?

And why bother sending Princess Irena, who is rumored to be so pampered, from the northern tip to the southern tip of Rowen?

“It looks like he is planning to replace the Duchess of Temnes with his own daughter.”

After thinking about it carefully, the biggest variable was Kaian.

“He made such a fuss that he would not save even a single living, breathing red-headed Vermont on the ground. It’s unexpected.”

Even if it is the King's command, it is the same.

He didn't know that Kaian would be serious about this marriage.

“What do you think?”

The white-haired man standing silently next to him had a handsome appearance and a wealthy appearance, even though he was middle-aged. Courtier Makie, who served rhe Queen and naturally swore allegiance to the new King, was one of Valquiterre's most trusted people.

Makie answered the King’s question.

“Princess Irena is said to be dazzlingly beautiful for her outstanding virtuosity.”

"Yes? I seem to have heard something.”

“If you’re going to stay married, wouldn’t it be better to have a good-looking, outstanding woman rather than a crippled wife who got sick?”

"Yes."

That's probably what the Duke of Vermont was aiming for.

“I didn’t want to see that, so I married him to Vermont.”

By all accounts, Kaian is a wealthy and excellent husband.

He said that Valquiterre himself must find the best bride in the kingdom.

“Is Princess Irena that beautiful?”

“Other ladies once said that it was a shame to have a northern debutante. She said that if Princess Irena had come to the capital's debutante, she would not have been able to marry into our family.”

“That much?”

“Women have such great pride that they don’t often compliment other women like that. It means that it is acceptable to anyone.”

“Hmm.”

Is such a wealthy woman going to seduce her younger sister's husband due to her father's dark intentions?

Valquiterre's interest was piqued.

“Prepare to go to Rowen. I guess I should write a letter to Kaian.”

It was so easy that what was once boring became a little more fun.

Valquiterre was planning to go and see for himself the board spinning because of the dice he threw.

***

Kaian was excited.

This is because the necklace set he had previously specially ordered from a jeweler has arrived.

The items he received in his office were made with great elegance and satisfied his heart.

“Do you think she’ll like this?”

Claudel seemed a bit strange, so he was worried.

When he took her to a jewelry store, she half-heartedly said that everything was pretty, but then he saw her reading the cafe menu for an hour without skipping a single word.

He even thought that rather than buying such jewelry, it might be better to open a private garden cafe on the lakeside of the castle's back garden.

There is as much text on the menu as possible.

Knock, knock 

Kaian cleared his throat as he knocked on the door.

'I'm crazy.'

In the past, he would open the door and enter Claudel's room right away.

However, the reason why he developed this habit of knocking on doors is none other than...

“Kaian.”

When he knocked and showed up, Claudel opened the door herself, and he liked the feeling of welcoming him.

“Sit here.”

As he dragged her in front of her dressing table with a mirror, a woman wearing a light purple dress, like a freshly picked acacia flower, followed lightly.

"What's this?"

Claudel looked at his face and then at the jewelry box on the dressing table, opened the box, and opened it, widening her eyes.

“Wow, pretty."

Although he couldn't even see the necklace because he was looking at the woman's admiring face, Kaian agreed.

“It’s a gift.”

“Suddenly?”

“You have to try it.”

Claudel carefully lifted the necklace and placed it under her neck, then looked up at him.

"Please."

"Yes."

Claudel, who had been letting her hair down, quickly straightened it up.

Looking at her white and thin neckline, Kaian picked up the necklace and put it on her.

"How is it?"

“It’s nice to see.”

Not the necklace, but you.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments