IHMEB - Chapter 33 < Something He Would Be Happy About >

IHMEB - Chapter 33 < Something He Would Be Happy About >

Having An Enemy's Baby





"Hey, Do you know what? The Madam.”

“Ma’am why?”

“Does Madam smell really good? It’s like the scent of a woman.”

The servant who said 'Scent of a Woman' even had a faint look in his eyes.

"Right. I know. I think you can smell a scent when she passes by.”

“It smells like flowers. It smells like fruit. But it’s not a smell I’ve ever smelled before.”

“Does she smell Valmonde?”

“Hehe. Northern women seem to be a bit different. White and thin. She has a very small waist.”

Kaian clenched his fists without realizing it as he heard the servants making noise.

The person in Rowen Castle who knew best that Claudel smelled good was Kaian.

But he never thought the other boys in the castle would be talking about it.

Kaian didn't realize it was withdrawal, but he was fighting a difficult battle with himself every night.

He comes every night and whenever he wants.

When he went to her bedroom at night, Claudel snuggled into his arms as if waiting for him.

That was it.

'Insomnia?'

Incredibly, the woman fell asleep quickly.

Usually, if a couple sleeps together, they have to talk about something or have something good to do.

However, even though he visited her every night for several days, Claudel just slept, and as soon as her head touched any part of his body, without even having time to talk to him, she yawned once and immediately fell asleep as if fainting.

'Isn't this woman intentionally doing this to make fun of me?'

As she pretends to sleep, perhaps she is secretly hoping for his touch.

Normally, he thought to himself, 'Isn't I just the kind of pathetic bastard who is obsessed with women?', and thought to himself that he would kill Claudel gently, but she was fast asleep and motionless.

He felt spiteful, so he once deliberately pretended that he was busy with work and did not go to Claudel's bedroom at night.

Because Kaian was busy with many things, he took time to have a meal with Claudel, so he sometimes came out of the office late, but on those days, due to her insomnia, she stayed awake until he came.

It was true that he was very busy, and in the meantime, he was making an effort to have a meal with Claudel, so he felt no remorse even if he lied.

However, the next day, when he stopped by the lunch and looked for her, he saw that the woman with thin shadows under her eyes sighed briefly and was tired from not eating properly, and he felt like he had made a big mistake.

Little lies, big guilt.

In the end, as he went to Claudel's bedroom every day except for that one day, he felt more and more regretful, and he caressed her forearm, which had gradually grown softer, and last night, for the first time, he secretly placed his lips on her forehead.

The woman frowned and flinched because his breath on her cheek tickled, and when she sighed and opened her mouth, the wind carrying the scent of Claudel's body and body temperature was blowing under his chin. It was so hot all night that Kaian couldn't sleep properly.

'But what? A woman's scent?'

Kaian was furious.

What kind of bastards are making a fuss about the scent of flowers that even he can't smell properly?

'Does he not realize that she is my wife?'

When he thought about it, he thought it might be possible.

Claudel was injured while hunting the crocodile, and since she suffered from Herzol afterward and is still recuperating, he thought that the people in Rowen Castle thought that he had made a woman who had just arrived at the castle walk in in the rain and shamed her in front of everyone for stealing a button decoration.

'The butler was right.'

He hated hearing it when Claudel, who was not served by her subordinates, was nagging about how she would raise a successor.

Even after just a little time like this, the elder's insight was correct in every detail.

Those who could risk their lives at a single word from Kaian, those who uphold his words as if they were an oracle from God or a law from heaven.

How dare they talk about the Lord's wife, saying she smells nice or something like that about a northern woman.

This happened because he was blinded by his resentment toward Vermont, so he couldn't blame anyone.

However, there was no reason for him to sit idly by and watch people talk about 'your wife smells good', as if to tell him to smell it if he didn't know about it.

“Are you saying that about my wife?”

As he shouted coldly, the servants opened their eyes wide and jumped up as if they had been struck by lightning.

“Yes, my Lord.”

“Well, we just...”

Kaian gave off a scary aura as if he could catch someone with just his eyes.

“I must have misheard. I wonder if you’ll ever look at your Lord’s wife with different eyes one more time. If I hear a suspicious sound, I’m not sure if you'll neck will stay in place.”

“Hi...”

The servants hurriedly disappeared, pushing each other without hesitation.

“Whoa.”

Heat rose on his forehead.

“Duke.”

As he entered the room, Claudel stood up, bent her knees, and greeted him.

However, when Kaian's expression did not look good, she stopped and looked at him.

“What’s wrong?”

It wasn't her fault at all. He didn't blame her.

Seeing a woman whose mood changed easily from bright to dark with just one look on his face, he thought it was his fault for not being able to manage his facial expressions.

"No. It wasn’t a big deal.”

"Really?"

“Sit down.”

Kaian sat down and tried to focus on the meal in front of him.

"Hey, Duke.”

Claudel's question was sudden.

“Why do you always look angry, Duke?”

"I?"

When she asked, Kaian widened his eyes as if he didn't know.

“Don’t you know? You’re always frowning.”

"Well."

Kaian was taken aback by Claudel’s words.

“Would you like to look in the mirror?”

Claudel didn't even have time to say, 'Let's see it'. Claudel got up and, taking small steps, went to one side of the room and brought out a small round mirror.

“Let’s see...”

...She was about to tell him to look, but Claudel gently placed her hand on his shoulder while holding the mirror in front of him, causing Kaian to stiffen her body.

That's because the scent that the servants had just been talking about irritated his nose through the red hair that almost reached his cheek.

And the curves of the woman lowering her body gently touched his back.

Without realizing it, Kaian sat up straight and calmly looked into the mirror.

“...”

But when he suddenly looked in the mirror, he was speechless.

'Are you saying I'm usually like this?'

Even when he looked in the mirror to check his clothes, he had a stern, hard, manly face.

At this age, will he ever smile and look in the mirror?

He was the head of Temnes.

However, he had not expected him to raise his eyebrows and make a cool expression like this, so it was an unexpected discovery for him.

“Didn’t you know? The corners of your eyes are raised and your eyebrows are furrowed, like someone who always gets angry like this.”

"That...”

He wondered when he had been like this, going back and wondering if it had been since his parents passed away.

A fledgling young bastard became the head of a traditional ducal family and the Lord of a vast and vast estate.

So that no one would look down on him.

As soon as he became the head of the family, Kaian left for the battlefield without naming a successor.

It has been five years since the young man, who had not fully matured into a man and seemed like a half-baked blade, returned and transformed into a hard sword with a bright blue edge.

“I’ve never seen the Duke smile.”

No one dared say such a thing to Kaian, so he was not conscious of it until now.

“At first, I thought you were upset because of me. I know it’s not right now.”

Kaian was disappointed that he only showed this face the whole time.

However, when he tried to force a smile, his facial muscles seemed to have frozen and did not move in that direction. He felt extremely awkward just trying to laugh.

"Hmm. The work of a Lord is busy and tiring.”

Kaian looked around roughly. Fortunately, Claudel seemed to think so.

“Let’s just eat now. Are you busy in the afternoon too?”

"Yes."

The conversation ended coldly.

But Claudel’s words lingered in Kaian’s mind.

***

A nice day with sunlight falling through the shade of the trees.

I sat down at the back of the castle and was busy preparing for my long-awaited picnic.

Rowen has no cold winters, so the weather is mild, almost like summer, all year round.

Still, perhaps there was a subtle difference in the season, on the day I collapsed, colorful begonia flowers appeared in the place where the margaritas had once been in full bloom.

"Lady. I picked flowers.”

"Huh. Give it to me.”

I sat under the shade of a tree and was busy weaving a wreath.

“Shall I pick some more flowers?”

"No. It's okay. You can go now.”

When I motioned for her to go, Hannah hesitated.

“Still, if you need anything, I can wait and run an errand for you.”

“I brought everything, so what do I need?”

Actually, there were three large wooden baskets filled with food.

“Then I’ll go, Lady. I'm going. I’m really going!”

As Hannah walked away, she seemed unable to let go of her regrets and continued to raise her voice and call out to her over and over again.

“...You went, right?”

Claudel looked in the direction Hannah had gone and quickly picked more of her flowers to make another wreath for her.

I couldn't make Kaian's part because Hannah was watching earlier.

“You must hate me because I’m childish.”

Not long ago, I showed Kaian in the mirror, saying he always looks angry.

But I was embarrassed because he didn't seem to know that he usually made that kind of expression.

'That handsome face always looks like that.'

My words were truly selfless and light.

I want to make Kaian happy and do things that will make him smile and be happy.

In fact, there wasn't much I could do as I couldn't even properly act as a Duchess yet.

Still, since a man who was so busy was taking time out of his day to have lunch with me, I racked my brain to think of a quick picnic.

Eating outside would be different from eating in my room, so I thought it would be a change of pace.

“I hope you like it.”

I don't know why, but he wasn't angry, but I was worried because Kaian kept glaring at me often these days.

It wasn't like he was angry or pointing out that I had done something wrong, but I couldn't figure out why he was doing that.

“They said we should eat lunch outside.”

“Duke!”

I looked up and saw a man leaning against his tree with his arms.

‘Wow. Awesome.'

It was said that there was training with the knights in the morning, and the sight of Kaian wearing a training shirt and light pauldrons was very cool. It feels like I've been to a man's world a little more than usual.

"Please sit here."

“It’s hot.”

When I handed my handkerchief to Kaian, who was sitting next to me, he frowned slightly.

“It’s too dirty to clean with something like this.”

"It's okay. You can use it.”

"No. It would be better to take a shower.”

Washing? Here?

It was time for me to question.

Kaian unarmed himself took off his shirt, and jumped into the lake.

"Ah!"

It was an instant with no time to stop it.

The sound of water splashing was heard, and immediately the well-muscled arms, head, and shoulders of a man appeared one after another on the messed up surface of the water.

Kaian swept his wet hair to one side as if it were cool.

“I guess I’ll finally live.”


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments