TVTLQ - Chapter 141

TVTLQ - Chapter 141

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



If this festival had gone according to my plan, the ranking of merchants in the Empire would have changed significantly.

However, the plan went awry when Alter Company acted like a robber and stole the person I had signed a contract with first.

That's how much Pierre and Alter were maintaining an equal relationship.

A huge blow was needed to completely reverse and solidify this ranking.

'To catch a tiger, you have to enter the tiger's den.'

Of course, I had no intention of going into that cave myself until now.

Because it's too dangerous.

But an unexpected opportunity arose, and after much thought, I decided not to miss the opportunity.

Perhaps he sensed that now was the moment to take risks and make a bet.

So it was an offer I accepted...

“Ha.”

It's not very pleasant either.

I started the day very unmotivated.

First, I had to move my body. Because there was something I had to take care of before Calix arrived.

"President, we are here."

By the time we finished breakfast, Annie and William, whom I had called in advance yesterday, arrived.

From today, I become Calix's lover.

However, Calix has always been the target of overthrow by me and Pierre. Employees will definitely not accept this sudden change.

Especially since I cannot reveal the secrets of the contract to them.

So I needed collaborators who could properly control the chaos that would come at the top.

"I have something to tell you two in secret. It's about the results of my visit to Alter Company yesterday."

I told Annie and William everything about the contract I signed with Calix.

As my words continued, surprise, astonishment, and confusion appeared on their faces.

When my story was finally over, Annie exclaimed indignantly.

"Why does the President have to make a sacrifice? I hate the thought of you having to act like a lover with Duke Altemirl"

"I don't like it either."

"But it is true that it is an opportunity."

William said seriously.

"The Erendis Hotel. Alter Company put out a big bait. Perhaps we can use the hotel chain network to lay the foundation for Pierre's brand to spread across the country."

"I think so too."

"I, William, was truly impressed by the spirit of the President."

William's eyes sparkled with respect.

I'm happy that my partner respects me, but I don't know why I have mixed feelings.

"Don't worry about the top. I will keep a close eye on my employees to prevent them from making unnecessary moves."

"Is the deadline one month?"

"First. Until we hear His Majesty's intention to completely give up. If His Majesty's call was delayed, he would be paid more. After that, we decided to give an appropriate reason and keep our distance and then naturally break up."

"But when I heard it, it was a little strange. If that's the case, all he has to do is find the woman he wants to marry from the beginning and hold a ceremony. Why did he ask the president for this?"

I too had the same question.

Why, to me?

And Calix answered my question as follows:

'I want to get married to someone I love. And until then, I want to keep my surroundings tidy. But what would happen if she entrusted the role of fake lover to a random woman just for the sole reason of avoiding engagement with the imperial family, and that person ended up harboring her feelings in vain?'

I guess you're sure I won't do that.

"Yes. There is no one as bright and rational in calculation as Miss Rosenia. And it's also justifiable. I thought you would just focus on getting what you want. Isn't it?"

Calix looked at me clearly.

Because I will never covet the seat next to him.

It occurred to me that perhaps ever since I had been secretly avoiding Calix, he may have had the intention of using me for his own plans.

After all, is the possessed person doomed to attract aggro in some way?

I sighed and answered Annie's question.

"I guess there's no girl he wants to marry yet.'

"I'm a little curious about who he will marry in the future."

"Anyway, that's how it happened. I have one more thing to order from you two."

I took out a thick stack of documents from the drawer and brought it with me.

"I'm transcribing the Erendis Hotel business report that the Duke showed me yesterday. My handwriting may be a mess because I wrote it quickly before I forgot, but take that into account. Verify that everything written here is true and report it to me.

"You memorized all of this, wrote it down, and transferred it? Oh my God."

"The Duke may have given me a falsified report from the beginning, so we should investigate."

"We will post the results quickly." 

"I won't be able to go to the top for a while. Some of the items originally intended to be delivered to Morris are distributed to other contract holders, and the remainder is used for export. Take a good look at the atmosphere inside. I think this is the time to keep an eye on your brother or father so that no one wants to reinstate them."

"There may be some confusion, but in the end, everyone will follow you. As always, I think it will have a deep meaning.

William comforted me and I responded to their faith with laughter.

As I gave a few more instructions and discussed the future, it was already afternoon.

Calix will come to get me soon... 

"Whoa."

After sending Annie and William away, I paced around the room feeling anxious.

The highlight of this act is the last day of the festival.

That day, I decided to attend the Imperial banquet with Calix. We will officially reveal that we are lovers in a gathering of all the royal family and nobles.

Of course, even before that, you have to stick around and spread the word.

'Can I do well?'

At that time, when my worries continued endlessly, the maid came into the room looking for me.

"Miss, there is a guest outside. This is Duke Altemir."

Yes. If it's something I've already decided on anyway.

I will use this time as effectively as possible to take away everything from Alter Company.

"Let's go."

I took heavy steps, like a knight going into a great battle.

***

Calix, who was guided to the living room of Pierre Mansion, let out a nervous breath.

It was the first time, he came into the Pierre Mansion.

When Marquis Pierre was in power, he had no interest in Pierre. And after he became attracted to Rosenia, he couldn't even dare to visit this place due to her strict vigilance.

'I feel like I've overcome an iron wall.'

He was so impressed with himself.

Calix deliberately suggested the Erendis Hotel to Rosenia.

He don't think she would even be interested if it wasn't that big of a bait.

He had to become Rosenia's lover. Because if it was a lover, it wouldn't be strange if he was with her all day.

That way, he could stay by her side and directly protect the opponents until those who threatened Rosenia were caught.

If the hotel business rights are transferred to Rosenia, he will incur a large loss.

He provoked Rosenia by saying that he could get it back soon, but Calix honestly judged that it would not be easy.

Rosenia was a woman who never let go of something once she got it.

He knew that well, having worked with her for over half a year.

Even if he could get it back by any means possible, the damage incurred in the process would also be enormous.

So in the first place, this transaction itself was an act that only caused him financial loss.

A deal he would never choose under normal circumstances.

But Calix did not regret his decision.

'Thanks to that, I was able to stay by Miss Rosenia's side.'

Even though it was false and temporary, he was able to act as a lover with her.

And that too in the form of Calix, not Dominic.

He was so overwhelmed and happy about that fact.

Calix looked around, trying not to show his excitement.

It's just an ordinary parlor, nothing special. But perhaps because he thought it was where Rosenia was born and grew up, everything seemed special.


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments