TVTLQ - Chapter 126

TVTLQ - Chapter 126

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



The Marquis decided to try to cajole the other person as gently as possible.

"Wouldn't you like to raise him by teaching him little by little? Like when you helped me grow Pierre's upper level."

"I am old too, Marquis. Now is the time to retire."

"Don't do that, just help me a little. He's my son, so he'll learn quickly."

William did not readily answer.

"Nathaniel, go out for a moment."

In the end, the Marquis became impatient and sent Nathaniel away.

When there were only two people left in the room, the Marquis grabbed the other person's hand.

"Look, we've been together for so long, but I'm so disappointed that this is really going to happen. Didn't you tell me when my son first started walking? I will have to work hard to hand over the grown-up Pierre top to Nathaniel later."

"Marquis."

William sighed.

"Give up your son."

"You!"

"Each person has an innate talent. And in my opinion, your son is not the right person to lead the top."

"You can't be so sure just because there haven't been any results in just a few years!"

"Lady Rosenia showed much more in just 6 months."

The Marquis flinched.

It was a reality he was trying hard to turn his eyes away from.

"Besides, Connors and Lupen are already wholeheartedly following the Vice President."

"Those two people?"

"It seems that His Highness the Crown Prince was moved by the fact that he placed a golden shovel on the top. Until now, Pierre has never received even a small award from the imperial family."

"That's true, but......."

"Once the maintenance of the Dostic area is completed I am assisting Vice President in the hope that His Highness the Crown Prince will visit in person."

"That doesn't make sense."

The Marquis' eyes became dizzy.

For some reason, Rosenia was so confident in front of him.

Connors and Lupen, along with William, were people who had special powers granted by the Marquis.

Since those two people were on her side, there was a part of him that believed him.

"William, you won't betray me, right?"

The Marquis, who became anxious, asked in a trembling voice.

If William even took Rosenia's side, he would really have to hand over the position of upper Pierre to Rosenia.

If Connors, Lupen, and William unanimously want the owner of the top to be replaced, the owner of the top will unconditionally comply with this. 

However, the new top shareholder candidate must be an employee of the top company who has achieved results that are recognized by everyone.

That has been their contract since the top was established.

"I know Nathaniel doesn't like you. But give him one more chance. I want you to take him around for a month, or even a week, and test him out, huh? Please do this."

The Marquis put aside his pride and prayed.

William sighed heavily. 

"I understand for now. So please stop."

"William! I thought you would take my side!"

"I just want to prevent the Pierre upper division from splitting up."

"Yes, that's right. That's my opinion too. So, it would be better for the person who was originally supposed to be the owner to take charge of the top."

William's expression wasn't very bright, but the Marquis didn't mind.

All he has to do is make William not support Rosenia, whether by giving him gold or silver treasures or using any other means.

Then, he will still be the owner of the merchant and he will be able to control Rosenia with the power of the merchant.

He could do anything for his beloved son.

***

"My father visited the upper headquarters in the morning."

"Yes. Nathaniel also came with up."

"He really didn't deviate from my expectations one bit, my father."

Feeling annoyed, I rolled the safe key in my hand.

This is the key to the safe where all the bonds and important documents at the top are stored.

And that safe was newly installed in my office at the Dostic branch where I am now.

'At first, I moved my main workplace here because of Icarus and moved my documents along with it.'

Looking back now, I think it was a good decision to move.

Thanks to him, I was able to prepare for my father's raid.

"I'm sure my father will approach me. I strictly manage it so that not even the smallest documents can be taken out without my approval."

“Yes, Vice President.”

"Be especially careful not to let funds flow away. Everything I need is here anyway, so there's almost nothing I can do on my own... The seal of the upper state is in my father's hand, which is a pain in the ass. Watch them carefully to make sure they don't do anything unnecessary."

"I will relay your instructions."

A sigh came out of my mouth.

Why do I have to do this?

So, if you just acknowledge me as your successor, it would be neat and a bit better?

"But the possibility of that happening is probably low."

So I had to hit my opponent first.

Association has a structure in which the owners have all authority, there has been a special contract that has been in effect since the time of its establishment.

It was a contract that if the three people to whom my father had specifically delegated authority unanimously wanted to change the owner of the business, the owner of the business must follow suit.

Of course, there is a condition that everyone must achieve acceptable results, but I satisfied that condition by receiving a golden shovel from the Crown Prince.

"Two people are already on my side."

Connors and Lupen were working by my side early on.

It seemed that Nathaniel had become very tired of serving him during the few years he had been in exile, so it was unlikely that he would change his mind even if his father tried to persuade him.

'The only one who hasn't changed his mind yet is William.'

He was my father's long-time friend and father's favorite confidant.

Even now, he was staying at the headquarters rather than the Dostic branch.

'My father probably looked for William as soon as he arrived today.'

If I could appease him, things would be resolved easily.

"And did you find the person who took Nathaniel's clothes?"

“Nо.”

Annie shook her head.

"He is not employed by us. When I asked Mr. Dentz, he said that none of the employees had ever seen Nathaniel in the first place."

"Then I guess he was really a street thug. Or it could be a lie that he had an accident near Dentz."

Nathaniel's humiliation on the street had nothing to do with me.

But I can't stand it when thugs hang around my store saying nonsense, like collecting space rent.

"Hire more people and strengthen security around the store. Also, check to see if any groups in nearby stores wanted to collect space taxes. If you see anyone suspicious, report it to the patrol."

"All right."

"And would you please call Connors and Lupen on your way out? Tell them to come in right now. I need to discuss Nathaniel's matter with my father."

"I understand, Vice President."

Annie left, closing the door.

I sat down and leaned against the back of the chair.

Now that Penelope has left for the Kingdom of Borsha, I thought the big deal was almost over.

It seemed like I was going to be busy again for a while.

***

The news that Rosenia and the Marquis Pierre were in conflict over the position of the upper lord quickly spread through people's mouths.

And of course, this news reached Calix's ears.

“The Marquis has become senile.”

After hearing the news, Calix scolded bitterly.

"I'm going to make Nathaniel Pierre a top stockholder. There are many different ways to choose downfall."

"Wasn't Marquis Pierre's love for his son famous from the beginning?"

"Even after seeing Miss Rosenia's abilities, I never thought he would be like this."

Calix lowered his eyes and spoke darkly.

"Maybe we should have made Nathaniel unable to function as a human being at all?"

"Oh my gosh, don't say that. My heart is dropping."

On the day of Penelope's wedding, his aide Dominic received an urgent order from Calix.

The instructions were to find out Nathaniel's whereabouts immediately and make sure that he could not even come to the imperial palace today.

Coincidentally, Dominic was around Dentz to check out Rosenia's new business site.

But Nathaniel appeared there, and Dominic was able to have his knights take him away before Nathaniel could cause a fuss.

It was an added bonus that Nathaniel, had lost all his clothes. was constantly interfering from behind so that he could not easily return to Marquis Pierre's residence.


Previous                Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments