TVTLQ - Chapter 62

TVTLQ - Chapter 62

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Don't worry. There's nothing to be nervous about."

"B-but the Duke can't even imagine my independence. What should I do if I even criticize him for being a beast that forgets grace? Or, you can say that you will maintain his support and only accept requests from the Prince and himself..."

"Suffice it to say that as a condition of the contract to receive the support of the Borsha royal family, there was a clause not to accept support from others. If you still ask me to make my own clothes....."

Either buy from Dentz's sub-brand scheduled to launch within a year or not.

Out of disapproval, a random thought arose. But if you say it like that, Blanc will definitely faint, so let's be patient.

"Let's just cite hier Highness the Princess as the reason. Her Royal Highness recommended you to the Prince.No matter how much of a Duke he is, he won't be able to say anything more because the royal family will notice."

The carriage ran quickly, and before I knew it, Blanc and I had arrived at the Duke of Montrose's residence.

"Welcome."

The head butler personally greeted us, as if he had been notified in advance that Blanc would be visiting today.

The attendants who were waiting came out and moved the boxes Blanc had brought. Looking at it this way, there really are a lot.

You must have been busy with everything, but when on earth was this all done?

"The Master is waiting. I'll take you to the parlor."

We followed the head butler into the mansion. It felt like I was walking directly into the maw of a tiger.

The grand and overwhelming interior of the mansion revealed Montrose's status.

'Pierre is also one of the nobles who are quite prosperous in the empire.'

Doesn't he have a merchant that supplies goods directly to the imperial palace?

However, as I walked around the Montrose mansion, I felt a clear difference in weight class.

'I understand why Estelle is trying so hard.'

If the role I had possessed was Estelle, I might have behaved even more stubbornly than I do now.

I swallowed a sigh of relief and naturally spoke to the head butler who was ahead of me. 

"The mansion is really beautiful. Everything that fills the hallway is a work of art. I feel like it was managed with great care and attention."

"Haha, is that so?"

It is the job of the head butler to manage the mansion.

The head butler smiled humbly as if he was pleased to hear my praise. Feeling the atmosphere becoming more gentle, I continued speaking.

"I heard there was a birthday banquet for the Princess a month ago. I wasn't feeling well at the time, so I couldn't attend the banquet." 

To be exact, Estelle didn't even invite me, but there's no need to say that.

"Because of that, I feel a little regretful that my visit to such a beautiful place has been delayed."

"Oh my. Are you okay now?"

"Yes. My health has improved a lot now. Rather than that... Is the Princess also at home today?"

My heart was pounding wildly while I waited for an answer.

Please don't......!

"No. Unfortunately, the Princess went out early this morning."

I almost let out an exclamation without realizing it, but I managed to hold it back.

Oh my God, Estelle isn't in the mansion!

My heart became so light that I felt like it was no big deal that I would soon be face-to-face with the Duke of Montrose.

"Duke, I brought you here."

The door opened, and I finally came face to face with the Duke of Montrose.

I had seen him from afar during the last National Foundation Banquet, but this was my first time meeting him so close and in person.

I greeted him gracefully with a smile on my face.

"Hello, Duke. This is Rosenia of Pierre."

"Oh, hello! Long time no see, Duke!"

"I came here today to deliver the goods prepared by Blanc Dentz and also to deliver some news."

"I didn't know Pierre was the Princess's representative."

The Duke, who had been mulling over his thoughts quietly, smiled and stood up.

"Welcome. Wasn't it difficult to get there?"

"Thanks to your concern, I was at peace."

"Haha, it's been bad since morning. Don't expect guests to come."

It's a noble way to say that I am an uninvited guest. I pretended not to notice Blanc, who was already shaking and smiled.

"I just do what needs to be done."

The maid brought out the tea and the door to the drawing room closed.

The Duke spoke first in the quiet drawing room.

"So, what brought you here today?"

I stabbed Blanc, who was sitting next to me, in the side. I came with Blanc today to help him, but he has to say this himself. Otherwise, he won't think Blanc did it.

"Huh? I asked what brought you here."

"I want to stop receiving the Duke's support!"

Blanc shouted in a fit of rage. I was so nervous that I made a beeping sound.

Blanc, whose face was bright red, spoke gibberish.

"Well, it's not that I don't like the Duke's support... I want to make other clothes in the future... Also, In fact, the Borsha royal family has shown a desire to support Blanc Dentz."

That's enough. I interrupted Blanc and intervened.

The Duke of Montrose raised his right eyebrow.

"What if they're royalty?"

"This is Prince Arsan Borsha, the fiancé of His Royal Highness Princess Penelope. Of the wedding gowns presented as a second gift, the Prince particularly liked the one made by Dentz. While he showed his intention to support Dentz, I heard that Dentz is currently receiving support from the Duke, so I came here to visit."

"Are you saying you want to provide exclusive sponsorship?"

"As it happens, yes, it is."

Nobles are so arrogant that they want to monopolize what they covet. That's why I don't want to share Blanc with him either.

I said with a grin.

"However, out of concern that the Duke would be embarrassed when you suddenly lost the dressmaker you had been supporting, Her Highness told me to pass this on to you."

I handed him the gift I brought. I borrowed Penelope's name and it was actually a few jewels I had prepared.

"She always said he was grateful for the Duke's contributions to the empire."

Just take it and quietly retreat. I also conveyed those words with dignity.

Click, the Duke opened the box.

Be saw a sparkling jewel.

It was a good way to clean your face, but it wasn't that expensive.

"It would be nice if a precious person who was about to celebrate something liked the person I was sponsoring."

He muttered softly and closed the box.

"Dentz has skills. Otherwise, how would I have supported him for so long? It's a good thing that Her Highness the Princess cares so much. Please tell her that I appreciate the gift."

"Yes, I will tell her."

"Haha, you've worked hard so far. Do you think you will be successful since there are so many people who recognize your abilities?"

"Okay, thank you."

"The clothes I brought you today will be the last clothes you make for me for a while. Good job! Meet my aide when you leave."

After a short conversation, he sent us out of the living room, saying he had an appointment soon. Blanc, who came out into the hallway, whispered quickly in excitement.

"The Duke just let me go! Blanc is free!

"Well..."

I was speechless.

The last time I saw him, his expression was very reluctant. Did the Duke really step down as Blanc said?

I had a gut feeling that it wouldn't be the case. Just in case, I need to prepare a contingency plan.

Then, suddenly the sound of rain was heard. When I turned my head, rain was falling outside the window.

"Let's go back first."

Since I finished my business, there was no need to stay here for long. Soon the Duke's aide arrived, and Blanc followed him into the next room to collect the fee for this commission.

Meanwhile, I stood in the hallway waiting for him.

But then, I heard someone's voice.

"Oh my, why is it raining all of a sudden?"

I shivered.

A very small but clear voice pierced my ears through the sound of rain hitting the window. Her voice was as lively as an oriole and as pure as jade beads on a tray.

And there is only one person in t his mansion with a voice like that.

No way.

I turned my head with an anxious gaze. At the same time, my eyes met with a person.

"Oh my, you are here! Hello."

A woman as bright as a spring flower was approaching me. Someone I really didn't want to encounter.

The main character of this world was Estelle Montrose.


Previous                     Next 


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments